/who/ - Doctor Who General

Colin "Crisps" Baker edition. Is this the sequel to the Jon Pertwee cookbook?

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qwoWo4ChYuQ
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/
youtube.com/watch?v=pwa6754O8SE
instagram.com/p/BWQ6ip9Ftkg/
twitter.com/Da_Whelan/status/883707508132651008
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DOCTORS ARE NOT REQUIRED

THICC
I don't have a life anymore, I only exist to make shitty memes.

youtu.be/qwoWo4ChYuQ

friendly reminder that this was the 12th doctor at his best

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Bill “I'm a lesbian” Potts) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

>not heaven sent

People will only reply to this if you actually get trips

that games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/ link sends me to the Mirror

what do you all think is the best piece of the doctor who soundtrack? imo its without a doubt video related
youtube.com/watch?v=pwa6754O8SE

Why don't you just kill yourself?

what happend!?

The Brocctor we once knew is no more.

Thanks. Use the other links for now.

I would say a time-related joke, but I honestly have no idea how this happened.

And the weirdest part is, he hasn't changed a bit since 1997

Which character in season 10 has come out of it for the worse? I reckon it's Moira. Poor women raises someone else's child, receiving no gratitude or affection in response, and now the same foster daughter is dead and she doesn't know a thing about it. Also the actress was in Doctor Who before and the no one gave a shit.

Poor poor Moira.

Moira was a bitch. She deserves it.

Heather blatantly states Bill can go back, and Bill's dialogue in that scene implies she intends to.

would u guys be opposed to a /who/ demographics survey? like age/gender/country/when you started using /who// favorite doctor? im just interested i promise im not COINTELPRO

How would you rank the Capaldi series?
10>8>9 for me
S10 had a couple rough episodes, primarily the Monks thing, but the finale and some stand-alone episodes made up for it
S8 started out lackluster, I didn't like grumpy Doc at first, but it also had some great episodes like Mummy, Flatline and Kill the Moon (which I loved)
S9 was held back by its persistence to stick to two-parters, meaning that if you didn't like the story, that's two whole episodes you're gonna dislike. The series opener and the "Under the Lake/Before the Flood" stories were great but after that every single episode was terrible with the exception of Heaven Sent which might be the greatest NuWho episode yet.

Yeah why not?

Moira wwas tough but fair.

Yeah and Clara said she had to go back to the extraction chamber but it isn't gonna happen.

Literally exactly how I feel, aside from liking Kill the Moon, and thinking Under the Lake/Before the Flood were good.

instagram.com/p/BWQ6ip9Ftkg/

...Holy shit, this must be a conspiracy.

literally better than the current title sequence

They make new opening titles just for one party?

>new
They just changed the colour

there's a lot of asset reuse there user

Moira had like two short scenes in the entire series but they were enough to show she wasn't a motherly type and that she didn't have much of a bond with Bill. Moira doesn't even know Bill's a lesbian and you guys always moan on and on about Bill proclaiming her sexuality all the time, so if even Moira didn't know, she can't have been close or interested enough to even know this about her foster child

9>10>8

8 was shite, mainly because of Clara.
9 was great but Clara dragged it down.
10 was good because no more Clara but Bill was shit until Extremis so drags it down.

SEASON 9 WAS SHIT
STOP SAYING IT WAS GOOD

She looked to me like a woman who had spent the last 20 years bringing up a girl she didn't have to, probably spending the majority if not all of it single, is broken by life, and is fed up of Bill for not giving a shit about her.

The Pertwee era was a golden age

I know I'm in the minority about liking Kill the Moon but I really enjoyed it. Loved the spiders, loved the moral dilemma and the way they made good use of the grumpy, less-approachable Doctor (leaving Clara alone to make the choice), and the little black girl wasn't even that annoying and that's saying something.

Can't argue that the moon hatching and being replaced by a perfect copy of itself was a bit of a half-arsed ending but I can look past it and just assume it's part of that alien's biological structure, however unlikely it seems when compared to biology as we knew it. But fuck it, it's alien.

pure kino m80buoy

They just altered it slightly. Let them have their fun, it's the Golden Wrap, the end of an era, a celebration of everything Who since 2010.

They clearly didn't get on well. But you guys seem to put the blame on Bill here. I think they both didn't try and get to know each other that much. Must've been an awkward household

If you think about it a newborn gave birth to something as large as itself which is fucked up

I like how this cover seems to say "KRIS MARSHALL IS ACTUALLY THE DOCTOR NOOOO EFFIN HELL!"

Who did she play in Doctor Who before?

A cat fucker

Moffat's face should have come through the Vortex, winked and then disappeared again.

anybody have any suggestions for questions they want added? rn i have
>age
>gender
>sexuality
>country
>when did you start using who
>would you be ok with female doctor
>favorite doctor

anything else i should add? what do you want to know about who? i'm thinking what age did you start watching who & have you seen classic who, too

Cock length

>Moira

i didnt even know she had a name.

The only companions family that stuck was rose's desu. Jackie and Rose's dad were great characters but ever companions family since have been boring as fuck

EXCEPT WILF OFCOURSE

Is this real or am I being autistic again?
It's probably the latter.

The woman in Gridlock who fucked the Father Dougal cat

Yeah, like I said, strange to us, but you can explain it away with alien biology. Maybe their structure makes them poop out a new egg that feeds on stars and instantly grows larger until it's shaped like the original egg/moon again. My point is, of course it was silly, but with a bit of imagination you can explain it away. It's alien biology, it's DW, don't take it too seriously.

"Girth?"

We can rate it on a scale from STICC 10 to THICC 6.

What about everyone's favourite? Amy's Aunt.

I like this idea. I actually raised the question of how old you were when you saw your first DW episode in a thread yesterday.

So yeah I would add
>what age did you first see an episode of DW
>what age did you start following the show
>what was the first episode/series you watched

I'm always curious if people grew up with the reboot like I did or if they started watching during Smith's run when the show became a lot more popular worldwide.

to be fair amys dog was in the show for like 3 seasons

Do you listen to Big Finish?

Time distortion pies.

Last night, I had a dream that Eva Green was caught on /who/ writing an Eva Green Doctor/ Natalie Dormer Doctor sex fic.

Yeah, I like Kill the Moon. The whole story is about how we deal with the unknown.

I gotta say /who/, I really enjoy posting on here and discussing Doctor Who in various ways but I am getting sick and fucking tired of clicking on signposts, cars and roads five times in a row.

legacy captcha lad

Go to settings on the bottom, click "Quotes and replying" then tick "Legacy Captcha" to switch it to where you enter worlds, which is quicker and easier.

And he was the best companion of nuwho

I had one tell me to click the helecopter, but it was a picture of a windmill.

>tfw no series where Eva Green is the Doctor and Dormer is her companion.
vice versa would be just as good.

Dutch helicopter innit.

I bet that if you play his audio books backwards you can here a voice say "I buried Colin". That guy is just an imposer

According to da whelan Capaldi is still filming
twitter.com/Da_Whelan/status/883707508132651008

Exactly this. 8 and 9 had better episodes in general, but also Clara.

was i the only one who wasnt surprised at all at the first doctor coming back? people were saying shit like he's gonna be in the vault that in my mind it was already set in stone he was coming back

The imposter ate Colin.

You click skip if that happens.

Wait, how come I didn't think of that before?!

Opinion on showrunners?

Brian too. But you are right all other families have been non existent or forgettable

I'd go for a Dormer Doctor, with Eva as a Victorian companion.

Btw I am very pleased that they haven't had the lesbian alien detective and her wife in the show for a long time.

I am eternally grateful.

Obviously the latter

Is this the most graphic scene in Nu-Who?

Vastra is from Earth so she's not really an alien.

/autism

They should bring back the old silurians and have them fight the new silurians.

No, that's malarkey. Maybe there are... Aliens involved?

gay

straight

Just fucking confirm him already

WE ALL KNOW HES GOING TO BE THE NEXT DOCTOR, JUST DO IT ALREADY

I don't know her

You can't spell retard without R-T-D

>tfw no more Nardy

I'd kill for a Nardole spin-off. Give him a vortex manipulator and have him journey through space and time bringing sarcasm and comic relief to the universe.

Moffat just doesn't care about the companion and background characters as much as about the interesting concepts and the doctor, kinda opposite to RTD who made some great and unforgettable characters even the background ones but didn't play around with time travel and science fiction concepts as much

Just a quick question. I have a very short window of time to finish S10 before I lose my internet connection. I just finished episode 8, The Lie of the Land. Whilst I fully intend to catch up at a later date, are Empress of Mars and The Eaters of Light skippable for now? I'm posting this rather fine portrait of Peter Davison in the hope it will get my post noticed and answered.

empress no IMO, but definitely Eaters

Dr. Who would certainly have a swipe at the President, if he disapproved of it.

Empress and Eaters are skippable. Eaters is good Who kino.

H's right you know

Shut up Mark.

>i don't want brown people in my childrens show about time travel :((((

>Implying he's wrong.