>Wolverine
>Star Lord
>Nick Fury

Throw in
>Cancelled Fantastic Four
>In the process of replacing Xmen with Inhumans
And
>Miles taking the "Spider-man" name

How far will they go Sup Forums? Everytime some new shit happens I feel like "No way theyll keep doing this shit, especially with sales tanking."

But it looks like no end's in sight.

>Iron Man
>Captain America
>Thor
>Hulk

>Yfw there isn't a single OG Avenger left

You forgot Hawkeye

And Quasar

But all 3 Ghost Riders are around. Robbie never replaced anyone, Johnny and Danny didn't even die

>especially with sales tanking
Kamala outsells pretty much any Carol title published

Whor also outsold God of Thunder

Only Wasp remains.

So? When was the last time you saw them? Which of the three had an ongoing? They were replaced dude.

>posts a pic with majority white and male in it

I meant Marvel in general. The only comics that are outselling DC are Spiderman, Black Panther, Deadpool and Star Wars

I just picked a random picture since you need one. Doesnt change what I said.

Isn't War Machine getting replaced by a girl? And Pym is definitely on the road to being replaced by his retcon daughter. Wouldn't be surprised if that faggot Coates ends up replacing Black Panther with a bitch as well. Not to mention Iceman is a fag now.

Not replaced. Throw in the background. This is often done with legacy characters.

They were all in Ghost Racers, which is also the last time we've seen Robbie.
>B-but that wasn't 616
Literally who gives a fuck.

I think you mean that Marvel holds majority share of the market

I guarantee you that Rebirth will do basically nothing for DC sales because comic quality or integrity has NEVER been the defining factor in sales

Nah, that girl is replacing Iron Man. When people criticised this no name taking Starks place, Alonso just said "You can geuss why people dont like her"

Playing the fucking victim card as usual

What about Gwenpool?

In Robbies ongoing, Johnny comes and mentors him.
Then Johnny, Danny, Robbie, Alejandra and every other important GR showed up in Ghost Racers.

Ghost Riders, no matter who it stars, pretty much has had shit sales every ongoing for awhile.

Also Johnny has been on pretty much all of the Champions variants coming out with Robbie nowhere in sight outside of Alonso mentioning he might show up

>>Iron Man
Not replaced, placed aside for a while. He'll be back, especially seeing the future movies.

>Captain America
Also not replaced, Steve is still around.

>Ghost Rider
Nope, not replaced, all put in the back

>Thor
I'll give you that one, but even still Thor can come back

>Ms Marvel
It's not like you gave a fuck about her before you seen that made her a paki. So why are you triggered now?

>Blade
Blade hasn't had a single good ongoing in decades, no one cares.

>Wolverine
I'll give you this one

>Star Lord
Also this one. The choice of Kitty pride was bullshit

>Nick Fury
To be fair the movie Fury is what inspired this. Even still I don't see Fury changing much.

>Cancelled FF

Good, maybe when they return, they'll come back better than before, because their books were shit.

>Xmen with Inhumans
I don't like this either I agree.

>Miles taking the Spider-man name
He's ONE of multiple Spider men. Peter is still on the front lines and hell he'll probably get much love around his movie release.

That too, god the list is fucking endless

I doubt we'll ever see Pym with superhero name.
>tfw they pull out Spider-Man and Uncanny Avengers with Robbie

I must have missed the comic where Deadpool died and Gwenpool was announced as his replacement and nothing would ever be the same again.

>placed aside for a while
>Steve is still around.
Theyre still replaced. Sam and Riri are still presented at THE Iron man and CA. Whether they themselves get replaced later is irrelevant. We're talking about right now. Everyone thought Thor would be coming back soon cause of the films and just look what happened.

>It's not like you gave a fuck about her before you seen that made her a paki. So why are you triggered now?
Its not like I care about that. Fuck, I even like Ghost Riders replacement. I'm talking about the number of times they've done it.

>Blade hasn't had a single good ongoing in decades, no one cares.
Again, its not about how much you care about the individual, its about the increasing nature of these actions. I don't care about Blade. I do care that he's the twentieth character they've replaced. You can't just keep saying "Who cares, not a fan" until they get round to a character you DO care about.

>He's ONE of multiple Spider men
But he's not Scarlet Spider or Arachnid or whatever. He's "Spider-man". His comic is just called "Spider-man".

Just to reiterate, you can fluff it all you want, the fact is that all these characters have been changed to appeal to a market thats not buying the comics. I'm asking when, if ever, theyll stop?

Lets not forget Hawkeye and the others I myself forgot to add to the list.

>List is endless
>11 characters
>most of which are debatable seeing how their characters are still around co existing with the legacy characters.

>"Its okay! They're in the background! Sure they no longer hold the title or have the ongoing or are presented as the titular character... but theyre not dead! So it doesnt count!!"

You saying it in memetext doesn't make it any less true

You're retarded.
When people say "Marvel thinks that by keeping Bruce in the background we wont be able to tell he's been replaced? Who are they fooling?"
You're the guy theyre talking about.

>Theyre still replaced.
No, they still have the mantle, however the spotlight is on newer characters. You'd actually have to kill them off and take them out the many books their in to replace them.

>Everyone thought Thor would be coming back soon cause of the films and just look what happened.

Because Thor was a supporting character in those films. He has no major role. We'll see when his own movie drops.

>Its not like I care about that. Fuck, I even like Ghost Riders replacement. I'm talking about the number of times they've done it.

So you can count the times they've done it...good, but what's the point?

> I do care that he's the twentieth character they've replaced. You can't just keep saying "Who cares, not a fan" until they get round to a character you DO care about.

You care about the politic aspect of it, you don't care about the content of if it's producing greater results. You seem to upset with subliminal implications that Marvel is siding with an ideology you don't agree with, despite Marvel having all legal properties and authority to make these changes in light of attempting to garner an outside fanbase. The idea is they're doing this to garner a new audience. Rather it works or not isn't the point, they THINK this is the strategy that will get them new readers.

>But he's not Scarlet Spider or Arachnid or whatever. He's "Spider-man". His comic is just called "Spider-man".

Yes just like the new Blue Beetle is called Blue Beetle and the new Nova is called Nova. That's how legacies work.

>all these characters have been changed to appeal to a market thats not buying the comics

All these changes are due to the dying state of comics and the creators are hopping wave after wave to revive the art. But to be fair, when have comics not done this?

Luke Cage was created solely to grab black readers. The X-men comics were a reflection of the Civil Right movement

>Cont.

>Just to reiterate, you can fluff it all you want, the fact is that all these characters have been changed to appeal to a market thats not buying the comics.

Hell comics in general were always attempting to be political and mold around a political agenda. Look at Captain America for Christ sakes.

>No, they still have the mantle, however the spotlight is on newer characters. You'd actually have to kill them off and take them out the many books their in to replace them.

You're being pedantic as fuck
>"Theyre not technically replaced!"
The focus is off them. They don't have a book. They are not classed as the "main" version of their title. That means theyve been replaced.

Maybe not "in universe", but we're not talking in universe. We're talking Marvel going "We want a black CA, replace Steve"

I'm not going to argue semantics with you. Its not a loop hole, everyone can see what Marvel is doing.

>>"Its okay! They're in the background! Sure they no longer hold the title or have the ongoing or are presented as the titular character... but theyre not dead! So it doesnt count!!"

But they're not dead....Marvel is trying for a new arrange of characters and stories, because said stories have been going on for 70 years and people are losing interest. So to play it safe they're keepign the older characters around while trying to see what sticks in the mind of the modern geek.

None of this justifies replacing your favorite character or the shit writing, but this does explain the actions behind the sudden push.

>Marvel having all legal properties and authority to make these changes
I never implied they didnt dude. Just cause they can doesnt mean I should like it. What the hell are you even saying?

>Yes just like the new Blue Beetle is called Blue Beetle and the new Nova is called Nova. That's how legacies work.
But you were just arguing these guys WERENT replaced.

>The focus is off them. They don't have a book. They are not classed as the "main" version of their title. That means theyve been replaced.

Like I said, you'd have to actually get rid of them to replace them. Captain America and Spider-Man both have an ongoing right now which however they're sharing the spotligth with their younger counterparts.

>Maybe not "in universe", but we're not talking in universe.

You can't just exclude this part of the discussion, because at some point you're skewing the argument in favor of your own perspective. In universe is what matters. They have ongoings, they are still around and ready to step in the light again when things go wrong. They're sharing the spot light with other characters meaning if those characters don't work in the long wrong, Marvel can easily write them out the way.

No, Blue Beetle is dead and Nova is gone. Now those guys were replaced. Wolverine and Nick Fury was replaced. The rest are still around.

>IIT: People bickering about whether or not that characters are technically "replaced"

Derailed by marvelfags just like always. You'd have to be a real goddamn idiot not to see that theyve replaced all their most popular characters for the SJW crowd - but theres nothing Marvel can do that wont get defended.

Replacing ALL their characters, cancelling Xmen and FF... Shit. What the fuck is left for them to do?

>Like I said, you'd have to actually get rid of them to replace them.
And like I said, you're just being pedantic. In universe that might not count. But in terms of COMICS they are.

You're just trying to avoid the real shit here anyway. "Oh it doesnt count!" jfc

Still doesn't make it untrue

It really does.
Marvel are counting on idiots like you to eat their shit cause of "technicalities".

I always wondered how people could still be buying Marvel comics and justify whats been going on.

Just got my answer; hard denial.

>Derailed by marvelfags just like always
....It's a thread about Marvel characters. It's not derailed, because people are discussing the topic at hand. You're just upset people aren't drinking the kool-aid and hive minding your beliefs.

>ou'd have to be a real goddamn idiot not to see that theyve replaced all their most popular characters for the SJW crowd - but theres nothing Marvel can do that wont get defended.

Marvel gets an assplowing on Sup Forums all the time. People aren't defending their actions, but tryign to clarify them.

>Replacing ALL their characters
They haven't. And even still characters get replaced all the time.

>Cancelling Xmen and FF

That was for business purposes. That has little to do with OP, because they cancelled those due to the complicated contract they're in with their partners.

>What the fuck is left for them to do?

Nothing really...they've done it all. This is why they're introducing new characters and stories.

>Marvel are counting on idiots like you to eat their shit cause of "technicalities".
Marvel are counting on the casuals to agree with the choices they've made and bring about another comic book golden age.

No one here is buying their comics because of minorities in the spotlight, but I won't just sit here and pretend I don't understand how business works in light of being triggered, like you very so clearly are.

They all have ongoinge though, even thor is getting one.

>You're just trying to avoid the real shit here anyway. "Oh it doesnt count!" jfc

No one here is excusing Marvel for putting new characters in the light. This, like I said before, is something companies have ALWAYS done.

A lot of the characters you mentioned are still around. This is FACT. Many of these characters have coexisting comics with their new counterparts, THIS IS FACT. None of that indicates those characters are being replaced. However I do acknowledge the ones I mentioned in my earlier post, that some characters ARE being replaced. I didn't say it was for the good nor did I say it was horrible.

I'm not even mad anymore. I just stopped caring

Jonathan Ohm used to be a white guy.
Now he's black and white

>I guarantee you that Rebirth will do basically nothing for DC sales

Issues 2 and 3 have apparently received better sales than 1 of most of the first month titles. That's unheard of

And even if they didn't only a fool would think DC's sales were not going to improve after DCYou was such a disaster

Every Marvel comic thread on this board is fucking poison. The only exception is Vision. Aren't you guys tired of being angry? I know I am

>He's ONE of multiple Spider men

There are multiple Spider-heroes, but only one Spider-man at a time (Miguel's time-travelling shenanigans notwithstanding)

Miles is supposed to be just 'Spider-man' now
Not 2099 Spider-man or Ultimate Spider-man. He's in the main universe, lost all reason to take up Peter's identity (what with his reason from 1610 not being valid anymore), and doesn't have any of his past stories (remember, Molecule man made him 'always part of 616-8')

It's been nearly a decade and OMD/OMIT still makes me angry

>Every Marvel comic thread on this board is fucking poison
So yesterday I hid three CWII-related threads, and I missed the discussion on this board about Marvel's SDCC CWII and NOW! 2.0 panels, as well as the new arc reveals for Deadpool and All-New Wolverine, and my prediction of a brand new Marvel title to be announced at SDCC coming true.

Theres also a new Falcon and Deathlok, and a shitload of villains replaced by younger versions, so get going amd update your list.

She seems to be mentoring Pym's daughter by his first wife now, but she's alive.

I remember when this first started
>dont worry guys its not like there going to replace a bunch of heros just a few
Bet those folks feel sillly now

>That's unheard of
I auctualy cant think of a single other example of this sort of thing

Victor von Doom is replacing Tony. The girl with her cobbled together armor is the Miles.

>Pym is fused with his killer robot son

>I doubt we'll ever see Pym with superhero name.
The new Wasp is named Nadia Pym.

>Iron Man
I'll give you that. Fuck Bendis and his need to shit on everything to make it his own.
>Captain America
Falcon's a long-standing Cap supporting character, so it's not like they invented someone new to be the new Cap. Captain Falcon is pretty neat as a character.
>Ghost Rider
None of the others had been in anything for a while before Robbie's ongoing started, and once Robbie got cancelled they've had more-or-less equal numbers of appearances.
>Thor
This was a good concept. Jane taking up the hammer and role of Thor after the Odinson loses it could've been neat and an interesting concept. It was just ruined by awful, hamfisted writing and the stupid "uuuuu Who Is Thor" mystery.
>Hulk
Fuck you, Chulk is great. See Captain America, also.
>Ms Marvel
The original Ms Marvel got promoted to Captain, so who gives a shit. The role was free anyway.
>Blade
Who?
>Wolverine
I don't like this one, but, you know, she's still an existing supporting character. Also, we've got Old Man Logan.
>Star Lord
>Paying attention to Bendis Guardians
>2016
>Nick Fury
Yeah, that one kind of sucks, especially when he has none of the cool Nick Fury elements of Ultimate or MCU Fury.

Thing is, all of these replacements except probably Fury are going to be temporary; it's not like the originals are being written out forever.. So does it matter that much? Legacy replacement characters have been a thing in comics forever, and most of these provide interesting storytelling opportunities.
tl;dr let go of your rage, realise it doesn't matter, and appreciate these for what they are.

>Who?
Daughter of the original whose book is yet to be re-announced

Ah.
Still, again, what was the last time Blade did anything? Mighty Avengers?

Does she count when she only exist as s concept?

If they're still very much alive and active it isn't being replaced. While we're at it Ms Marvel shouldn't even be there since the current one is just a fan of someone alive who just got renamed captain marvel. If Carol for killed and Kamala started calling herself captain that would be another story.

In what possible way does she count?
Deadpool? Has a comic as well as his own group of mercs
Gwen? On top of the original being dead the only other big one is spider woman in another universe and isn't getting replaced either

But the point remains that there are still many others. When Miguel isn't going through that portal people think he is just Spider-Man the same way they assumed prowler swinging around was Spider-Man. The only thing different about Miles is he is the only one in New York almost 24/7 since the other 2 constantly are unavailable. Only thing he took over is part of Peter's old turf

>But the point remains that there are still many others
It doesn't
At all
There's one (1) other and he's from the future where Peter's been dead and become a legend

>Luke Cage was created solely to grab black readers. The X-men comics were a reflection of the Civil Right movement
Suddenly, the wild faggot appears
It's like you don't read comics and only want to troll people on Sup Forums

>Black Panther
This only sold well because LCS had to get copies if they wanted Star Wars cover variants. Ask your LCS how many BPs they actually sold.

>To be fair the movie Fury is what inspired this
No, Marvel did that way before the movie. They even asked Samuel L Jackson if they could use his likeness and he told them only if he got play the character if it ever was in a movie.

They used SLJ in the movies BECAUSE of Ultimate NF

I used really like quasar somewhere I have fist edition 1-5. What did they replace him with?

>Isn't War Machine getting replaced by a girl?
I fucking wish

War Machine's niece, a young black woman currently studying under Stark, has only been around 2 years and Marvels already shoved her under a bus.

So they can bring in Bendis OC #465346, who will be a young black woman studying under Stark.

So with all these switcharoos, how are sales? I remember reading that this year sales were awful and retailers were complaining. But that was from BC, so the info could just be stolen lies from Sup Forums again

Diamond has been reporting a steady increase in comic book sales over the last few years.

However, variant covers have gotten a little out of control and see So take this as you will. Are comics selling more, or is LCS just getting more unmovable stock?

>How far will they go Sup Forums?
Don't care, reading DC now.

>However, variant covers have gotten a little out of control
Thanks in large part to Marvel.

SeeYou don't read comics.

You do know there was already a female BP, right?

>blade
Wait what
Did I miss something

You forgot Nova, but this one's finally ending soon.

Ok looking at the thread im wrong there are still people saying its just a few characters

How can you tell him to not pay attention to Bendis Guardians and then pay attention to the other Marvel bullshit including Bendis stuff.

During Standoff he passes off the bands to some SHIELD lady for no good fucking reason.

Blade's daughter had a book in ANAD but it did terribly.

Nigga Sam is about as ethnic as Kyle Rayner.

She never had a book. It was left in development limbo forever.

He's Mexican. I know you're about to say "half Mexican". Still Mexican.

I thought he said he couldn't control them anymore. Still a very dumb reason.

You forgot replacing Dr Strange with a white guy.

>>Iron Man
Wont last long.
>>Captain America
White Cap is still around
>>Ghost Rider
None of the ghost riders have been seen for a while
>>Thor
Real Thor is coming back
>>Hulk
The only bad thing about this was that Bruce was killed off
>>Ms Marvel
The old got a promotion so I don't see the problem
>>Blade
???
>>Wolverine
>>Star Lord
>>Nick Fury
I'll give you these
>>Miles taking the "Spider-man" name
Peter is still Spider-Man so I don't see the problem.

>blade

Wait why?

How are Thor and Wolverine replaced when Unworthy Thor and Old Man Logan are still around?

>>Miles taking the "Spider-man" name
>Peter is still Spider-Man so I don't see the problem.

I suppose it amounts to somone else using Gretsky's hockey bumber
While he was still playing

Apparently they replaced Blade with a minority and that bothers people

I really don't know why they decided to call her Thor instead of Thordis
It's a fucking name, not a title.
God of Thunder, there's a title.
Wielder of Mjolnir, there's a title.
Thor, there's a name

Shh, don't question the shitposting.

There was gonna be a comic about Blade coaching his daughter in the art of killing niggas who ice skate uphill after battleworld, but it hasnt come out yet

His daughter.

We should make our own Marvel comics. With blackjack and hookers!

>Marvel heroes meet up with some of the more benign villains for poker
>They can buy back in/get more chips by performing stupid dares from other players
>That time DOOMbots broke up the party because Spot dumped a statue of Reed in the middle of Latveria

Most of those characters were still around after they were ""replaced"" though.

But Steve IS around, he has his own book and is in Uncanny Avengers.