/dceu/ general

comfy capekino

Other urls found in this thread:

thefederalist.com/2013/11/11/plato-man-steel/
argus-gov.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What if he said "You're killing Martha!"

probably would've been better

Will whedon cuck JL? The only DCEU movies I have left to look forward to are Batman ones with reeves.

>when even your worst DC movie is worth of an Oscar

how can marvelcucks will ever recover?

reminder this was made by actual pajeets and they will cry to the mods to help them when exposed

what about aquakino? wan is a solid director and momoa should be great

thefederalist.com/2013/11/11/plato-man-steel/

>t. didn't actually watch the Oscars
If you had watched them then you would know that the only reason SS won over Star trek beyond was so that the winners could give an acceptance speech that was about nothing but how awesome migrant workers are. It's no coincidence that in the year where the academy finally bowed to pressure from SJWs (which was also the first Oscars ceremony under Trump's presidency) that they gave best makeup--an award that they never cared about in the first place--to the only movie up for the award that also happened to be the only one with a makeup team filled with migrants. I could care less about these company wars but anybody with eyes who has seen SS and star trek beyond had to realize that something was fishy with that award

it's a joke lad

>BVS: Dawn of Jewtice
wdtmbt

>tfw you realize Snyder's capekino are what Kubrick would be making if he was alive today

>he actually sat down and watched the Oscars ceremony

I just finished watching Reel Analysis' video on MoS and I was really impressed with it. Never knew just how much snyder tried to show how the movie really is the birth of superman, especially all that stuff with the world engines.

What if he didn't really say Martha at all?

I have high hopes for underwater awesomeness and spoops.

Is the stuff like the top two images intentional or probably just a coincidence? It seems like a lot to plan out.

Am I the only faggot here who actually really likes slow-mo in movies? Especially in action scenes.

That's fucking nuts.

No you're not alone. Slow motion let's you see the action in more detail than other director tricks like shakey cam and quick cuts. .

That really opened my eyes, too. I didn't even know about it until about a month after BvS's release.

I put nothing past this man. Nothing.

I like it in the hands of someone who knows how to use it well. In my opinion, Snyder knows how to use it exceptionally well.

It's a lot better than the disgusting quick cuts that marvel loves to use, that's for sure.

Is this thread ironic

Nothing at all.

Post moar deep stuff

Something to ponder about things to come, DCbros:

Argus.

argus-gov.com/

It's the project that Task Force X operates under. Its Latin motto Noster Quaerere Incipere translates to "our search begins." Pretty much guaranteed to be referring to the search for metahumans, and the first guy we saw keeping tabs on any was none other than Lex himself. Though it's never overtly stated in the movie, it's pretty obvious that he's collecting his data by means of hacking surveillance cams and even other government projects like some sort of all-seeing eye. Interestingly, one of the definitions of Argus is "giant with a hundred eyes."

I think Waller's working for Lex, the corporate giant that sees all and knows all, and she may not even know it yet.

>underwater horror kino

as someone who has an irrational fear of deep water (and the things lurking therein) I'm not sure how i feel about this

Cinema is a visual medium. To not appreciate editing techniques like slow motion and ramping is to reject the most essential part of the form. To prefer fast cut multicam action where you can't see clean movement is the ultimate mark of the pleb. You're safe here fellow DChad.

I still like this one a lot.

>is this thread ironic

METROPOLIS

MANKIND IS INTRODUCED TO THE SUPERMAN

Is there seriously only one film next year

What are the odds of them announcing another one for a July 2018 release at SDCC

that poster is such a visual clusterfuck .. just a bunch of headshots all pasted together with no harmony, your eye isn't drawn anywhere in particular

Not me. I like being spooped.

Here's one that sort of sets the stage for one of the running themes: under the right circumstances, anything can become a religion, anything can become a god.

>ALEXander III of Macedonia
>ALEXander II of Luthor
holy shit

if you have to ask, you don't belong here

Man these kino threads are always so fucking stupid.

I'm actually OK with a slower pace. It's been a hectic couple of years for cape fans, and I'd rather them take their time and deliver something memorable than something people are going to digest and forget in a week.

Is WB recycling the plot of BvS for Godzilla vs Kong?

Here are the caps that pretty much started it all. A lot of opinions have changed and evolved since then, but you can see the beginnings of understanding in them.

And here's one about Man of Steel's childhood flashbacks. It made me happy to hear that Pa Kent's got some scenes in Justice League.

Which one is Bruce? I say Kong, because he'd sort of be the underdog.

Why would superman call her martha instead of mom? Ma? Anything but just her name.

That is one of the biggest problems I have with these superman movies is that he feels so far separated from normal people. He doesn't really seem to have any sort of emotional connection with his parents or even Lois. That is what they were going for pushing his alien aspect but to me that was never what superman was about. He may not have been human but he embodied all of the best characteristics that make us human.

I liked Leto Joker. I just wish they remove the tattoo on his forehead.

Because he is speaking through his Superman persona not as Clark Kent. He wouldn't say I'm trying to locate my girlfriend, he would say I'm trying to find Lois Lane. He is pleading with Batman to find a missing person, her name is Martha Kent. Saying my mom would be irrational, since he would have to assume that Batman knows his identity and family members' names.

In the film you can even hear Superman saying Kent, but he says it with a gasped breath because there is a boot over his neck.

he's okay. frankly the joker is overrated as a villain. i prefer like, two-face or deathstroke.

It might turn out that Clark didn't even say Martha - it might have just been Bruce hearing what he needed to hear to stop himself.

Bruce was sabotaging his own vendetta campaign pretty much from the word go by choosing to make a spear instead of an actual bullet. Bruce can't kill that way, not even at his worst, especially not a guy that his own mind was already painting in as one of the "angels."

Watch the scene again sometime. Take notice of the first time we hear Clark refer to Martha as his mom. It's after Lois shows up. There's more than one way that can be interpreted, sure, but it's going to be pretty damn funny if Clark comes back thinking Bruce is some sort of telepath.

This would actually be an interesting take: the Joker equates violence with love which is why he constantly harasses Batman because he would show love to him - and it would explain his relationship with Harley Quinn...

Same. I felt he was hugely under utilised and with massive potential, Im indifferent to the tattoo

Most more kino lads

>Watch the scene again sometime. Take notice of the first time we hear Clark refer to Martha as his mom. It's after Lois shows up. There's more than one way that can be interpreted, sure, but it's going to be pretty damn funny if Clark comes back thinking Bruce is some sort of telepath.

that's exactly the type of weird, auteur thing zack would do. and plebs on reddit would hate it.

I do too. Even the tats have grown on me.

I just want to see Hush/Zsasz/Hugo/Riddler... heres hoping reeves uses him

checked

There's a Ring Cycle, Tolkien, Arthurian kind of feel to BvS(and JL, it seems) that I really like. The literary archetype of Edenic "childhood" or pre-history is certainly present in BvS. 300 has that same sort of feel.

>Were there any that didn't get cut? I'm asking you, were there any that didn't get cut? There were so many scenes that got cut from the movie, I couldn't even start. I think that the Joker... we did a lot of experimentation on the set, we explored a lot. There's so much that we shot that's not in the film. If I die anytime soon, it's probably likely that it'll surface somewhere. That's the good news about the death of an actor is all that stuff seems to come out.

I'd love to see Zsasz. Love. It.

Countless people are killed everyday for superman to just come out and say 'Martha Kent is dying' is really strange. It would make much more sense for this one death that he is so focused on even when he is about to die to be someone close to him. I think it could have been more powerful for him to say mom and that would cause Bruce to hesitate. To see superman as more human. It helps to show an emotional connection that was lacking everywhere else in the story.

Reeves said he's doing a detective-focused movie, so a Se7en-esque story of Batman and hopefully a Robin goddamn it hunting down Zsasz would be pretty fucking rad.

I can't wait for us to get more information on the Ancient War. I think we're going to find out through Diana that there's more to the absence of the gods than just Ares.

If you noticed, not even Ares wanted to operate anywhere but the shadows, and I think we're going to find out there's a reason for that.

He flew too close to the sun.

Robin makes everything campy. Just look at him

>detective-focused movie
Neat. Hopefully it's Commissioner focused too.

Ahh yes, the thread that reminds me of why Sup Forums has horrible taste

Steve went out like a Superman.

Batfleck should already have a 3rd Robin.

>lex reverses the picture of the angels and demons
>"we were wrong, demons don't come from underground, but from above"
>next movie is about how bruce, after having his sins redeemed by the death of superman, gathers the justice league on earth
>the implication that angels come from earth

woah. How will marlels recover? Another 5 second clip of a purple man with a magic glove?

fuck "campy." the robins are essential to batman as a character, it's absurd that they've been almost entirely forgotten in the films.

isnt it time you went back?

How would you feel about Carrie Kelly?

I like Tim Drake a lot, but even I have to admit that he's basically just Grayson made over.

Thanks for sharing these. I'm leaving this thread up so I can check for more when I get home from work.

>Carrie Kelly?
Sophia Lillis

Did anybody notice that lex after talking with Steppenwolf he was no longer all whacky and autistic

I'd say he makes Batman a stranger character. Imagine, Ben Affleck parading around with some kid in these shorts. Hammers home how fucked up this guy really is that he would use children as essentially soldiers in his war against crime.

A bunch of fanboys(girls) might get upset of not having the complete set.

I sure did. Still a bit unhinged, but it was almost like even having just a little bit of the knowledge(truth) he was sitting on come to light "unburdened" him.

Except less than a minute before that scene Batman says "I bet your parents told you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason."

Batman knows Superman has parents. Biological and adoptive. That's easy to assume. It's only when there is a name attached that he really has to consider the depth of a single human life. When he hears "Martha" he remembers everything about his mother and what she meant to him. Suddenly, Superman didn't just have "a mother" he had a Martha in his life too, and it was then that Batman truly saw himself in Superman. He had already been projecting the darker side of his personality onto him, his belief that people can be corrupted because he himself is "fallen" but when he is taken back to the night of his parents death, he remembers the innocence and potential for grace that is in every human being.

I know for sure that I'll be perfectly cool with them leaving Damian out. I hate that kid.

that's still missing a couple of people

>Hammers home how fucked up this guy really is that he would use children as essentially soldiers in his war against crime.

Same. Hopefully if Flash goes into the future he meets Terry McGinnis

>I hate that kid.

M-Marvel can make references too!!!

Does anyone know why DC has an obsession with characters having black hair and blue eyes? Bruce, Clark and Diana could pass as triplets.