Why would federation use troublesome teleporters if they have warp drive...

Why would federation use troublesome teleporters if they have warp drive. Surely it would be easier to use warp than teleporters to get to a worlds surface.

what?

pleb

Agreed

why didnt they just replicate eagles to fly them down to the planets

You saying they should warp people through the ships hull to the planet's surface instead of transporting them?

They should do it in Into Darkness style. Just fly the spaceship into the fucking ocean and scuba drive out

The eagles would have burned in the atmosphere, silly. What you need is a good space lizard to ride on.

good idea OP, the crew should each strap a warp drive to their backs!

>when the ionization in the atmosphere is too intense and the crew has to take a shuttle down or beam down in a very specific time window

She has a remarkably placid look on her face considering the manner of her death
Also still fuckable

I'd dock my enterprise between her two docking pylons if you catch my drift

could you imagine maybe getting down there and touching her boob and giving her a little kiss before security shows up

scenario: you mom needs to be rescue from hell. warp cannot go to hell, only teleporter can rescue her. you dog try to help but he is now trap in hell too. you favourite dessert get trapped in hell too. only the teleporter can extract it all. now, what do you do? is warp so reliable now? ponder this quandary.

>why dont they travel at light speed straight into a planet

American """""""""""""""""education""""""""""""

because replicated eagles have their own free will and can choose whether they want to meddle in the affairs of Starfleet or not.

not exactly a reliable source of transportation

You have the holodecks for rape/necro fantasies

what if they catch you in the act?

the woman in ops pic wasnt a victim of transport malfunction

But why? Wouldn't the transporter replace the matter with the transported thing? I mean if they got transported to a room full of air(so a normal room) they would have oxygen poisoning and die

That episode I believe her death was caused by the ship phasing out or some shit

>Being killed and having an identical copy of you created somewhere else in order to get somewhere faster
What did they mean by this?

Side topic: the interstellar transporter they created in Into Darkness totally fucks up the entire Trek universe. If you can beam to other planets there is very little need for the Enterprise. Or just make a big transporter and transport the ship. Warp drive no longer needed.

Also completely changes how they fight. Just teleport a bomb to wherever you want.

The Star Fleet is about human space exploration, They could have built millions of probes and send them everywhere, but people were bored because there are no money anymore

just teleport the entire ship problem solved

>thinks the atmosphere is hot
>doesn't understand impact heat
>ignorant of a galaxy filled with space eagles
Why even engage, user?

>replicated eagles have their own free will
this nigger has never left earth

I was thinking that one of the stipulation would be line of sight. But I also thought well if you can warp space time I'm sure your warp bubble could pass through leaving the hull intact after.

...yeah!

My mothers a saint so she will rot in the dirt like the test of us.

Obviously slow down before actually reaching the planet

space eagles

Its true!

I think a theory of how teleporters work??

You're not actually going anywhere in warp though, you're literally standing still and warping space towards you. You can't use something like that for getting to a surface.

starfleet is very progressive

Yes I can, faggot.

>You're not actually going anywhere in warp though, you're literally standing still and warping space towards you.

That was Futurama, not Trek

How would that even work with two ships in warp at the same time, pulling space in opposite directions

>unrelated.txt
Humans can explore the universe by teleporting if they have the technology. The Iconians did that.

Fuck off retard, Futurama was "the engines move space", Star Trek Warp Drives WARP space, shrinking it in front of you and expanding it behind you to create a wave that your ship rides.

tubular

That's not how teleporters work. Your sentience at its foundation is entangled to your form, where ever it may be, once you're elsewhere your conscious continues.

Then how does changing speed mid-warp work, if you sow down does it stretch space back out in front of you? You're already moving

>this is my life now

Like if instead of an engine, your car just turned whatever road you were currently on into a downhill slope

How do dimmer switches work?

>another shit episode of Voyager
>about to drop
>Seven starts breathing heavily
>... guess this episode isnt that THAT bad

Seven made S5 watchable, shame it became even worse than S2 after that

I really struggle to remember any watchable episodes of Voyager that didn't involve The Doctor or the Holodeck

The one with Lietenant Tom Cousteau getting sent to the brig is pretty good, that's the only one that comes to mind though.

psst, the tripfags don't know about this thread