What would you do if you were a healthy 23 years-old male with no diploma, Sup Forums ?

What would you do if you were a healthy 23 years-old male with no diploma, Sup Forums ?

I failed college and spiraled into depression, no memeing. I worked factory jobs, and got pushed by my father to become a nurse, even though I hate this shit. So here I am, in a nursery school i'm skipping half of the time because I hate this shit and it's absolutely full of retards compared to the college I first started at, no idea where I'm headed at in my life, friendless loser living at his mom's place.

Helpme, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

dagensmedisin.no/artikler/2016/06/22/frarader-medisinstudier-i-polen/
onisep.fr/Ressources/Univers-Metier/Metiers/technicien-technicienne-de-maintenance-industrielle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Man you´re 23
how the fuck did you end up studying what your father wanted?
I believe not everybody is an idiot in your school, maybe you are just a weirdo.

Anyway, if you really hate that school, drop it and do what you want, your father will die and you will be an unsatisfied nurse. Get a job and use your money as you wish.

well, first thing you should drop out, doing something you hate just to satisfy someone else is always a terrible idea and it will take you straigh back into depression.
do something you think is a good use of your short and fragile life. what about your first degree you were working on before you dropped out? did you liked it, did it interest you? do that if yes. find something else if not, but you have to actively seek that out, not wait until it finds you. read shit from all areas of knowledge and see what intersts you, then think about careers related to that field, choose one and work towards that.
and it's okay if you lose some years while searching. you'll get more experience and wisen up. I know very succesful people who stared working towards where they are now late in their life, like a surgeon who only went to med school after he was 30 and already had other degree. thats fine.
and I hope you're doing therapy and seeing a psychiatrist about your depression? that shit can come back, keep it in check, I'm speaking from my own experience. it can also be one of the reasons why you hate what you're doing. I used to be doing something I dreamt about doing since I was a child and I hated it anyways because I was so depressed.
all will work out but you have to put work in it. stay strong user.

I would go back to school before it's too late.not Sup Forums related btw ask /adv/ or /biz/

Join the army, go to Africa, kill some islamists, leave with money and fun experiences

I feel owned by him desu. He's taller, bgger than me, used to be a firm boss making big bucks.

If you have the grades apply for something you want to do, simple as.
If you find yourself bored with books don't do nancy shit like nursing, just get a trade, it's highly sought after and it gets you out doing actual work.

Thing is, the first thing I went with was actual medecine school. I failed (2 tries max) and got depressed. I was hardworking before that, then just lost all motivation.

and what hes gonna do, beat you up?
it's get to get out of an influence of a strong personality, but you better do, it's your very fucking life thats at stake here, make no mistake.

He actually beat me up a year and a half ago over this shit, kek.

and you cannot reapply? you can always study abroad if thats the case, many people do that. you can study in any EU country and be able to practice in all of EU, theres plenty of scandinavian med students in polish univerisites for example and cost wouldn't be too high for you.
you also have an option of working in research. work in a lab and develop new techniques, work on pushing the medical knowledge forward. it's not the same thing as working on the frontline, but is just as venerable.
just get an education that matches your intelligence for fucks sake, you won't be happpy if your work is beneath you abilities and potential.

start working out. not joking. if your old man is the type of person that respects strenght, then gain strenght so you wouldn't be pushed by him. earn his respect and he'll be more open to accepting your choices.

Army as medic. If I could only go back to your age...

23 is not even that old to get into college. Maybe I'd study some 3 year degree.

I don't even know what to study, fuck i'm retarded.

Do whatever shit that you like, if there's nothing that you would like to study, you can try any other thing, going to the university is not an obligation in life

plenty of options my dude, you just have to figure out what you want to do.
medicine abroad if you still want to be doctor, theres no shame in that and you're degree from all of EU is the same as if you studied in France
biology/neuroscience if you want to work in research
paramedic you you want to work with medicine but not necessary be a doctor, it's much more interesting than being a nurse and more suited to males
or army medic as German user said, in Poland path of education to civilian paramedic and army medic is the same, maybe same thing in France
even psychology, it has both research and clinical opportunites if that thing interests you
or virtually anything else. you're still very fucking young, I know you don't feel that way, but you are. read a lot and find out what floats your boat.

your degree*
fuck me, sorry, I'm bit drunk

Average age for starting university is like, 26.

Do you like making things or working with your hands? Do you like project work, or tasks that are finished the same day you receive them? Would you like a desk job? Would you like to plan stuff? Do you want to answer to customers/clients? Do you like technology, electricity, chemistry, mechanics, machines, biology or teaching? Do you want to maintain systems and make sure things work and adapt well to changing needs?

yeah, and add biochemistry and biophysics to the medical scientist path, depends on what you are intersted in.
if you're not sure, the broader the better and you narrow your interests while progressing

Won't be there for long, polish medicine education won't be accepted in Norway any more. Even the students there now won't be able to work here, that's the last I read anyway.

>polish medicine education won't be accepted in Norway any more
Yes, it will. However, you have to be fluent in polish (and also finish the degree in Poland IIRC).

thats intersting, can you share any resources on that?
will it apply only to Poland or to other countries as well?
to my knowledge mutual acceptance of degrees, including medical ones, comes from agreements within European Economic Area or European Free Trade Association, not sure which one, but basically a common market of EU plus Norway and Switzerland. not recognizing degrees from Poland would mean that you are withdrawing from it and you wouldn't recognize degrees from all of EU, so separate agreements with each country would have to be signed independently.

Why the language requirement?
Of course, I was speakign of people doing their whole degree in Poland.

Well, the guy above is contesting me. But I was talking to people who were going to study abroad and they lamented that they could not go to Poland, but had to go to Latvia or Bulgaria, I believe.

The issue was a deal where they have to have practical work and they can do this in Norway, after getting degree in Poland. But this deal will stop this year, for some reason, and they will have to do the practical bit in Poland also, and then risk not getting it accepted in Norway.

I only talked to these people, but they all study medicine now, not in Poland, so I don't see any reason it would be bullshit, but maybe I misunderstood.

At 22, after 4 years of NEET, I got into a trade, which led me to a BTS in the industry field.
Now I'm 25, I got a comfy job that's neither too stressful/hard on the body nor boring (Bureau des méthodes), well paid, and I move around the country whenever I please.

If you can't, the Army is the way. Combat is hard, but backlines are awesome if a bit boring. Try to get something in maintenance, once you get back into the civilian life, you'll have money and experience to get out of your shitty life

Nice cope wagecuck

in Polish system after you finish uni you have to undertake 13 month long internship in a hospital before getting full medical license. I was not applying to international students so far, but now I remeber I read something about it changing, so maybe thats what you're taling about.

The thing is that you have to be authorized in the country in which you take the degree. In order to be authorized in Poland, you need to work for a while as an MD and that requires speaking polish fluently. Earlier, you could do the education in Poland, and do the practice in Norway.

Praksisåret må tas i Polen og det krever flytende polsk. Tidligere ble man autorisert etter endt utdanning og for praksis, slik at man kunne jobbe turnus i Norge. Det utgår. Men, dersom man består utdanning og praksis blir man autorisert i Norge også.

dagensmedisin.no/artikler/2016/06/22/frarader-medisinstudier-i-polen/

How much do male nurses make in your country?

How did you muster up the courage to get a BTS after all these years ? Why did you go NEET in the first place ?

I'd be interested to work on engines, or spatial industry, but have no idea where to study for that.

Then we figured it out. But the effect will still be fewer students coming from Norway, even if the education itself will still be accepted.

2000€

Non meme finish whatever the fuck you're doing whether you like it or not. Even if you hate it get it done, just get your degree. Whatever the fcuk you choose to do with your life it will help you later on sooner or later.

And on your dad, work on having a good relationship with him. He shouldn't control your life and you may have to get away from him (under your own means) but it isn't worth it to fight with him or tell him off, thank the man for whatever he's done for you and move on. Do keep in touch, for your own sake not his.

I still have two years and a half to do...

Can't reapply, limited to two tries.

you still have an option of studying abroad.

Don't even think medecine suits me anymore.

I'd probably want to study ASAP and get a jobon the side.

Join a military academy, you time will be full of activities and the exercises will help your depression

lol hikki loser
seriously go learn something you want to be and enjoy

this

>all these jews shilling the army itt

I actually thought about this. Maybe I should leave my comfortable house and go to the NCO school.

lol, this
if anything learn a martial art, fight for yourself.

> hey goy join x modern army so that you can die for israel in the middle east!!

>What would you do if you were a healthy 23 years-old male with no diploma, Sup Forums ?
I am a healthy 24 year old male with no diploma. I am a working man, in a country where 13% of the populace is unemployed, and where at least 40-42% of the people in my age group do not work. Increase that percentage by 1-3%, considering it's not the tourist season. I have four people, at the top of my head, who have a college degree and don't work, living with their parents. All this, while I have a steady, extremely secure job, that, most importantly, I love. I regret not getting a degree, but I have a well enough safety net to worry about it, and I know that even if I went to college, I'd go back to being a carpenter. Maybe a higher position in the same trade

It's not too late to enroll, even if you're 26-27. 30...if you have the drive to do it. I may sound like a tumblr quote, but it's the truth

>every position in the military is a combat role
Ah yes.

>youll be immediadley a commander in the army
nice try leaf

In italy I'd probably kill myself, you don't go anywhere without a degree here

It's the same in France.

>lol just do what you like bro
What if playing vidya(I suck at it so no e-sports for me) and watching tv shows are the only things I like?

Id end it desu
but same except i cant run recent games and im ok at games

find something in the actual world that intersts you you dummy, ie an actual area of knowledge, jewish opium for the masses does not count.

> find something that interests you bro in the real world

23 is young enough to stop being a lazy fuck and finish college.

You will work until 65...unless they raise retirement age (which is very likely). Do you really want to spend almost half a century torturing yourself with shit jobs??

I tried playing guitar, painting and programming, all of those I eventually either got bored or butthurt because I couldn't git gud and dropped it. I also have no idea what interests me, if it wasn't for pc I'd unironically kys because nothing else brings me joy.

Is Carpenter Pay Good?

After a watchmaking bac pro , I worked in Switzerland for about 6 month. Job market is harsh there, and I wasn't feeling confident enough (barely 19), so I went back home.
Turned on my PC and stayed here with the money I earned to help my mum.
After 4 years money ran out so I had to start working again. Applied to pôle emploi, scouted job forums and got into a sheetmetalworker formation.
After that, my tutors recommended to me to do the Bac pro in 1 year, then the BTS, since I had potential. It was all in apprenticeship so I earned enough.

If you're interested in engines/mechanics ,try looking for qualifying diplomas in the aero industry. Basically a Technicien en Maintenance Industrielle, but somewhere in the south near the Airbus factories
onisep.fr/Ressources/Univers-Metier/Metiers/technicien-technicienne-de-maintenance-industrielle
Try applying for adult formations or apprenticeship, then it's all a matter of network and location. The location will make your network, so might have to move. You're 23 tho, so you'll have a lot of government help for it.

If you can't move ,just tell yourself it's a "yet". Even spending 3 years working home,studying and fixing Tractors in Charente will open you more doors than doing dead end jobs. You're in deep shit, but it's not shit thick enough that you can't crawl out of.

what about cigarettes and alcohol?

Do you think it's too late to take up some uni to get a masters in engneering ? I have a bac général right now (ES).

You're 23. It's never too late. Would you be 40, it wouldn't be too late either.
Put yourself in 10 years. You'll only be 33., but you'll have 10 years of experience.
It's easy to underestimate how much you're worth, when you're out of the loop, but fresh out of school 23yo don't have that much of an advantage over fresh, out of school 27yo.
Just try to find an apprenticeship first. They have those for masters. You spend half a month at work and half a month at school. It's a good entry point.
But if you don't find it, and have the means to do a full engineering course at a good engineering school, your age won't matter. You won't be the first one to start "late", and certainly not the last one.
I had a guy that was 40 in my BTS classes, and it went alright for him.

I'll try and do that, thanks a lot.

just wait until your father dies and kys

Out of the question

why?
do you enjoy being in this hell?

No but i'd really like to survive desu

pathethic