>directed by a WHITE male
Dropped

This movie was awful, how is it kino? It was just bland Oscar b8

Fukunaga is half Japanese

youtube.com/watch?v=zEkVj1l6Zcs

pleb

back to your capeshit threads lad

Hotel Rwanda

>The movie is good because muh African child soldiers, muh drug use, muh Africa pandering , etc
>Relationship between the two raped boys is forced as fuck, they desperately needed to spend more time on it
>People think inverting colors is good camera work

Its the most audience pandering movie I've ever seen. It was objetcively shit, it's the kind if movie people just see in Netflix and watch, thinking it's good because they have plebian tastes.

Empire of Dust
Captain Phillips
Lord of War has some Afrikino in it.

Moolaade

Xala
Black Girl
Yeelen
Touki Bouki
Timbuktu
District 9

>he doesnt realize that the forced relationship in the movie is representative of the actual situation in africa in which children who have lost families must create new bonds quickly in order to have some semblance of a family system.

White Material
Sometimes in April

Africa addio

the purest africa kino. it should be on youtube.

Idi Amin Dada, truth/documentary is stranger, funnier, and more terrifying than the Hollywood-ized Last King of Scotland.

This is so childish and pretentious user, embarrassing.

>calling any film that isn't capeshit oscar b8
This film isn't anything close to oscarb8. Hollywood would have never made it without
>introducing white protagonist (eg journalist observing) for the audience to relate to
>shoe-horning a message in that all the conflict was directly because of American corporations (run by white people)
>removing any scenes where Agu kills anyone (to make him more sympathetic)
>removing the scene where he was raped, or else focusing intensely on that as the worst thing in his life instead of just leaving it as another shit thing that happened
>removing anything that makes Elba's character seem human

This is what a war film unhindered by politics, agendas and focus-testing looks like when done right. That the budget was only like $5m makes it even more impressive

Operation Dumbo Drop

>His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular

What did he mean by this?

Planet of the Apes.

Bang bang club.

coming through scrubs

I was expecting it to be Oscar bait but no it's really good you're wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=1JABdS-HN5A

Paradies Liebe, literal afrikino

the gods may be crazy
/thread

I thought direct-to-stream flicks were exempt from Oscar nominations?

>Ctrl+F Zulu
>0 results

Plebs, all of you

Lmao no, it's no representative of anything, the child soldiers are clearly, after a course of their campaigns, supposed to have a close bond and friendship forged through suffering and war. The writers just shoehorned it in where the viewer is just supposed to understand this bond a priori.

It's shit tier writing and Beasts of No Nation is a shit tier Oscar b8 film meant to appeal to normies who don't know shit about African history.

The Wild Geese
Zulu
Zulu Dawn
Khartoum
Casablanca

>Hollywood wouldn't have made this unless it had all these cliches in it

Yes they would, and they just switched out which cliches they used. They unapologetically pandered to the Kony 2012 type of viewers via Netflix

>anything with black people in it is Oscar bait

>No one has mentions Africa Addio

Have no idea why its accused of being racist, their entire message is essentially that black people became racist because of European colonization. I guess urban liberals who have never left their cities are uncomfortable with the concept of biological determinism and actual cultural differences between people beyond what kinds of food you eat.

Women will never understand this

At uni I had a bunch of peacebuilding related minors, many focused heavily on Africa. This movie was kind of up my alley except they really fucked up by making it some sort of general fake African country. There was no power in the story, it was basically 'oh child soldiers are so fucked up' when that is only a small part of why African conflicts are so fucked up and difficult (near impossible) to solve.

It also seemed like making up a country would be easier than actually portraying real, on-going conflicts in Africa. A real cop out, which is a shame because the child actors were pretty decent.

Tsotsi (2005)

Tsotsi

No, this movie is specifically horrible Oscar b8

Fuck all y'all dumbass faggots

just watched the trailer, looks fucking lit thanks

Actual Kino coming through

The latter part of the film is fucking brutal desu, don't watch it with your gf

Is this actually kino? I'm interested if it's just a well made dramatic film about African child soldiers, but not if it gets preachy about muh colonialism or anything like that.

nah they dont really talk about colonislism very much at all in the movie and you only see white people once for like a 10 second scene and the rest is africans.

god forbid these films actually delve into part of the reason why there is so much conflict in Africa

nah it's not. for a very dark subject matter the movie offers nothing to say about the topic. it doesn't even really take a side besides "war is bad!"

one of the most psuedokinos i've seen. it just has some cool directing and that's it. the script is horrible.

So you're saying movies about African conflict should suddenly stop everything and lecture us on the IQ differences between blacks and people of other ethnicities and talk about the higher levels of testosterone, etc.?

>Have no idea why its accused of being racist,
Because it is racist! It's racist against whites, desu. It implies whites were somehow responsible for shit that happened in Zanzibar and elsewhere. Fuck that. Look at those mass graves and the beach scenes, it's Hitler tier genocide, yet nobody speaks of it today.

People still take IQ as a serious measure of the human mind?

low IQ detected

Sahara

poltard completely ignoring the vast conflicts and civil wars fought by whites.

the things you describe don't really have a lot to do with colonialism, unless you mean the "scientific" methods many european nations used to categorize and rank different ethnic groups in their colonies, but they did not do that with IQ tests (didn't exist back then) and they definitely didn't know shit about testosterone either. so you couldn't have possibly meant that

Empire of dust

Where can I find a version with English subtitles?

Show me a low-IQ neurosurgeon or nuclear physicist and I'll maybe start listening to your "IQ is bullshit" credo

I loved it, u r the pleb m8y

AGU CUT DE HEAD LIKE A MELON

Not all geniuses are the same. Some people are genius at things like playing the bongos, for example.

IQ is the single greatest predictor of job performance, among a whole host of other things.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient#Social_correlations

>linking wikipedia
You know why wikipedia is flawed right?

>Attacking the source rather than the argument

Hmm...

Came to post this

Also Metal Gear Solid V

yes

honestly cant think of a single movie where africa isn't portrayed as a war torn shit hole

But I'm attacking the argument by saying your source is inadequate

>I scored 115 on the IQ test but it's fine, I'm much better in other ways and IQ is bullshit anyway

The africa map felt really unfinished and the missions were boring. Its a shame really, there aren't too many good games set in Africa

Wikipedia is just an amalgamation sources, not really a source unto itself. If that's your idea of attacking any argument, it's weak if you're not confronting the cited sources directly.