Spiderman Homecoming

Thoughts? I just saw it and it was alright.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg
dailymotion.com/video/x5s9git
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This reboot is clearly a winner given the box office take so far, further demonstrating diversity is our strength.

Just got in from watching, pretty good. Better than most of the capeshit from the past few years

Pretty good. I was a bit surprised that he was still "learning" with all all the skills he seem to had in civil war. (still afraid of heights, hasn't actually swung from high buildings.)

the Washington monument was built by slaves

>Cowboys & Indians

Actually it's Native Americans

Watched it today and it was pretty good.

Karen is best girl btw.

please...

>no origin story
>no spidey sense
>no quips
>most of the film takes place outside new york
>villain is an arms dealer who points out that so was tony stark, spiderman has no response
>Parker hangs out with genius kids in school, none of whom figure out he is spiderman it takes the baddy one short conversation
> MJ's best lines were in the trailer, also shes a hipster bitch
>all of spidermans stuff, including his own version of Jarvis were made by Stark. Essentially just an ironman clone. Even the web stuff is mostly TS
>way too much of the avengers.

Overall it wasnt too bad, but they've reduced spiderman just to build hype for avengers 3

I felt the film was pretty crap, absolutely zero pacing which seems to be a thing for these marvel movies.

no single good actor, even the villain was ok.

>"Where's my testosterone nigga"

What did he mean by this?

Really pissed me off how she spells out how spiderman is always there when he isn't, and that he claims to know spiderman and shit but doesn't figure it out herself

Is it worth the money to watch in theater or should I just torrent?

Karen is the GREATEST thing about that movie, and the only reason I love his new suit/

Does Effeminate-man prance around like a ballerina throughout the whole movie?

Glad to see they went so far outta their way to find every ethic group on the planet to stick in the movie, so glaring it was distracting.

>wanting the same origin story a third time
Really dude?

Are there Asians?

Best part was Keaton's Vulture, he made the movie work.

Yes of course there's Asians

Yeah Cindy Moon

The Washington monument was built by slaves. Fuck Drumpf. Fuck white people.

>no origin story

Good riddance. His origin has been shown twice already in prior films, what's exactly there to add?

Enjoyed it the whole way through, the after credits Captain America was hilarious, and the jokes in general were either funny or gave us fun scenes. Peter was fun to watch, him learning the suit was fun, having to learn responsibility and the reality of his position as a superhero was nice to see, it was nice to see Peter just being down-to-earth in general, and the best part was it felt like both Spidey and Peter had equal time in the movie. Shocker felt kind of just there, he never really got his time to shine and instead just fumbled around, but Vulture was great the whole way.

That final scene with Aunt May is going to be a great start for the next movie.

>That way the teacher turned to the security guard because he didn't know what to say and the security guard shook his hand like "Kinda"
Had a laugh.

I appreciated the anti-white political agenda. I really appreciate that in my comic book movies.

>brown Flash Thompson that is physically weaker and not as smart as Peter Parker
>random nigger girl with no screen presence as love interest
>nigger MJ is a boy without red hair and nothing like the character
>fat reddit chink hobgoblin, le chair man!! i am le chair man!!
>unsupervised high school party with drinking
>"They're actually called Native Americans." - 4 seconds in to the movie
>I don't want to appreciate something that was built by slaves. (america freed the slaves and has interrupted slave trades world wide.)
>no mentioning of ben parker whatsoever
>Aunt May is hot meme 5 times throughout the film. why? What did it add to the movie?
>Spider-man, featuring no spider senses, struggling to climb walls, a talking robot voice to quip in between his quips, and he has to concoct his own web fluid????

Can anyone defend this film?

I liked the blatant red flag anti-white sentiments that people trying to overlook can't argue against.

Cringe

Cringe.

Also wondering this.

The best villain in the MCU

those are grand lips she has

Cringe

Holy shit, minorities in Queens? Stop the fucking presses

Holy shit, strict, forced diversity quotas in a white majority country? Cover it up.

Aside from the glaring DIVERSITY shit I enjoyed it. There were some things here and there that bothered me. No spidersense, he struggled to climb the monument, he doesn't consider just outrunning the weapons van to catch up to it (which he should easily be able to do), but it was mostly great.

Best villain in the MCU so far. Iron Man wasn't as prevalent as I was fearing he'd be and was used mostly appropriately. There were some emotionally heavy moments in it as well, especially the crushed scene. Of course that had the cringey triple introspection trope thrown in for no good reason (half mask, "who am I" self reflection in a pool of muddy water, and replaying words of wisdom from earlier in the movie in his head, seriously what the fuck), but you're still left there realizing that Pete is just a fucking kid and he's incredible.

Worth watching.

>being childless and watching movies specifically made for children
Enjoy your retardation.

Best part of the movie was the diversity of the cast. Zendaya as MJ is pretty cool too.

okay, I just got back from the movie.

Explain me one thing.

SPOILER ALERT
Why does he have a device to shoot webs? I thought he shoot webs through his hands/wrists or something.
I could assume the device was something to help him aim properly, but then the fat kid used it and shoot also a web.

Anyone care to explain this one?

Spider-man has always used Mechanical Web shooters. The organic webbing was something made up by Raimi because he thought it would have been unrealistic for a teenager to make functioning web shooters.

He was a pretty awesome spider man, too kid like as peter though. But not bad, just not perfect. Lots of spiderman doing spiderman stuff, so it wasnt boring. Bad guy was pretty decent, actor who played him was good.

The lamest part about the movie is how the spider suit is essentially an iron man suit. With a computer that talks to him and has cameras and microphones to serve as his spidersenses. Its sucks.

But id reccomend it i guess. Its a fun time.

those characters aren't minorities tho

Where does the web come from?
So basically, without the suit and mechanical web shooters, he's just a guy that's very agile, strong and tough to physical damage?

He's no Ego, but he's breddy gud.

I liked how he was Liz's father and that made peter struggle. Was a nice turn of events.

But as a villain I was expecting someone stronger and more evil. This guy was basically trying to take care of his family.

He creates the webbing himself.
It adds tension in a fight whenever he runs out of it.

And can climb walls anf heightened senses

Does this spiderman have super strength or is he able to climb walls on his own?

As in, was he ever bitten by a spider?

he its mentioned in the movie explicitly

yes. He tells Ned that it bit him and died.
also, based Ned.

Yes, forgot about that.

Hmm I see. I'm kinda disappointed. I really believed he created the web organically.
I'm not a comic book reader.

He can still climb walls and has super strength but even in the comics he uses web shooters. I liked raimi's version better

I loved it. My only gripe, and this will be shared by nobody, is that kids years down the line will have MCU marathons and have no context as to how this guy can do what he does. I'm just a teeeensy bit upset they didn't do it Incredible Hulk style with the origin packed into the opening credits. That also tells kids "here it is, idiots, the shit you should've already known".

Because this is finally the definitive MCU Spider-Man and he doesn't even have an origin.

the old "Ultimate" Spider-Man comics gave him organic webs once.
but they turned him into a literal spider. shit was whacked.

A canonical origin.

absolute qt

she looks so old and ugly now

stfu you idiot virgin she is 52 and looks fantastic

agreed

>First half: full of garbage for reddit and teenagers
>second half: very good

That was the main universe Spider-Man, actually, but they reversed it after One More Day happened. We don't talk about One More Day.

This took me entirely too long.

How much anti white propaganda did it try to brainwash kids with?

one thing I liked was showing how Spider-Man had to adjust when he didn't have the buildings in Manhattan to swing off

Terrible Spider-Man movie, give me any of the Toby ones instead:

>blackwashing characters
>shitty costume designs (except the last one)
>muh diversity everywhere
>painfully unfunny jokes
>no chemistry between any of the actors
>dragged out story
>peter acting like a whiny bitch

That said, Michael Keaton and the Vulture costume is probably the only good thing about the movie.

The drive to homecoming was the best scene in the movie.

he can make web but it comes out his butt

he uses web shooters so it isn't gross

>>no origin story
>>no spidey sense
>>no quips
>>most of the film takes place outside new york
>>villain is an arms dealer who points out that so was tony stark, spiderman has no response

These things weren't bad though.

I doubt we will ever get a spiderman movie as good as the originals, especially with all this MCU shit and avengers pandering weighing it down.

I feel like pretty much all your points are valid, yet I still found this to be my favorite of these Marvel movies in years. It was nice to have an actual decent villain for once.

>blackwashing characters
Yes.

>shitty costume designs (except the last one)
No and you faggots always get so hung up on hero costumes which is retarded.

>muh diversity everywhere
No it makes sense for the location and the type of school.

>painfully unfunny jokes
No.

>>no chemistry between any of the actors
No, Peter had great chemistry with Ned.

>dragged out story
No, this one is a little idiotic. If you didn't want to be there, don't go.

>peter acting like a whiny bitch
He's a literal child and half the adults in the film are wrong, including his mentor.

someone put a bleach bottle in the trash, does that count?

Yeah, not showing his origin makes sense now, when everyone's seen the original or ASM, but away from that context, it doesn't make as much sense.

i want to racemix with girl on the far right?
is something wrong with me?

Vulture and Peter are both interested in black girls.
A black girl says her friends call her MJ.
Same girl says she's not interested in visiting the Washington Monument since it was built by slaves.
Some dummy corrects the Vulture by saying Native Americans when he says Indians.

Those are the only racial things in the film.

Also to be fair that indians/native americans thing made sense in context. The vulture was talking about how things are changing from when he was a kid. When he was a kid they were called indians, and now they're called native americans.

I guess you're right but it was a bit clumsy. Nobody ever played "Professional Farmhands and Native Americans".

>america freed the slaves
hahahahaha this is like saying I deserve praise for having stabbed you with a knife and then pulling it out

Ok but fuck you, Ned is great.

It was okay. Not good but not bad either.

ooh dats going on facebook

This alone makes him the best villian so far.

His motives are noble and you can't hate him. He even has the mercy to spare spiderman in return for not continuing his pursuit .

A nice change from the "le ebul villian cuz he's ebul"

You don't know much about the history of slavery, huh? Question: who has enslaved the most people in history?

The facts about slavery in North America:

>youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg

>dailymotion.com/video/x5s9git

Just because the politics of the left currently work to portray whites as the devil, it doesn't make their agenda of race politics true.

I don't get why people are raving about this

anyone else think vulture was going to die and then Liz would be the villain in sequel? Throwback to green goblin and the Osbournes

Jewish Americans are still Americans, you absolute dumbfuck.

When you condense the names on that list its a handful of people that own multiple ships. And its not even like that is a accurate representation of how many ships were used

>A black girl says her friends call her MJ.

really?

honestly, this character really ruined it for me

well that clears it

I liked it.

Admittedly it was based on my highschool, I look like the Main Character, was in the triva team / debate team, had a fat Asian best friend.

I just projected tbhq

Dude, the Spider Sense is how he knows shit is coming from behind and how he dodges everything. Don't Flanderize that power or he'll be invincible like Wolverine.