What were Geoff John's original plans for the flash had flashpoint not piss ed it all away?

What were Geoff John's original plans for the flash had flashpoint not piss ed it all away?

A Speed Force book, also Brightest Day implied a bunch of Reverse Flashes was responsible for all the changes in Flashpoint, not Barry, probably leading to the aforementioned "Flash Corps" book.

It was really early on, I think the most obvious points were

>Zoom corps war vs Kadabra
>Wally's son being tempted by evil (maybe becoming the new Turtle)
>some Boomerang/Zooms shit (my theory is that his son would have been brought back but I never see anyone else bring it up)

> This will never happen

Bart was supposed to get a book too I think.

>had flashpoint not piss ed it all away?

Flashpoint itself was part of those plans. The New 52 reboot that it led to was not, and everything in the DC Universe was initially supposed to go back to normal after Flashpoint (like what happened with Marvel's X-books after Age of Apocalypse) until editorial decided that 2011 was a good year to reboot everything.

People forget that the old Mirror Master's mirror is what made Barry crazy enough to try uncontrolled time travel in the first place. Maybe he was going to be working with the Reverse Flashes all along but I think that seed was meant to be important.

>At DC’s retailer roadshow at Orlando yesterday, the assembled crowd were told a story about the original plans for the 2011 Flashpoint event from DC Comics.

The event from 2011 saw the DC Universe reality change, Age Of Apocalypse style, and the DC books replaced by twisted parallel dimensional versions, before the New 52 relaunch that soft rebooted DC continuity.

Originally, Flashpoint was supposed to do what Convergence is doing now, becoming a holding place, a band aid, for books during the originally planned move of DC Comics from New York to Burbank, which was then delayed until 2015. At the end of Flashpoint, the books were originally going to continue as normal without the reboot, and Multiversity was intended to be born from Final Crisis.

But obviously, things change. But they told the crowd that Convergence is the culmination of everything DC has had planned and on the table from the New York era.

And DC will be reborn in Burbank. Source BC

Yeah but while Flashpoint was a part of his plans, it was brought in too early and supposed to be the blackest night if the flash books, the big story built up by other stories in the series.
So yes, flashpoint did piss it away.

I thought Flashpoint was supposed to be the Sinestro Corps War of his run

Sauce on the zoom Corp/ multiple zooms flashpoint idea? That sounds so fucking out there I find it hard to believe

If you look at the extra stuff in the flash rebirth hardcover, there is a pitch by Johns about his barry run, and there was a lot omitted, and the final part of the pitch said all of the stuff in his run leads to flashpoint.

It was teased multiple times, once here

Another hint in Brightest Day and flash Rebirth.

Brightest Day one

The real question is will we ever get in depth details about what Johns had originally planned?

Probably not, he might try to recycle some of it now that a lot of the speedsters are and/or will be back when all is said and done.

I believe there was speculation that Johns was going down the path of creating a second speed force for Thawne. Rebirth really hinted that Thawne was corrupting Barry's speed force with his own - as if there was an equal or opposite reaction to Barry's positive speed force. That's where the Zoom Corp probably would've come from.

We may get a recycling of his original flash plans when and if he ever writes the flash title again. It's what he does. I'm curious about what the zoom Corp would have been. Would it have been "IT WAS USSSSSS, BARRY": the team or naw?

ISn't there one more Zoom Corps one?

It was in the Flash rebirth, where zolomon spoke to Thawn in prison

Probably but I don't have it

I think it was from a Flashpoint preview of some sort? Might have been FCBD

So why exactly did geoff scrap all his flash plans and run straight into flashpoint? What was the urgency?

It was a corporate decision to reboot the majority of the line.

My theory is that he had a choice of which franchise he could save and keep working on and simply chose GL over Flash.