Who is your favorite female director

Who is your favorite female director

/thread

Penny marshall

I have seen two movies of Mary Harron's. Good.

The Wachowski sisters

Joanna Angel

How can females be good directors? How can you take orders on set from someone so cute and smoll?

I guess Kathryn Bigelow. I've liked other female directed films better than hers, but overall, she has the best track record for me.

That's because you are a pleb shit

>females
>good at anything artistic
AHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Point Break 5? The Hurt Locker 8? baka

I like Sofia Coppola, even her bad movies like Somewhere are enjoyable enough.

Gia is better.

Plus 1 for Katheryn Biguylow

Reported to President Trump for hate speech

Hershlag is cute
CUTE

Jeanne Dielman is my favourite film

Jane Campion

The Piano is very comfy even though it shouldn't be really

She's easily the best female filmmaker

the only female filmmaker imo whose films could never be made or made better by a male filmmaker

Cleo from 5 to 7 is probably one of the very few films that I think men 'could never really understand'

How many female directors are Jewish ?
Is the percentage higher than among male directors?

3 posted ITT including Joanna Angel

I don't have "favorites" but I have been endeared by the work of Kelly Reichardt.

One more for KB

She had an amazing body of work.

Meeks Cutoff is probably the best Western film made in the last decade

Probably the only great female director.
I can name a lot of female directors that made one or two good/great movies, but she's the only one that could be mentioned along with the greats (of course not top 10 or top 50, but you get the point)

Why hasnt no woman one topped her yet?

the wachowski sisters

lost in translation woman, but she only had that one film. shame she never got her award, but the hurt locker girl did for first female director. not that hurt locker wasnt great

>30 replies
>ctrl+f "Kathryn Bigelow"
>1 result found
>29 replies aren't Kathryn Bigelow

>be an OR nurse
>after assisting in 20 surgeries think I have what it takes to lead an open heart surgery
Why do actors get a pass on directing a film when they've received no formal training? is it ((((((them))))))) and their nepotism?

>telling people how to play pretend is the same as performing technical life saving surgery