True Blood Ending

In light of True Blood being on the mind with the passing of Lafayette I want to discuss the ending to the show. I'm not using many spoiler tags so if you haven't seen it you have been warned.

So at the the very end after they had taken down all antagonists and had cure for HEP-V bill comes to Sookie and refuses to take it. Sookie is upset by this and asks why so he explains to her that as long as he lives she will be in danger. Ok.
He then comes on to say that because of her light more vamps will find her and continue to put her in danger so he wants her to use the last of it to eradicate him as well as drain all of her power thereby leaving her safer and more likely to live a normal life.
Then once he is in the coffin she refuses to use her light and instead stakes him. Thereby entirely rendering his sacrifice in fucking vain. If he just wanted to die he could have sunned himself or let the illness take him.
No he wanted to make her safe by having her kill him with the last of the vamp bait inside her and by killing him with a stake and keeping the power she made him death completely meaningless.

Also while we are on the subject. Sookie not becoming a half fairy half vampire with infinite light, infinite life, the ability to walk in the sun and still eat regular food. Basically having all the benefits of being a vamp/fairy/and human with ZERO downsides. Was the absolutely stupidest thing I have ever seen. She might as well have found a billion dollars in her basement and burned it so she could live a normal life.

I hate her.

should've stopped at like season 5 and not done season 2

3 & 4 were good if I remember correctly

they jumped the billith

The show was glorious until they introduced every other kind of magic creature...werewolves, witches, FUCKING fairies...it was awful. If they'd stayed with humans and vampires and the conflict between them and their parallel institutions it would have been so much better. Of course the literal homosexual faggots in Hollywood had to get a hold of it and make it one giant gay allegory.

Oh god the witch season was the absolute worst.

it started as a giant gay allegory. alan ball was writing, after all.

>The show was glorious
I don't know how much more blatant reddit can be

Well we always had Sam who was a shapeshifter so werewolves were not too much a stretch and I liked how they related to vampires in Season 3. Basically the show should have stayed about vampires. The fairies were the worst though, every time they went into some alternate dimension crap it was so bad and felt so out of place.

And the worst part was it never went anywhere. It was entirely pointless.

This show had the amazing ability to create interesting ideas or cliff hangers and resolve them in the least interesting way or forgot about them
>Supernatural creatures exist because people believed in them so much they eventually became them
I liked it but then vampires just came from Lilith and nobody brought up the idea again
>There is an ongoing conflict between the feudal king and queen vampires and the Authority
Dropped completely after season 3-4
>Bill and Eric are on the run and literally say fuck the authority too
Get captured next episode and are stuck there the entire season
>Lilith was retarded and stupid but Bill being some sort of crazy invincible evil vampire god that might bring about the end of the world sounded good
He isnt actually evil he just wiped out the authority and calmed down after that but was kind of a dick
>The whole human vampire war that had been building up with the vampires even killing an army general
Just led to some crazy governor who somehow had the power to establish death camps only to be killed

The most important thing they did was provide an excuse for a time skip
Which they later just did normally anyways. Its like they were determined to ruin everything they ever did.

What still annoys me about the show is how they acted like the anti vampire people were just some type of bigot, when every vampire is a legit murdering rapist who is unapologetic about it. The good vampires are the ones who dont go into religious fundamentalism and think humanity should be farmed like cattle.
Anyone remember the cringe anti supernatural killers that wore Obama mask for symbolism or something?

Remember when they shot a rocket launcher at the witches' coven? god that was stupid

Not only that but both Eric and Bill were willing to die to save Sookie
Bill I get but fucking Eric? If he had no memory still sure, or at the very least it could have been part of him being ridiculous competitive and wanting to out do Bill. But it was genuine. At the least the rocket launcher ended that stupid scene.

Season 7 was such a mess

Marnie Stonebrook

DID
NOTHING
WRONG

She makes a great slappable bitch face.

This season shit the bed in the second half when they made her start hurting/getting humans killed. It was obvious she was in the right about vampire but the show is centers around them so she had to become the "bad guy". They've done the same type of plotline all the way to the final season. Shit was painfully predictable.

VAMPIRES GOOOD
HUMANS BAAAD

It could have been so much better if they could have a coherent world built

When fucking izombie handles the nuances of a human supernatural creature conflict better writers should know they fucked up.The biggest flaw in my view is each antagonist stopped being a threat, only character retardation made them an issue.

>Kind, reserved, abused, nerdy, peaceful old lady gets pushed too far and tries to save the human world from literal vampires after being assaulted by one herself in her own home and after watching a woman get raped and burned to death by them.
>Is unironically presented as the villain for no other reason than because the plot demands it.

At least it was explicitly shown that she went to heaven and that the vampires wouldn't.

Let's not forget the myriad of plotholes like pic related.

>be completely engulfed in fire
>doesn't die even though he should have

Okay writers

Well him and Ed spent a fuck load of time tied together in sunlight.
Vamps don't just auto die in sunlight, unless they are as old as that Godric guy.

Yeah like the other guy said it's pretty common in vamp fiction that the older the vampire the easier the sun kills them (but nothing else) and even though Eric is pretty up there I'm sure he still had time to "take to earth".
Probably just buried himself in the snow several feet.

Ed was pretty up there too and he was way older than Eric, I wonder what the age limit is.

Yeah Ed was super Old. But to be fair I think the writers just sugar coated Godric's disintegration to make it somber instead of brutal.

I also want to ammend hat I said about the sunlight thing to add that in Anne Rice books it works the other way. The more powerful the vampire the more likely to survive sunlight.
There is a scene in one of the books where Lestat attempts to suicide by flying as high as he could and then free falling into the saharan desert so his bones are so broken he can't escape the sun. He ends up dragging himself from the dunes fully healed with a tan.

>Vampires are symbolic of gays
>Amoral, inherently dangerous, reproduce through violating and converting others, have their own degenerate society

Hmm...

>Unable to reproduce naturally
>Everything they touch gets corrupted and dies

What did they mean by this?

I like it better when the sun is more dangerous the older they are
It just seems to add a degree of fairness to older vampires. I also think Godric's disintegration was sped up because he wanted to die and it was a really good scene.
What bothers me is that vampires in true blood have all these rules and weaknesses that could have interesting explanations but they never explore. Lilith doesnt need permission to enter but a supernatural force shoves every other vampire out. Also stakes dont work on Lilith. I also assumed before vampires were created by witches with limitations but Lilith confuses all that.

i miss the show
i liked how they introduced stronger vampires

jesus christ True blood was still on all this fucking time??

No it ended years ago. An actor from the show died today

Good points. Or like the scene that was mentioned with Eric where once the blood was burned up he lost his sun protection. Which suggests some kind of magical link. But the fact that glamour turned out to be some sort of optical wave length thing that could be stopped with special contact lenses shows that vampires could be studied and quantified in a way.
Which makes me think his blood link wasn't magical but maybe linked in a sort of "quantum entanglement" fashion.

In most lore doesn't the original vamp not get any weaknesses but all the strengths?
The limitations come later, with the dilution of their blood.

I dislike how every recurring character had to suddenly become some mythical creature

>fairy
ok makes, sense, gives the MC some sort of power and plays into the vamps lusting after her

>werewolves
goes along with vampires, but still pushing it

>wereanimals
should've never happened, this is when the series goes down hill

Did they kill that nigger faggot to sell more True Blood Blu-rays?

I actually forgot about that stuff with the glamour. It wouldve been really interesting to explore a science versus magic element to vampire powers. Instead it was more important to have Terry be hunted by an Iraqi fire demon and Jessica be seduced by some random vampire who turned out to be gay

I dont know much about vampire lore but the losing permission to enter homes is ridiculous specific and comes with a supernatural wind forcing you out of a home. It doesnt seem like a dilution