ITT: Con Stories

ITT: Con Stories

In honor of SDCC, post con stories. Funny, sad, interesting, memorable, whatever: just post a con story or picture you want to share. Doesn't matter when and which con.

>Dragoncon 2014
>not in cosplay (I never am), but friends are
>standing in line for something I see some girl staring
>after a few minutes she comes over and asks for a cosplay picture
>I move over so she can shoot my friends
>she looks at me weird as I walk away
>"I want your picture"
>wat
>take a picture with her
>"wow, you're the best "modern urban vampire" cosplayer I've ever seen
>friends start laughing

They often call me "the vampire" or Edward, although that hasn't happened in a while because I have extremely tall and sharp canine teeth. I still can't believe the girl noticed from so many feet away.

Did you suck her blood?

You fucking sperg did you get her number?

>my first SDCC in 2012
>guy audibly masturbating in a bathroom stall

She was checking you out and noticed your teeth and tried to get your attention, user.

Is this a cosplay thread?

Fuck yes.
Although I have no cosplays.

Anybody wanna share some and some cool stories?

Muh dick.

I once saw a really sick cosplay of some guy and his kid as Master Blaster.

Do people still hate Nigri?

Only as a VA I guess, why?

what do fake breasts feel like?

bags of fake sand?

Fuck that, I want a Con hookup stories thread.

Nigri used to be considered the epitome of bad taste. There were even infographics about her hairline circulating.

I once fucked a 40+ Wonder Woman who insisted on me calling her "mommy Diana".

I was 18 and it was amazing

I didn't know.
Started using the board like a week ago.

Is it alright if I'm not the person that that got laid at the end of the day?

Why are you posting? Jesus Christ.
You are suppose to lurk for at least 3 months.

I figured if I just talk about comics 'n' shit nobody would notice.

Yes.

Why are all Asami cosplayers so fucking hot.

even her actress is

details, mang

lurk moar

Alright.

Best recount I can give.
>Go to a local con with a friend. We'll call him Broseph
>He doesn't get out much and is socially awkward.
>After not doing anything for the first ten minuetes I drag him over to where the cosplayers are.
>Take some pictures with cosplayers.
>Had one guy dressed as the Saint of Killers.
>Spider-Man too.
>Then we had some girl that followed us through the rest of the day. We'll call her qt.
>Just kinda joined us and it was good to see my friend having conversations with other people.
>Notice she's giving Broseph some looks and some nice compliments.
>Wingman.exe
>Broseph asks if we brought any food, we didn't but qt points to the cafe.
>Ask waht they want.
>Give them some time to chat alone while the line begins to move.
>Nearly an hour before I come back with the food.
>Qt has moved closer and Broseph oblivious. Seemingly.
>Eat the food but spill my drink, in the direction of qt.
>Little scream and she's practically sitting on Broseph lap. Would be again if everything went somoothly.
>Broseph and qt go to get towels from staff.
>Broseph gets back first and asks what I'm even doing.
>Tell him that she likes him. Ask if he'll play along.
>"What do I do?"
>Give him the battle plan.
>Broseph just looks at me with the "why" expression.
>Girl comes back and we leave only a little bit of damp and a wet floor sign.
>Day moves quick from here with a couple of pictures, neat frames, paintings and some guy running around as Jesus.
>Time to go home and I say that we'll drop her off at her hotel.
>Start walking when I get a phone call (sent my brother a text telling him to call me round about this time).
>"Sorry I gotta go, he'll take you the rest of the way."
>"That's fine user, have a safe trip."

The next morning I got a text saying that the night went very well. She was staying in town for a day extra and the way he tells it neither of them left the room till late the next day.

Because Asami is hot, you pleb.

You're a good bro.

For him.

You're good people user.

>be at the Nick panel
>compliment chick who's in line
>dressed as a thicc chun-li
>says sure
>she lays her arm around me
>ask another attendee to take a pic
>*boner achieved
>we chat it up for quite a while
>ask to see what she's up to later...
>later her random boyfriend and comes to steal her

Why is it so hard to bang chicks at these things?

You need a bro user.

Go to Dragoncon.

Had 3 of them

1 is still sleeping and the other 2 left to eat

>be at local con
>not really into cosplay
>throw on a goonies shirt
>meet up with my friend
>He is dressed in a maid's outfit cause why not
>he walks around in dress all day
>not a single person comes up to entire time
>meanwhile on my end 10-15 girls come up to me about my shirt, saying they love it
now I don't think I am a real looker but man cons can boost your ego sometimes when you look semi-normal

I know a lot of people that would be all over your maid freind.

As do I, he is shota size too

I know a disturning nimber of people that would be all over your friend user.

I went to one Comic-Con (Mtl 2014) and I was extremely shy and socially awkward in public at the time. I got gradually better by getting more /fit/ tough. Anyway.

First story : How I met Hulk Hogan or how I learned Comic-Con isn't about comics
> Want to meet Yannick Paquette so he could sign my Swamp Thing trade
> Get lost
> End up in celebrity alley (catch a glimpse of my husbando Karl Urban but decides against meeting him)
> Cannot find my artist so I ask a security guard who's standing two meters away from Hulk Hogan's booth
> ''Who's dat?''
> ''An artist.''
> ''An artist? Like a comic book artist?''
> ''Y-yeah.''
> ''He's probably all the waaaaaaay to the back. With the other artists.''
> ''Oka-''
> ''You don't want to meet Hulk Hogan?''
> ''What? N-no..''
> ''But he's right there.''
> ''But I want to meet the other guy.''
> ''But Hogan's just there. He's a legend.''
> ''Y-yeah but I d-don't c-care about Hulk Hogan...''
And then I left before he could say anything. I was scared that Hogan, who was just calmly signing shit, had heard me and would have chased me down and break my spine in front of everyone. It would have been embarrassing because I would have probably piss myself and I stopped doing that a few years ago.

Goddamn user.
We doing cringe stories now?

Yes.

Second story
> Got lost again
> Browse some comic book display, mindlessly looking at trades
> Grab a Miracle Man book and flip trough it
> ''It's 20$.''
> Oh god the vendor actually thinks I'm going to buy it.
> He just looks at me with a little smile.
> Think to myself that it would be too impolite to simply give him back the book and walk away.
> Have to think of an excuse to leave.
> ''IS... IS IT THE RECOLOR VERSION?''
> I'm not kidding, the guy actually looked he was panicking for a minute
> Might be because of my autism
> ''Y-yes?''
> ''OH. OKAY THANKS.''
> Give him back the book and walk away.

Like I said earlier : I got much better with social interactions with times.

Golden user.

Having been to a few cons, I highly recommend that you NEVER EVER interact with a vendor, or even tabling artist, unless you're there to see them specifically.

The desperation and expectation that you buy something kicks in immediately and it's horribly awkward. They have nothing to do but stare at you or try to talk you into buying something.

Fuck I got too many stories

I guess I'll do the one that got back at my ex

>anime matsuri run into friend it's her first con ever
> ask how she's doing and who's she with
>she is by herself and she's like a 9/10 she was underage so I never asked her out ever let's call her sis for now
>no friends no boyfriend they just dropped her off by herself
>told sis to stay by my side so she can be safe and enjoy con
>enjoy time together checking everything out go to artist alley
>find exgirlfiend has a table in artist alley
>when we broke up it was pretty fucking rough
>she's selling scarves decide to buy a scarf from her tell her have a nice day
>end of day tell sis to have a nice night when her dad pick a her up
>a day later another friend comes running at me
>dude I heard from your ex that you have a new hot girlfriend and I wanted to see her myself
>tell her that she could only come the one day
>felt good knowing I got back at my ex in the end like that

FanimeCon this year ended up being the final straw in an already-streesed 10 year friendship.

I went with 4 other people, but the relevant ones we'll call D and A.

D's "costume" was a business suit with a HYDRA pin. He would say "Hail HYDRA" about 6 times an hour, and kept making shit jokes like:
>I could play that [piano over there in the lobby], and if they teied to stop me I'd just show them my pin. They'd be like, "Whelp, nothing we can do. He's HYDRA."

One of the events at the con was a black and white ball. There was one girl that we had been hanging with that D was clearly trying to win over, but his approach of showing her pictures of the antique gun he bought, or explaining that he played a Nazi in WWII re-enactments ("Most people want to be the Allies, but not me.") wasn't working.

She ended up asking A to the ball. For the rest of the day, D became a passive-aggressive shit towards A.

After the ball, we saw A getting confronted by a young man. It turns out that he was the girl's brother, and that the girl was 15 years old. After A managed to explain that he didn't know and things cooled off, D gave this tension-breaker.

>Right now I really wish I had my gun, so that I coukd be like Deadpool and go *mimics sniffing gun barrel deeply* "I'm touching myself tonight."

When we didn't laugh and instead gave him looks of disgust (and one of us just said "No."), D said "Thanks for having my back, guys." and stormed off.

He would later claim that he couldn't afford to pay his share of the hotel room, because he had spent all his money on that antique gun.

Later, I would find out that the girl being 15 wouldn't have stopped D, because a few years back he dated a 13 year-old. We're 27.

Needless to say, we're not friends anymore.

Since you put up with him for so long, I assume there must be something wrong with you too.

D sounds like a dick.
Good riddance and finda a better friend.

Combination of me having no friends made after high school (so I'm desperate), and feeling bad for the guy.

Jesus, geek's social lives are pathetic.

I have a pretty nice story. I'm a huge fan of the Top (I know, I know, but every character has fans), and the first time that I cosplayed as him a much older gentleman came up to me and reminisced about reading the Top's first appearances in the 1960s. He even remembered the issue numbers -- he was off by one issue on one story, but that was a long fucking time ago and I'm really impressed he still knows it. I got a huge kick out of that.

This reminds of the older brother of one of my friends in high school. The brother was in the same year as us, but everybody basically pretended the didn't exist and refused to talk to him. Occasionally I'd give him some attention when I'd see him sit alone during lunch, but I always remembered why nobody wanted to have anything to do with him within 10 minutes. He was just like your friend D.

>tfw I was that brother

> in line for Dean Venture's autograph
> some girl is in front of me with some Yu Gi Oh or something for him to sign
> forget if she was cosplaying, but kinda qt
> guess we talked a bit
> a Jack Sparrow walks by and she geeks out and asks for a pic
> says she loves Depp
> mention I saw an Edward Scissorhands earlier, that Depp cosplay is popular at anime cons
> say I'd love to go as him as Hunter from Fear & Loathing
> she has no idea what I'm talking about
> realize she's probably all of 16 and not allowed to see his R Rated movies
> feel I am really getting too old for this shit

> be in your 20s
> date a 13 year old
Ew. How the fuck does that even work? Where the fuck were her parents? I can't even imagine dating a 16 year old at that age.

this is 99% of any chick i want to get with and their BF is like no better looking than i am and im a 6/10 at best. all i do now is take pics with all the chicks with the biggest tits, should just make it into a YT channel like that guy who was like 40+ and would chat it up with cosplay hotties

this. beforehand, go on craigslist, you will find a SHIT TON of sex party listings. dragoncon is a con that is just sex at night, all night.

you also find pure gold shit like this

To balance out the thread how about a feelgood story?

>Be me.
>Bring little brother to a convention because a dog just nearly tore out his eye and he has to hear an eye patch.
>Get some old camo clothes and dress him up a Big Boss.
>He was around twelve at the time while I was just sixteen that year.
>I go as the best Shredder I could.
>Which was shit.
>Wait in line and he's kinda nervous. Thinks people are staring at him.
>Say that they will be, because he looks fucking badass.
>Smiles but goes back to his nervous expression not even half a second later.
>After we get inside I spot a box and some guys dressed up as guards.
>Have an idea.
>Dash up-to the two guys and ask if they can help with something.
>They say sure and notice that my little brother is dessed as Big Boss.
>I point to the box.
>About ten minutes later I'm filming the best I can as my little brother pretends to be Big Boss sneaking around.
>He's having so much fun and smiling for the first time in a month.
>Lunchtime rolls around and we thank the two guys for doing that.
>Grab something to eat and then just enjoy the boothes.
>About two hours later we walk into the main hall where there is music playing and people dancing.
>Proceed to show myself up with my lack of dancing ability while my little brother had been taking dance classes and blew me out of the water.
>Little show off.
>A few minutes later my little brother is dancing with somebody dressed as The Boss.
>With the Shredder mask covering my face most people assume that he's my son.
>Some people say that I should've been Big Boss and he should have been Solid Snake.
>Some of the single ladies flirt with me.
>After the dance little brother manages to get a kiss from The Boss cosplayer before running up to me.
>It was about time to go but he was smiling again.
>On the bus ride home he fell fast asleep.

Feel better anons?

I was talking to a 16 year old who mentioned she was dating a 26 year old.

should have gotten her name and told the cops

for the lulz

I actually know who both of them are. Don't want to get the cops involved for uh, reasons.

You. You are Bronan the Anonybarian.

Carry on, good sir. I'm sorry I don't have a better pic, but this one's probably pretty accurate for what went down.

There are more stories involving Broseph.
But this is one of three that involve conventions.
Also the only one that involved Comic Con.

Do anything slightly weird at a con and people will think it's from something or some kind of costume and people will want to take a picture of/with you.

I was at Dragon Con one year, and put a friend on my shoulders just for the hell of it. We're both pretty tall, but despite just doofing around a half a dozen people had asked for pictures within five minutes. We ended up getting a really big sheet to use as a robe and he put on a gas mask and pretended it was a costume. I can't imagine how difficult it must get for people who actually dress up.

That's actually legal in most places.
Kinda weird, but nothing the cops can do.

but im sure statutory rape isn't legal at all

Even in most states in Freedomland, 16 is legal.

Except according to user, she was 16.
There are places where the age of consent is higher than that, but in most of the world, she'd be legal.

As someone who has never gone, and with no friends interested in cons, what are they like? And how different are the various cons?

I was thinking about going to one last year, but college and visiting parents got in the way.

Because if you aren't you can't possibly pull it off well.

Not most states. The more populous ones like California and Florida are 18+.

Hah, nice

I was trying to be quiet....

Depends where you are user.

Most of the time they're sweaty places that are kinda boring if you aren't social.
Otherwise they're great for chilling with people from all over the show and seeing an average of 7/10 qts.

Also you might get lucky and find some cool variants for dirt cheap.

You see user I would but ain't nobody hooking up with the short beta static shock

I wish I could go to Sup Forums once, without posting the age_of_consent map.

I hereby declared you Tobe WingMan. You have the power to be a bro and get others laid

If you want to go to a panel it's alot of waiting in line for something popular, but you can go to smaller ones and usually interact with the panelists in a big way. Tracy Hickman did a panel I was at once where the audience was invited up to do a bunch of games and improv, and there was a Magic one where I got to discuss game mechanics with Richard Garfield for awhile. There are parties and contests and concerts that're fun too. Film festivals sometimes.

Most of the merch is overpriced dreck, but vendors who sell heavily discounted items can be cool, and there's probably something really specific to suit you.

The people are okay, and range from super cool, to old people who've inexplicably wandered in and lardbeasts on their scootie puffs. You'll probably make a few new friends you run into or hang out with several times.

Not really worth it to go alone, though. Find some people to bring.

>no key

Blue is 16

Usually I just take a card as compensation. I've got a huge stack of artist business cards from cons. I usually look through them after the con and decide which ones to actually follow on social media

Most states =\= Most people.

user is a good bro

>at PAX East
>in my sick Venom Snake cosplay
>fat chick runs up to me
>"Boss! Revolver Ocelot is so much hotter than you!"
>fat chick runs off

Like...what the fuck was that? Is that what passes for polite human interaction these days?

If you go as Venom Snake it is.
Unless you have Quiet with you.

Because holy then you can just have her deal out sick headshots.

As fun as cosplaying at cons seems, I don't think I could take all the people running up to me and acting as if I were that character. I go with a lot of friends who cosplay and people always do this. I don't really hate it, it's just really cringy to me, and sometimes the interactions can be cool, but often times they are not.

I know right, at kotoricon my first con i wore a regular show shirt, and even though i wasn't in Cosplay i still got some compliments

>Go to tiny local indie art convention
>Wear MEGA64 hat and Sam & Max shirt
>People like my hat and shirt
>feelsgood.jpg
>Go to local anime convention
>Wear Nichijou shirt
>Nobody comments on it
>Feelsbadman.jpg

I've cosplsyed the same costume for about four to five years at SDCC and this year it was kinda getting on my nerves. Like people(men and women) squeal at me and praise my costume which is honestly mediocre. Like it's flattering but it can be a bit much when it's about every 16-20 minutes

But even in character, that's a mean thing to say. Venom had a hard enough life. He doesn't need people pointing out that he's not as handsome as that fox-eared bastard.

>Venom had a hard life.
That's putting it fucking mildly.

After the reveal I loved how all the Diamond Dogs still gave you a salute.
I cried like a bitch at the purge bit.

I've always wanted to cosplay, but don't want to halfass it, and don't have the money/talent to do something extravagant.

What characters could a 6'3 guy with glasses go as anyway?

How built are you?
What colour are your eyes?
Hair colour.
Do you have a hairy body?

could go as Otacon? Just do relatively plain clothes characters.

Calculator , Commissioner Gordon,Riddler,Hugo Strange, and Professor Oobleck are a few that come to mind

ayyyyyyeeeeeeee

OBK shirt?

>At conbravo in Ontario
>Small con and the biggest guess we've had is Jontron
>TGWTG are usually in attendance
>Friend is really into Linkara
>Offers to buy me lunch if I go to his panel with him
>Line is full of the biggest autists and fedora tippers you've ever seen
>The red haired irish TGWTG reviewer who looks like a tranny is beside us
>Friend strikes up a conversation because he's a fan
>She's pretty down to earth and we tale for a bit
>Then he came
>The scraggliest neckbeard if all time walks up and invites himself into the conversation
>Immediately turns it into a conversation about how religion sucks
>Won't shut the fuck up about it
>Everyone gets visibly uncomfortable
>He just goes on and on
>Won't stop until we're in the doors and seated
>Laughs loudly at all of Linkara's jokes
>Asks uncomfotable questions during the question period
It wasn't worth a free lunch

That's the one

I wouldn't mind going to a big con with tons of people, but I only really have the opportunity to go to small local cons and those are filled with socially awkward autists.
To be fair I'm probably one of them but I think I'm self aware enough to not embarrass myself

>tfw would go to cons but all the ones in your state are shit and your work schedule doesnt allow it

Last one I went to, back when I was in college was pretty much just moping around as Dirk Strider with a bunch of teenage sluts.

Meh.

Built-ish, brown hair, pretty hairy. Was thinking I could make my hair black and go as Ian Malcolm sometime.

Hugo strange is pretty good, I think. Hadn't given any thought to it before.