Okay, hold up. What the fuck is up with this dude

okay, hold up. What the fuck is up with this dude.

I'm over at Sup Forums trying to get wiser but I need to consult you guys. I'm reading about this guy for the first time after seeing the justice league trailer, and he seems like the most powerful entity of all time.

>Infinite Mass Punch – Introduced in Grant Morrison's JLA title. Flash (Wally West), traveling near the speed of light acquired the relativistic mass of such speed to impart blows which could hit with the mass of "a white dwarf star,"

>Therefore, this means that Flash because of the Speed Force traveling at the speed of light acquires a relativistic mass to impart shocks that could hit with a mass comparable to an infinite mass and then also infinite damage.
>infinite damage.

>Time Travel - Users have the ability to traverse the rivers of time to reach the past, present and future at will.

why would this guy need to join a league of any sort. Why would batman or superman or whoever even need to do anything when this guy can literally stop time and punch people for infinite damage. Or traverse "the rivers of time" AT WILL.

I mean...come on, even superman is an ant compared to this guy. Couldn't this dude even laugh at the blue guy from watchmen and then dump on him?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/thesteveorlando/status/748580546041647104
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Much like Green Lantern, he has bullshit OP abilities but it's balanced out by being given to an idiot.

He doesnt know how to use them fully. Much like SHAZAM could be the most powerful person in the DCU but he doesn't really grasp how to use magic.

Power Levels are for idiots. He's as fast and strong as the story needs him to be.

This, basically. Though the original Speed Force Wizard (Wally West, the one who figured out the speedforce) is back again, so who knows!

>why would this guy need to join a league of any sort.

Because people actually like having friends in a similar line of work and allies that you can trust in tough situations?

Not that hard of a concept, holy shit.

You're comparing the current experienced incarnation of the character in the comics with the character at the founding of the Justice League. Huge difference in overall skill and experience during that time.

Well thankfully you're not writing him so you don't have to worry about it.

Ever since elementary school i have never had friends or classmate or allies that i could work with
Its always been about me because other people just couldn't keep up with how smart i was. Infact they used it to pick on me

>Couldn't this dude even laugh at the blue guy from watchmen and then dump on him?

Funny you should say this, Manhattan actually did rewrite time in the DCU and Wally still escaped his retcon wave

>Infinite Mass Punch – Introduced in Grant Morrison's JLA title. Flash (Wally West), traveling near the speed of light acquired the relativistic mass of such speed to impart blows which could hit with the mass of "a white dwarf star,"
Two different sources Here's the white dwarf star one not from JLA.

>i have never had friends or classmate or allies that i could work with
>Its always been about me because other people just couldn't keep up with how smart i was

I used to think that in middle school and then I realized that I was just assuming the worst of everyone and coming off as a standoffish jerk.

Grow the fuck up and learn how to introduce yourself to people.

power level discussions are silly because the hero is always exactly as strong as he needs to be to defeat the villain

it's why every hero vs. hero story either a) ends before the fight gets very far due to the interference of a villain or b) is garbage

Here's JLA

1/7

2/7

3/7

>Superman class and then some

4/7

5/7

6/7

It's not like he can just infinite mass punch dudes all the time. That shit takes tons of energy and power he doesn't always have. It's like a desperation move.

7/7

Morrison actually mentions in his book how much he loved Flash Facts as a kid

Barry isn't a powerhungry faggot like Wally is so I don't know how much of this applies to him.

Holy shit, I suspect this is someone impersonating OP, because nobody over 13 years old would be retarded enough to write something like that seriously.

>Time Travel - Users have the ability to traverse the rivers of time to reach the past, present and future at will.

Wally and Barry both have different skills in the comics.

Wally does speed force costumes and can blow up shit.

You don't have to worry about any of that shit because even if some of it does show up in later movies there won't be any of it in Justice League. All you need to know is he's a guy who wears a mostly red suit who goes fast.

I liked Morrison referencing himself with this in Multiversity

>That shit takes tons of energy and power he doesn't always have. It's like a desperation move.

Jay Garrick needed to steal speed from two other superheroes and get a running start from the other side of the world to get an appreciable fraction of the speed of light.

Plot wise, it's a big climactic move and you never want to overuse though. Because when they get overused, the enemies you face start no-selling them to make for a more interesting fight.

White Wally even bullied him recently for not being able to make a suit out of goes fast

They are, it has a new IP tag (9th)

Now, I don't know how many of you dogs of the scurviest sea read comics, but I do a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the DC universe are. Look at Superman. This guy has more powers than French restaurants have ways to say "your taste in wine is atrocious". He has powers to do with every part of his body and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot heat rays out of his eyes, frost breath from his mouth and red son radiation from his rear end. He's that sort of crazy dude. All because he absorbs solar radiation.
Look at Batman. His power? The anti-power. Sure, he should be some tame, kung fu master of not much, but instead he's the hottest shit to ever shit on a plate. You got a power? He'll find your weakness and give you seizures or heart attacks. He'll light you on fire when you're sleeping or make you recharge your green lantern ring in the power outlet. Ten thousand volts of fuck you batman. That's Batman.
But the fucking Flash, my god, my fucking GOD, this man has the greatest powers of all. If Superman's powers are being sucked off by twin super models and batman coming home to discover your wife is not only bisexual but has two friends she wants you to 'get in on' then the Flash is an orgy with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that fucking hot. They have to power him down in the comics half the time just to keep him from doing everyone else's job.
Ok first off, he can travel at light speed. Mother fuck! Not only does he travel at light speed, but time slows down for him. So he feels like he's having a casual jog or reading the paper, meanwhile, his feet are moving so fast you can hear him coming from Montana while he's already gotten to Arizona. That's fucking fast. But wait! The ability to move at Light Speed just isn't fucking enough!

I know! Christ this guy can punch you so many times in a second you've been hit five times in the cock and two times everywhere else. You think you're about to fight the Flash and then it hits you, for the last split second he's beaned your beanbags with more blows than you had sperm. But no, there's more!
The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it ain't no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at light speed would run into shit but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be "okay" afterwards or fucking EXPLODE. That's right. He can run through you and make you blow up by transferring kinetic energy into you. Like Jesus. It's bad enough you can't hit this guy, but he doesn't even have to punch you. Now your testicles have exploded and you're thinking you're about to hit him. Jesus? Just give it up. He's the fucking Flash.
Now imagine that somehow there's someone who can get around the Flash blowing your balls up secret ninja technique. Ok. He can also control the flow of energy between objects. This power makes no sense but basically he can throw a rock at you, and you think it's going slow and then he's like WHOOHOOO WIZARDLY FLASH POWERS and bam it's going at light speed. So he can throw seven million rocks at you in a second then make them all goes different speeds thus striking your nads with seven million rocks one after the other.

Most of the crazy ass Speedforce shit that people cite for Flash power level copypastas comes from Wally's time as the Flash.

Barry is special because he basically generates the Speed Force that the other DC speedsters use.

And Jay Garrick is the only one who can actually go fast without a connection to it (thanks to a metagene), Not AS fast, mind you. But fast.

But wait! There's more! He can also take energy from the very power of speed and make clothes out of it. Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST. The man is so fast he can make Flash pants that GOES FAST go right into. I don't even start to understand the physics of that but basically SPEED == REALLY TIGHT UNDERWEAR AND COOL LIGHTNING THINGIES OVER THE EAR. You would think this is the end of it but ok let's say Flash is fighting Superman and shit he's going to lose and fuck how is Superman THIS fucking strong? I don't know he must be Superman fused with Batman into some sort of guy with tons of plans on how to punch you far harder than anyone else ok to end it off the Flash can GO BACK OR FORWARD IN TIME ON COMMAND.
How do you beat this dude? You're thinking you're hashing him good, laying down the beat-down, missing your balls and suddenly BAM YOUR MOM FELL DOWN THE STAIRS TWENTY YEARS AGO and there's a dent in your forehead and Superman not thunk so gud no more. Actually she didn't fall down the stairs the Flash put speed into them so they fell up her! Fuck you Flash!
Oh, and lastly his greatest power is he isn't fast in bed. He takes it slow and gets all the ladies with his superpowers then actually satisfies them in the sack. Who the Hell is this guy? You'd think he could AT LEAST be a premature ejaculator since his penis is moving at light speed but NOOOO he's even good in bed.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wolverine sucks cock and should go die in a freak grease fire.

>Barry is special because he basically generates the Speed Force that the other DC speedsters use.

Is that still canon with the speed force wave stuff in Rebirth? Seems like they're stepping away from it.

>Barry
>Idiot
He might be a bit clumsy, but he's not an idiot.

Who knows at this point. They're definitely distinguishing Wally by giving him access to way more Speed Force powers than New 52 Barry has been able to figure out (or remember how to use).

how do people not get that those are rare occurrences and not like his default state

because they're dumb

>why would this guy need to join a league of any sort. Why would batman or superman or whoever even need to do anything when this guy can literally stop time and punch people for infinite damage. Or traverse "the rivers of time" AT WILL.

Does...does that mean the Flash breaks into people's homes to check on them?

This. Living up to their "full" potential as a Flash means basically severing any connection to a normal human life.

All the Flashes are defined heavily by their relationships to other people. For fuck's sake, Jay Barry and Wally all were married pre-New 52, not to mention their other non-goesfast support characters.

That's Wally.

Barry however faster by nanoseconds.

Lol drop a buliding on him. Superboy did that in convergence.

>Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST

best KC Wally appearance right here

>Most of the heroes look pretty good for their ages because they're all highly athletic professionals, and bunch of them aren't even human
>Wonder Girl is fat when she's middle aged

Sucks for her. Power Woman is great though. More swole PG.

Superman has rebuilt destroyed buildings before, though

I think it even happened in the recent arc where he was depowered

God damn I thought you guys were kidding about that KFC comic, but I guess I need to read it now.

> people using wally feats to measure barry

Barry didn't reach to any of this since fucking new 52. Wally's feats add nothing to Barry's.

I almost forgot how fucking good Kingdom Come is.

book of the year tbqh

seems like people are actually specifying that most of these are Wally though

Eh, I think it's overrated nowadays, but I still think it's a good comic and worth reading just because of how influential it's become.

I need...friends

remember that time Prometheus pretended to be or may have actually been gay and definitely took it up the butt just to fuck with Midnighter

it's ok

twitter.com/thesteveorlando/status/748580546041647104

This was in response to someone asking if Prometheus was faking or not

His maximum potential is basically meaningless since Speed Force is just an extension of the narrative. He moves as fast as the plot needs him to.

>just because of how influential it's become.
It highlights the shift back to good "adult" comics from edgy ones

Superheroes become weak idiots when working in groups, or when the plot demands it.

He taps a power source that others can sap from him. If he has it unlimited access he can do most of the things without harm. If it's sapped, he can feel the barrier and gets sucked in to existence-less (no soul, nothing left, it's happened twice to him before he dies).

Morrison JLA did that better

Probably to contrast her with the immortal and eternally youthful Diana since, at this point in the main continuity, she was a human(?) who'd given birth.

>I mean...come on, even superman is an ant compared to this guy.

Welcome to DC.

>power levels are bullshit!

> from my favorite jla book

oh morrison, you cheeky bastard

He's a fucking forensic scientist though. He's a chatterbox and a bit of a goofball, but he's far from idiot status