ITT: Post your goofy tv production stories

ITT: Post your goofy tv production stories

I'll start.

>Worked on set of a now canceled American soap
>soap had a lesbian storyline that gained some notoriety at the time
>nobody on set thought much of it, other than receiving a slight bump in attention
>It was failing at the time so more attention was welcomed
>EXCEPT
>set began to get bombarded by mentally unstable people
>all these middle aged/old people were mad that there were suddenly gays in their stories
>most of them were obnoxious but harmless, with a dash of bizarre self entitlement towards the show and cast
>most of them seemed to think it was the actresses' fault, not the writing staff
>this is a really common misconception that a lot of retarded people have about television
>the poor actresses started receiving an uptick in hate mail
>security was pretty diligent in making sure they didn't harass the actresses involved in the storyline, but we had to start hiring extra guards
>one of the guards was a huge African guy that was pretty decent at making them scram when we had to film outdoor scenes
>everything was fairly normal for a while
>but one day one of the bolder crazies we had reoccurring issues with snuck in one of the refrigerated trucks used by the caterers
>these trucks are EXTREMELY cold
>idiot starts banging on the doors and sides to be let out
>Security arrives, African guy decides to fuck with the crazy person. Tells everyone to keep the truck locked
>Goes on a little joy ride, swerving it left and right to knock him around a little
>The AD is afraid the guy is going to actually get hypothermia so he radios the African guy to stop
>He obeys, and lets idiot out of truck
>idiot was armed with pepper spray, decides to MACE the large African man for tossing him around in the truck
>Got to watch a 47 year old fat man get picked up and launched like a goddamn javelin through the air
>i thought I was literally going to die from laughing so hard

did the fat man get arrested?

No stories of my own but I'll bump cause this could be a good thread

Yep
Got charged with assault and trespassing

My story doesn't involve any crazy fat people, but I got to watch Brian Williams loose his shit in rehearsal for the Robin Hood Foundation way before he ever tried to pull a stolen valor.

Dude is fucking crazy, I thought he was going to slug the teleprompter

I always had a feeling he was a fucking loon.
Why did he freak out at the teleprompter?

This image is misogenetic
Delete this

These are cool stories. Wish I had something to offer this thread. My second cousin is a B-List celebrity and has starred in multiple comedies with Will Ferrell. I guess he's very serious on set and not at all approachable which is pretty much the opposite of how I pegged him.

>worked an award show with host Steve Harvey
>award shows take for-fucking-ever
>Steve is a real dick off-camera

Some user posted here a long time ago that Christopher Walken is an insufferable alcoholic diva and is hangover all the time.

The fuck is it with super homophobic people always being the ones trying to get in?

I worked on the set of OUAT, which is filmed in Steveston (BC). The outdoor scenes are really open and we have a lot of watchers (the fandom is really big and there are a lot of 'devoted' (crazy) fans, which isn't a big deal but fuck me if it isn't the jesus freaks always trying to get in and harass everyone.

They REALLY hate one of the main actresses in particular and she seems to receive the brunt of the insanity.

But they also are so creepily obsessed with Hook, so I don't know if they're actually motivated by religion or weird fandom shit.

I hate this goddamn show so much.

>OUAT
???

misogenetic?

Once Upon A Time

I was at a kpop concert a couple years back that was being filmed for TV. Whenever the presenters flubbed a line or made a mistake, the producers had no shame in making them redo it so they could get a perfect take for tv. Case in point, an hour after the show started, the presenters told us they were going to redo the entrance and that they would really appreciate if we cheered loudly and acted as if we were seeing the presenters for the first time. It felt a little ridiculous.

>OUAT
oh..... shit, I would've never guessed it

Once Upon a Time

Have you ever read the comments section on the Facebook page?
Hook might as well be Jesus Christ to the fangirls.

Dave Chappelle is the same, he's really serious and kind of prone to temper tantrums on top of it.

I try and stay away from the fandom and anything related to it. I've heard too many stories and dealt with too many freaks at this point.

You heard me shitlord

I think he means misogynist?

I heard Wills a dickhead. He's probably a cunt on and off stage

I happen to identify as a bowl of miso soup.

>They REALLY hate one of the main actresses

I bet I can guess who it is

Isn't he a big creep too?

I worked as a PA for Fox News.

Bill O'Reilly was unstable as FUCK.

Bill would lose his temper if there were ANY interruptions, I mean ANY. We had an issue with the camera and he stormed off the set, yelling at us not to waste his time.

I don't work for Fox anymore but needless to say my former coworkers weren't exactly sad when he finally got the boot.

>ding ding ding

I don't interact with her too often, but from what I gather through the times I have she's really super nice. Also really patient, which is a fucking godsend when you deal with Canadian weather on set.

I feel bad when it's the nice ones that people want to shit on.

That's a shame because her and Rumplestiltskin were the only reasons the show was remotely tolerable for the 3 seasons I put up with it.

Robert Carlyle is a class act too.

They both deserve so much better than this show

I can chime in on the fandom part of it.
I used to be sort of involved in it but I couldn't deal with it anymore.

It's really centered around shipping, and the two main ships are 'Captain
Swan' (Hook/Emma) and Swan Queen (Emma/Regina)

The 'Captain Swan' people are some of the worst spergs I have dealt with
on the internet in my life, and they're really worried that the show is going
to make Swan Queen canon, to the point that they go full blown chimp
mode on people who ship it or even vaguely support it.

Lana is supportive of the ship, so she gets a lot of harassment from the Captain
Swan people.

Also they're really bad at understanding that she isn't actually the Evil Queen and is just an actress.

yea sure kid i believe you 100%

Working on the set of a soap opera has to be some surreal shit to begin with
I'm not remotely surprised at any of these

That sounds terrible user

so in other words, tumblr is involved?

>Working on the set of a soap opera has to be some surreal shit to begin with

It was honestly not too bad, the production schedule was hellacious though.
Everything is super rushed, but most of the people I worked with were really
cool and ultra professional. There were a few divas here and there but the people who
had worked on them the longest were the most level headed.

The entire show is basically tumblrbait, of course tumblr's involved.

Aren't you the little virtue signaler.

I don't think you know what virtue signaling means if you picked that up from OP's post

You're too shallow to pick up on it, sugar tits.

one can only aspire to be as deep as u, user

>one can only aspire to be as deep as u, user

Don't try it. You'll only hurt yourself.

>if you say something negative about muh republikanz you must be a lying shill cuck leftist communist liberal hillary share blue ctr jew kike muslim sjw palestinian terrorist islam hillary clinton pizza comet ping pong non white race mixed nigger nigger NIGGER NIGGER KEK NIGGER

>auditioned for a shitty zach braff show
>the script was fucking retarded
>didnt get the part

I'm all for calling one out when they do it, but I think you're reading too much into the post.

Did you get to meet him at least?

>>the script was fucking retarded
then whyd you audition

Not him, but a gig is a gig. Most actors just want work and can't be choosy.

I would pay money to see him have a meltdown

mostly as a joke. I am not an actor.

I did not, but he did see my audition and thought it was fine until he learned I was not an actor and not supported by a union or anything. See above.

I got to be on the set of THIS GUY's movie

He's about as self aware as you can imagine.

>a real human Breen

it is a personal dream of mine to work with His Majesty.

i'm jelly

Is he a sperglord or what?

He was so seemingly normal, that was the problem.

That is, until he'd start discussing the plot of the movie.

He was so convinced it was good, and he discussed it as if someone were talking about
Citizen Kane.

Like, zero doubts in this guy's head.

I kind of admire the confidence, even if he was clearly a fool.

READS LIKE A FAKE STORY. PPL GIVE TOO MANY DETAILS WHEN LYING.

I want to meet him even more now