What does Sup Forums think of Melanesia and its people?

What does Sup Forums think of Melanesia and its people?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2211537/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I find it interesting how they reached Madagascar using only canoes.

i find the pacific island people like polynesians very interesting
like how did those niggas get themselves in the middl of the ocean!

2000 years from now Nordics will be calling them Nords because they had Blond hair.

Those aren’t related to Melanesians.

According to Varg they're whiter than me

The people thats settled Madagascar were Austronesian speakers from Borneo, not Melanesians.

Are people from Papua New Guinea considered Melanesian or not?

Yes, what makes you doubt it?

They don't speak an Austronesian language, that's why.

Also, I've heard Melanesians are related to Dravidians.

Speaking an Austronesian language is not a requirement for being Melanesian, in fact, afaik the Austronesian languages came later than Melanesians themselves.
>Also, I've heard Melanesians are related to Dravidians.
I don't know about that, all I know is race autist from last century tried to classify them with Australian Aboriginals, Negritos and South Indians, wouldn't put that much value on that.

According to this paper
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2211537/
They're closest relatives are (which is not saying much) are East Asians

Papua-Newguinea has a ton of ethnic groups. Most of them are Melanesian.
The settlers of Madagascar are Austronesian.
Austronesians and Melanesians are very different, Melanesians look way more archaic, darker skin, broader noses, while Austronesians are usually more fair skinned and more gracile.

What groups in Papua aren’t Melanesian? Besides Indonesian transplants and Polynesian outliers.

I banged a girl from PNG when I was 16

Papuans are a subgroup pf Melanesians, except for the Austronesian ethnic groups.
Papuans have a very long continuous history and therefore they diverged into lots of subethnic groups, which are very different and distinct,in contrary to the younger Austronesians. So the difference between two papuan tribes can be bigger than between all Austronesians.

What was she doing in Australia?

She lived here, idk why she was living here, probably because Australia isn't as corrupt a shithole as PNG

What people?

Does the Papuan diaspora in Australia usually mix with whites? Or they stick to each other?

Only person from PNG I ever saw and I only knew her from school

most of them do speak austronesian languages, only those on papua don't

There are some Papuan languages speakers in the Solomon Islands, but they’re a rather small group. I wonder if all Melanesians spoke Papuan languages at some point?
Melanesians!
>tfw this Papuan guy’s last name is Mexico
How did that happen?

Papuans are I think the oldest group of people outside of Africa, right?

Me la pelan.

Thanks for the bump, I guess

Melanesians can't swim for shit

There were two waves of settlers. The first wave was the negritoes who were from africa, which is why they have negro features like in OP's pic. They migrated all the way from Africa to Australia (abos) and Papua. In Malaysia, there are still some remnants (orang asli). The second wave, were from what is now Taiwan. These are my ancestors, of the Malays and related groups. We are lighter skin and have more Asiatic features. For some unknown reasons, there was an explosion of migrations from the original Island that spread down SEA to NZ, west to Madagascar and East to Hawaii. Tracing genetic lineages becomes muddled due to frequent interbreeding.

There's a fair few here where I live. Well, relatively speaking anyway. Something like 1% of my city's population.

swedes

They have the highest amount of Neanderthal blood.

Well, they can in some capacity, otherwise, how would they have gotten where they are?

Don’t you mean Denisovan?

They look like polacks

Why do you think Melanesians stopped expanding at Fiji?
>(orang asli)
Do they look like Melanesians? Or are they mixed with Malays? Also, are the the original inhabitants of the Malay Peninsula? What happened when the Austronesians came? Did they assimilate them or kill them?
>Tracing genetic lineages becomes muddled due to frequent interbreeding.
You mean Polynesians (or their ancestors) mixing with Melanesians?

How ugly was she?

What city?

Rude

Look like niggers but less obnoxious

Map

i dont think of them at all

negritos look like that do to the environemnt they were in.

Genetically they are distant as fuck to Africans.

heh

No threat detected. Weapons systems on standby.

Wouldn't it be just as possible that they just didn't change that much since they got out of Africa?

bump