Do you think there are differences of intelligence between races or is just a cultural thing?

Do you think there are differences of intelligence between races or is just a cultural thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w8HdOHrc3OQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

IQ is both genetic and environmental, so yeah, if races are a thing

Race is not a scientifically valid concept so no, while there certainly may be genetic variance in between populations it remains to demonstrated whether this is a determinant factor.

I see.

Race is a scientifically valid concept, biological human races have existed in biology books for centuries. It’s just taboo to talk about them cause of politics.

>groups of people evolved individually from each other for 200000 years but the only difference between them today is the color of their skin

there are differences (and they are not so big as most of people like to think), but that's not a reason to segregate or ostracize people. if we let that happen it will lead to all sorts of abuses and acts of hate - even among each ethnic group.

youtu.be/w8HdOHrc3OQ

we're humans after all, and we're - so far - confined in this pale blue dot. we need to learn how to live with each other in peace.

Coño, un mono en Internet.

Perhaps so but the concept of race usually gets laughed at among scientists

Also is not clear how much nature and nurture affect intelligence

Also

>using IQ as in indicator of intelligence

Lmaoing at your life senpai

I agree with this

>the organ that is responsible for 20% of calorie consumption wouldn't be effected by evolution

>Lmaoing at your life senpai
I see, you have sub 120 IQ and try to find excuses to call yourself smart

>Also is not clear how much nature and nurture affect intelligence
For e*ropeans at least it was about 70% heritable

>we need to learn how to live with each other in peace.
Thank you for saying that. The world would be a better place if more people said the things you just said.
...to everyone, not just whites.
Yes, thin include Muslims.

>something was in a book 100 years ago so it must still be true

Brainletwojak.jpg

>Coño, un mono en Internet.
Nobody cares irl

Race is a real thing. I’m not a racist, I don’t discriminate based on your colour or race but outright denying that an ethnic Nigerian is the same as an ethnic Egyptian is blissful ignorance. You know they’re not the same, don’t deny it.

Honestly you should only judge people based on their accomplishments and values

And based on whether or not they are commies, fuck commies

>tfw dumb as hell but clinically test to have an IQ over 130
>look at that map
we're fucked

Someone at Google got fired for saying that.

Cultural, economical, a lot of factors play into it.
I'd imagine malnutrition doesn't help your mental capabilities.

>And based on whether or not they are commies, fuck commies
True Texan hating commies

where were commies after invention of google??

How would you kill 100 flies at a time?

Kicking a Somali boy in the face.

>human races have existed in biology books for centuries
So did theories like disease being the result of demons or unbalaned humors, that proves nothing, is a fallacy.

It's not that the concept is taboo, it's that it's literally never been scientifically demonstrated, most of the phenotypical traits generally used for the characterization of human races occur in varying degrees of clinal variation, basic typology has yet to be established in any scientifically accurate way.

This isn't to say there aren't human populations sharing a predominance in certain traits, the concept of race is unfortunately intuitive, but to correlate that with the claims of the scientific racism era is unfounded.

Such "races" as have been propossed as being superior, Nordics or Japanese for instance, did not demonstrably enjoy any supremacy over any other human beings, nor even better life standards until very recently in terms of history. Had they been superior wouldn't have their founding populations resulted in widespread dispersal and success?

There are many holes in race as a scientific concept and no credible scientific literature in the contemporary world treats it as such.

Inquisition, cold and heartless as ever in 2017
poor choice of joke Inqui

>Unfounded speculation equals credible scientific research.

He got fired for saying that women weren't good at coding because it's too analytical for their poor brains.

His comments on diversity over achievement were spot-on, the extra stupid shit outside of that was what got him fired.

>"Heritability estimates range from 0.4 to 0.8 ... indicating genetics plays a bigger role than environment in creating IQ differences"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence

What is iq was ideated just with the purpouse to discriminate people? You believe that something so abstract yet so personal like intelligence can be measured with a test?

>I see, you have sub 120 IQ and try to find excuses to call yourself smart

Nigga intelligence is a highly complex concept that you are trying to reduce to a single stupid number

Hell iq scores have been proven to change depending on the person emotional state, so is it even possible to claim scores are reliable?

>For e*ropeans at least it was about 70% heritable

Assuming that shit is true, how do you even manage to control all variables during nurturing? Do you even have a control group with no nurturing at all?

Nigga not even the folks at the human genome project believe in that shit

Amo esse discurso do Chaplin.
Finalmente um poster brasileiro que preste além de mim.

>...to everyone, not just whites.
>Yes, thin include Muslims.
but they say that... but those don't listen and noone stops them, because "racist" or "islamophobe"

based brazilanon
thank you, i came in this thread to feed my desire for hatred and masochism but found love and compassion

Theres a great deal of disagreement on what taht paper meant for "intelligence" some described it as problem solving skills, others defined it by iq scores, etc

Even taking the paper at face value, theres a fundamental misunderstanding here, race does not dictate genetics, genetics dictate race

Hell if you were locked into a genetic makeup based on your race then the implication is that different races couldnt have possibly emerged

The argument is still poorly made

>as ever in 2017

Yeah, it seems intelligence is a racial issue.

every cognitive tests shows that there are differences of intelligence between races.

Well come muzzies do, is not fair to put em all in the same bag

Yes, there are very visible brain and organ differences between the races, just as their muscles skin (an organ), and hair differ in structure and skeletons differ, iq is just one part of the brain that is affected there's much more such as feelings, thought, behavior etc..

What happens in Botswana?

Isolated negros.

Yes but it needs better research than that hack Richard Lynn. Current data on IQ is about as reliable as self-reported penis chart sizes.

Correlation does not equal causation

safaris
baobabs
hardly any people
according to reporters without borders, more press freedom than in italy or eastern europe

I don't know but I'm 100% European genetically, does it matter? Even Afro-Americans scores more in that pisa test than countries like Argentina, Uruguay and Chile that are majority of European descent.
Latin America is a shit regardless of race.

>china
>105 IQ average

Nobody with an IQ above 80 is going to believe that.

No, African Americans do not score high in pisa.

Weren't jews supposed to be smart?

Why is IQ an appealing subject on Sup Forums? My impression reading such discussions is that you try someway to underpin eugenics or make this or that ethnicity look superior. You post those graphs, maps and papers, discuss if races exist in human race, and well, there seems to be no unanimity, so you just argue like kids.

I refrain from clicking on such threads 'cause there are always many racists who claim to have high IQ and keep spending hours of their lives here doing a bunch of... nothing.

Indigenous people. That means Palestinians.

>Race is not a scientifically valid concept so no
>scientifically
Do you even know what "scientifically" means you edgy circlejerker-wannabe faggot?

>an opinion shared by everyone outside chin chan is "edgy"

Because posting a chart that says huwhite people have high IQ is their substitute for a college degree, which they failed to receive because they dropped out after finding out “anime studies” wasn’t a major.

>if everybody believes something it means it's a fact

wasted trips

Dominicans score 328, that would be an accurate assessment of Black Americans without Jewish fuckery.

I don't care what you "debunk". Everything in the field of race are theories and you can chose to believe theories. Since I've been around niggers long enough I choose not to believe those theories saying "we're all the same". If you wanted we could argue about feelings all day but I have "better" things to do.

you know what, I actually agree
But we seem to have been around different niggers

I don't mean they can't be good people, in fact some I know are good. But they are simply more stupid on average, no matter if they have been born here and well fed and educated all their lifes or if they come from subsaharan africa and have been starving all their lives. They shouldn't even be here to begin with but then again everything in these regards are opinions.

Race is a social construct. The potential someone has can be genetic, but that doesnt mean they receive a proper education and be considered intelligent. IQ measures how quickly someone can grasp concepts.

because a big part of users here are complete failures irl, bottom of society autists
they associate themselves strongly with their race (in most cases white) so they can claim that they belong to the same group that spawned many brilliant minds and people because they have 0 achievements of their own so they cling to what little they share with those better than them, nationalism works the same way

>This entire post
Bruh.... look at this dude....

no but that's actually what i meant
i don't have any personal experience with niggers being more stupid generally

yes, you were around the bill gates of blacks and assume all blacks are bill gates, if a white is dumber than any negro he should be executed.

>I've met only one nigger in my life
la luz extinguida...

>every cognitive test
Now point me to a reputable one, because doesn't cut it

>Everything in the field of race are theories
No, they're not, do you know even know what theory means in science?

Yes, that it is a part of the systemics of knowledge grouped as science you bigoted faggot

>you can chose to believe theories
This is Ameribear tier ffs

>they associate themselves strongly with their race (in most cases white)
On Sup Forums this might be the case, but a brief tour of other places on the internet would reveal that many other groups disperse their failures onto a collective/racial identity frequently elsewhere.

You have blacks blaming whites for their failures on sites like The Root, Salon, and The Atlantic, you have women blaming their failures on men on sites like Jezebel, Polygon, Tumblr, and ShitRedditSays, you have queers doing the same to straights, so on and so forth. Simply put, it's an externalization of failure as an ego-protection strategy.

Successful individuals don't rely on those cheap excuses. Successful people fail, fail, fail until they pick themselves up and succeed. When you fail, you either learn why you failed and accept it, or you blame other people. When you blame others, you do not progress. You get caught in an eternal loop of shit, never to escape, content to dwell in misery.

>i don't have any personal experience with niggers being more stupid generally
Then you probably have very few experiences with niggers. Same with North Africans btw, even though in this case it's because of inbreeding, not race.

>1994

20 years in genetic is almost as big as 20 year in computers.
This was a time where birds weren't dinosaurs.

>Nigga intelligence is a highly complex concept that you are trying to reduce to a single stupid number
So i was right. You have low IQ

>Hell iq scores have been proven to change depending on the person emotional state, so is it even possible to claim scores are reliable?
IQ scores have an error of 3 points

In 2006, The New York Times Magazine listed about three quarters as a figure held by the majority of studies

north africans are a different race than whites.

yeah I was mostly talking about Sup Forums but this is true for other sites as well, it applies to every race or ethnicity
I laugh every time I see blacks doing that we wuz egyptians n shiet on twitter, yeah ok man even if you was a kang what the fuck are you now

>theories
>knowledge
(you)

>blacks blaming whites for their failures
Ill group people the same way you do. Whites ARE a reason face struggles in the US.

I don't belive "white" is a single race, but my point is North Africans could be European tier if it wasn't for inbreeding. Moroccans I know who have been born here were special ed tier and barely finnished highschool even though their parents had money (so no muh socioeconomic bullshit).

There is only one race: the human race

They literally aren't the same race on all genetic tests, whites are a single race of a single skeleton, skin color and hair structure.

The other guy was right, Intelligence is too complex to measure through a simple IQ test.

Are you currently going to University? You are extremely fucking stupid and its making me cringe.

>Ill group people the same way you do
Cool, so
>Whites ARE a reason face struggles in the US.
I don't know your level of reading comprehension but that's not at all what I said.

I said dumb people blame others for their failures in life. You get a high off wailing in your own misery. That's what losers do.

Winners recognize what's wrong, what's in their power to fix, and they move on. If 99% of your problems are "caused" by other people, there's a high likelihood that you, in fact, are the problem.

yeah, but that's also people with low IQ (which the best metric for intelligence so far) say

No, Slavs have different skulls and if you are going to talk about hair in the Mediterranean there're lots of people with curly hair. At least there is a Celto-germanic race, a Slavic race and a Mediterranean race if not more, but differences between Europeans are minor and negligible while differences between Europeans and Africans are considerable.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

>blacks blaming whites
>i-i-i meant the losers.. learn to read XD
I can list multiple examples of bias in American society that would affect a person's success simply because they are black.

>Are you currently going to University?
Yes, the extremely stupid cringy fuck is the mutt trying to tell me about European peoples.

yes

>not bothering to read "on Sup Forums this might be the case" to "a big part of [white] users here are complete failures irl, bottom of society autists"
gonna end my post here since you are illiterate and cannot follow a conversation. you are likely exactly the type of loser the Italian and I have been talking about all this time

>which the best metric for intelligence so far
No it isnt.

>hurr durr knowing that means youre bot smart!!

>Another thread about races where the notion of race is never ever defined

Dude you still have a fundamental misunderstanding on the topic

Genes dictate "race" not the otherbway around, ask yourself the following question

Do i have X genes because i belong to Y race or do i belong to Y race because i have X genes?

I think you know the answer

As for iq scores, like i said, they vary based on several factors unrelated to intelligence, hell you could probably code a program to solve those tests easily, would that make it smart?

I never ever taken an IQ test

who are you replying to?

>A scientific theory is an explanation
So essentially what I've been saying? You can have different explanations for the same phenomenon and there may be enough empirical evidence to back both. And the concept of "knowledge" is more philosophical than scientific. "Scientific knowledge" as that page says is essentially a theory that can't be proved wrong, but as I said proving certain theories wrong is simply subjective, especially in fields such as race which are taboo and not investigated objectively nowadays.

Whats the name of that University? Its clear you have absolutely no idea how civilizations arrived at where they are today. Also, your shit argument about me being an American reminds me of that stupid reporter asking why a Muslim wrote a book about the founder of Christianity.

No, only ones with curly hair in Spain are non Whites who aren't related to the natives of Spain, whites are a race native to Europe but not the only race in Europe.

linguistic groups are not races, there is no single race in the med nor an exclusive med race.

What the fuck are you even talking about? If you want to have serious discussions join a fucking debate team. And btw, tell me " how civilizations arrived at where they are today", I think it's very related to the topic we were just talking about and I'm sure you are a fucking mastermind who knows everything about human history. So please professor, enlighten me, write a fucking thesis, I'm going to have some sleep because unlike you tomorrow I have shit to do. Good night genius.

>only ones with curly hair in Spain are non Whites who aren't related to the natives of Spain
seeG'night

>A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested
Think you forgot the important part there.
> Established scientific theories have withstood rigorous scrutiny and embody scientific knowledge.
>So essentially what I've been saying?
No, you've been mistakenly using theory as interchangeable with hypothesis.
> You can have different explanations for the same phenomenon and there may be enough empirical evidence to back both.
That's not scientific knowledge by definition tho
>And the concept of "knowledge" is more philosophical than scientific. "Scientific knowledge" as that page says is essentially a theory that can't be proved wrong
That's philosophical relativism, your solipsistic platitudes have no place in a discussion of science.
>as I said proving certain theories wrong is simply subjective
Not in science
> fields such as race which are taboo and not investigated objectively
That's an unfounded opinion based solely on your racist bias

Here dumb fuck, let me walk you through it slowly, scientific knowledge isn't about you making a choice what to believe, it has nothing to do with your political leanings or your anecdotal experience and you certainly can't use it to back your tripe. There's such a thing as the scientific method and the process of peer review of findings.

What you're doing here is using scientific sounding terms to put some veneer of credibility on what you admit are your subjective opinions, that's called pseudo-science and is simply dishonest.

What we are discussing is something you should have learned in high school for crying out loud.

THIS is your average Spanish University student.

This. How the fuck can anyone believe two humans that evolved in two disparate parts of the world are the same species and then tell you two birds that look identical but have a different song are different species?