What is the point of CinemaSins...

What is the point of CinemaSins? It just seems to be a guy whinily nitpicking about the most arbitrary shit in films and trying to pass it off as "humor."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnTZbZw1JPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gNYKBTBTwjI
youtu.be/qnTZbZw1JPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UAYqK15hlbI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They were always shit. They had some clever moments in their earlier videos, but they only cater to the youtube hivemind now.

Used to be:
>4 or 5 minutes of genuine plot holes, production errors, and humorous observations
Now:
>20 minutes of le epic quips XD, SJW pandering, and "sins" that honestly feel like they didn't watch the movie

Most of these guys' videos aren't actually that much better but this one is so fucking satisfying youtube.com/watch?v=qnTZbZw1JPQ

Kys bitch cinemasins is kino af.

same thing with HISHE now. Was funny, but now its either stupid drawn out jokes that aren't funny. That or update videos to tell you they're working really hard to get the next video out.

HISHE are terrible. Used to be a vid for each major movie. Now lucky if you get 4 videos a year.

>but they only cater to the youtube hivemind now.
In what sense?

>It just seems to be a guy whinily nitpicking about the most arbitrary shit in films and trying to pass it off as "humor."

You seem to be describing Sup Forums

He is a fucking cuck that's racist ding

Hahaha.

>What's the point of Cinemasins?
To trigger easily buttblasted people like yourself

It's pretty standard clickbait with an understated political agenda.
Started out kinda ok but due to its gimmicky nature it quickly devolved into mindless drivel.
The same people who enjoy it are the same people who enjoy the new star wars movies, marvel movies and other shallow stuff like that.

>trigger

I doubt that. I love Marvel and Rogue One but I hate CinemaSins.

Not an argument

its totally shit now, full of LOLZ SO FUNNI XD memes

You're still the kind of man child they pander to.

The point is to point out small shit you didn't see the first time and other shit. Their not reviewers, they're just whiny assholes. The sins mean nothing and the Sup Forumsirgins who get triggered because they don't understand this simple fact. that said, the Get Out was very obvious SJW pandering and there is an undercurrent of liberalism

They don't even point out actual problems with the movie. Look at this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=gNYKBTBTwjI

Look how forced the so-called "sins" are. And the guy sounds like he tries to read the whole sentence without taking a breath.

Their sins are petty and some are not really sins. it's just shit the narrator didn't like about a movie.

Like for example the thing about how he left the wheelchair far away from the bed when the point is that he wants to keep Charles in one place. These people obviously watched the full movie but they're nitpicking things as they go along that are later explained as, you know, the movie continues.

Not an argument

The guy who narrates this shit sounds like Kermit the Frog.

>brings up another board for no reason
Living in your head rent free

Paulsegos youtube channel cinemaforcynics is actually the best movie review channel on youtube

mass produced-low quality content for the sake of keeping their subs

I don't mind because once I get your orange idol out of the white house I can forget about you and go back to playing video games.

Only good part of this video was when he just says "Logan's Run." and that's counted as a sin for some reason.

Some of them are fine. The worst is Get Out. Like, it's a good film, but it did not deserve so many sins removed. Or else they should have removed sins on other films as well

Anyway, it is not intended to be taken seriously

because it's racist ding!

bobvids BTFO cinemasins
no fucking contest
youtu.be/qnTZbZw1JPQ

Yeah, this is cool and all, but I wish he'd done it for a movie I've actually seen because I don't want to spoil this one yet.

He's done Age of Ultron and Civil War as well. Wish he'd defend some actually good movies at some point.

>once I
>I

Ooh, I've seen Civil War. I'll watch that video.

I have enjoyed some of their videos but I did not like Force Awakens. It's almost as if people were not black or white.

I get the feeling he is quipping on the same level cinema sins does.
Shame really

Why the fuck is every fucking piece of humor considered a "quip" on Sup Forums? Fcuk .

Not really humor when you yapping bs and spinning your wheels for 5 minutes.
I get it dont worry your videos are fine.

>1 sin for saying a word beginning with L!
>1 sin for casting a racist white actor!
>-10 sins for casting a BBC!

it's 90% random bullshit that isn't even funny and caters to regular plebs

I hate them. I cant watch any movies with my friends anymore, because for some fucking reason they decide to emulate them and make it their mission to nit-pick about everything and then actually base their opinion of the movie on these nit picks.

Name specific problems.

>It just seems to be a guy whinily nitpicking about the most arbitrary shit in films and trying to pass it off as "humor."

yep, hit the nail on the head.
Bravo user

take some refuge knowing that anyone with a functional IQ of 110+ has or would draw the same conclusion

My father doesn't even know CinemaSins exists and he still nitpicks movies weirdly like this. Like he said some weird thing about how in John Wick nobody aimed for his head.

I'm 100% sure he preps the bull before the bull fucks his wife.

fucking white "men"

i like the comfy drawn out videos because i put it on for background noise when falling asleep

Hopefully not these videos, because the voice is sped up and annoying which makes it hard to fall asleep to. I can hook you up with some good ASMR if you want.

Lmao. Exactly like Sup Forums.

yup, I really hate how the videos have gone from 10+ sins per minute to 5 per minute. It's kind of obvious they need to stretch them to 10+ minutes to get monetized and it just gets dull and stupid

they early videos were great tho. I'll always love the moment in EWW Prometheus
> Charlize Theron: "... father"
> [dramatic pause]
> CS narrator: "I don't care"

>EWW
>my face when I didn't realize that Everything Wrong With abbreviates to that
That's actually kind of genius.

I haven't watched their shit in eight months, but I just saw their video on The Mummy and there was a lot of good criticism there. Same for TMR so far.

I found something better then Cinema Sins

youtube.com/watch?v=UAYqK15hlbI

Comedy.

Just so everyone is clear on this, Cinemasins is not a definitive catalog of movie flaws to accurately determine how bad they are and it was never meant to be. Anyone who thinks it is should kill themselves. He does point out real flaws, but some of the "sins" he points out are purely nitpicks, and he does this, I assume for comedic purposes, like when he gave Spiderman 2 a sin because "Aunt May is a philistine" after she says she gave Peter's comics away. I enjoy his videos when he does movies I've seen.

I wish they would do more bonus rounds like in some of the earlier videos for stupid ever repeating shit like stares in Twilight.
I always loved the hyper inflated sin count after them because of all the multipliers.

>Anyone who thinks it is should kill themselves.
you sound like a faggot
>I enjoy his videos when he does movies I've seen.
dude isnt funny and talks fast like a little bitch, no wonder you resonate with him

I just really hate how he speeds up the fucking voice. Like if you make money for it being a long video, no need to speed it up. It's really annoying when he laughs and you hear this faggy "Hahahahaha" at superspeed.

Yeah, removing sins for that scene was just stupid. Although some of the sins removed were justified. However, the film itself is just Baby's first glance at a good film. A little bit outstanding, but nothing really special

The only reason they got popular is because people mistook them for honest trailers at first

what movie

Except a bunch of their fans take their videos as genuine criticism and half the time their "jokes" are simply being wrong about basic information that is explained in the movie. Other times they're using terms like "cliche" and "deus ex machina" incorrectly, or just literally pointing out things that happen in the movie and labeling them as sins. It started off as tongue-in-cheek nitpicking of mistakes in movies and now their videos have become bloated and filled with misinformation and forced jokes because they want to collect more ad revenue. In a lot of videos it feels like they can't find enough things to nitpick about so they just start making shit up.

>its a Sup Forums takes a youtube comedy channel seriously and gets offended episode

>once I

They used to be alright but like others have said it went from legitimate critique with some jokes thrown in to 10 minutes of jokes.

Is this guy even aware it's a cavalry sword?

They used to be somewhat cool until their marxism started to showing, it really intesified in 2016 and onwards, really makes you think.

Get out.

Terrible Sup Forumstard post. You also made this post:

Time to start taking your medication again.
Yeah I don't care for his stupid laughing either.
>a bunch of his fans take him seriously
Unfortunately this is true.
>videos have become bloated for more ad revenue
Also true. I guess all good youtube channels are destined to meet this demise eventually.

>""""""""""""comedy""""""""""""

It's pointless as shit, I prefer that matt patt dude with his stupid theories, at least he's clever sometimes and his videos are funny.

Holy shit, dude. You managed to name the one thing that manages to be even less funny than CinemaSins. Game Theory is utter shit. PBS Idea Channel does the same thing but much better.

I hate Sup Forums (though I'm not against making jokes at the Jews' expense) but this is one of my favorite gifs. It's amazing how well it syncs up.

>I hate Sup Forums

no need to get rude, he was just asking a question

Can't stand Matt Pat. He talks like a fag and on at least one occasion he has proven himself to be completely retarded. Pic related is from his "best boobs in gaming" video where he uses these helpful pictures to compare their heights. He reasons that since Samus' canon height is 6'3", then Zelda must be about 6'5" since she is CLEARLY taller. See the problem?

remember 10 foot tall Wario? kek

*follows the link*
Whoa this place is cool... think I'll stay here for a while. Thanks!

People try to excuse shit like this by saying "They're just joking, they're not serious, etc." but considering he gave a video game to the Pope I'm pretty sure he is retarded.

That video is the most neckbeard thing I've ever watched

They're fine.

I get pissed off when they "remove sins" though.
Like their job is to be nit-picky assholes, period. Stick to a niche or don't even bother.

How?

Damn there's people this assblasted about cinemasins

Yeah, it's weird these days to see someone care about something.

This, I only care about memes and Trump. #MAGA!

Not hilarious "muh factual opinion discredits what you said" quip is not hilarious. *ding*

i think he's kind of just going through the motions now which is why it's not good anymore

I can watch movie otherwise would avoid and say I saw them

>brings up another board yet again
Rent free

Great job admitting it, now I'm going to screencap this post and accuse anyone critical of a movie of being some fag who watched the CinemaSins video.

Movie fights is kino

I don't mind because once I get your orange idol out of the white house I can forget about you and go back to playing video games.

good job with you life user

holy shit, just realized this. mother fuck, i am a retard

He isn't, he's using logic to deintruct all of the "Sins" and he never makes any arbitrary attempts at humor like "dude Le lap dance lmao" he just goes point by point with the original video.

It's more that people get to indulge in 15 minutes of a movie for free, that's really why it's so popular no one actually takes what this guy says seriously except reddit capeshitters