Who is the best member of the X-Men and why is he/she the best?

Who is the best member of the X-Men and why is he/she the best?
>Hard mode: No Cyclops

Psylocke (all 3 versions) because she excites me.

but it's the correct answer

Kurt is best.

puffy vagina

Storm is best. But only when she's plowing Thor.

Beast is the best. Why? Because he was right.

Warren is cute

>Be it contest or battle, be the prize a lady's smile or the fate of a world -- the triumph shall forever belong to Thor!

Thor is like those college douchbags who brag about fucking chicks.

emma, cause she doesn't take shit and does what needs to be done without caring a flying fuck what anyone else thinks

If Jean was alive she'd be cuck'd so hard.

shut up warren

Yeah, and..?

I like Colossus.

A tie between nightcrawler and storm.

Kurt because he has teached how to gain confidence in one self and storm because she is a strong independent black women with flaws that make her a good character.

Havok is sexy

Cycl-

>No Cyclops

God dammit...

Rightclops

Beast, he's one of the oldest X-men and he tore the universe without even meaning to.

Kitty or Magik

Iceman is cute

I'm gonna preface this shit with these tiers are when the characters are written well, and when they're on the main squad, not on an offshoot team, so some guys in the lower tiers are higher on a New Mutants or X-Force list

>GOAT Tier:
Nightcrawler
Cyclops
Wolverine
Storm
Magik
Cannonball

>Great Tier
Rogue
Colussus
Psylocke
Emma Frost
Shadowcat

>Good Tier
Cable
Beast
Gambit
Jean Grey
Rachel Grey
Professor X
Banshee
Magneto (GOAT as a villain)
Sage
Dr. Nemesis
Namor
Danger
Legion

>Meh Tier
Hope
Fantomex
Firestar
M
Old Man Logan
Northstar
Dani Moonstar
Iceman
Angel
Havok
Warpath
Dazzler
Longshot
Forge
Jubilee
Bishop
Cece Reyes
Chamber
Husk
Mystique (Great as a villain)
Lady Mastermind
Armor
Omega Sentinel
Pixie

>Dogshit Tier
Polaris
Joseph
Marrow
Xorn
Maggot
Stacy X
Hepzibah

>Namor
>Mutant

I haven't read anything based on him besides his first appareance in the fantastic 4 but i thought he was some kind of sea king or prince or something like that. Could somebody enlight me?

How can anyone not like Wolverine?

namor was introduced long before mutants were a thing but after the xmen were established they retroactively decided he was a mutant.
Their reasoning was based on how different he is from all the other atlanteans, being able to breathe air naturally, super strength, flight, white skin rather than the much more common blue.

Seconded, and not just because she taught Cyclops how to be a perv.
Her snarky one-liners are the best part of her lingering villainy and always make it worth reading an issue.
I also love the new highbar she's set for complicated superhero motivations.

FUCK!

Alright, Multiple Man then.

Tom Skylark and Rover

Which one?

Dark Phoenix should be GOAT tier

That guy no one can remember, Mr Forgotten or Remember Me or something like that. He did something... uh, what was i saying?

History will absolve him.

His title was "first mutant", you see. Even early X-Men comic had Xavier and Magneto trying to recruit him because he's mugga. Later they changed their tune and started "Namor is hybrid!". Then Secret Invasion came and we learn that Namor is both human/Atlantean hybrid but he's also a mutant.

Who? Rightclops?

Other Mutant hybrids include Pixie and Shatterstar.
Then there's the alien mutants that include Deathbird, Longshot, Warlock, and Broo.
There's also types of non-lifeforms that mutate and become something new like Danger or Shadow King.

The X-Men ideal is an inclusive one.

Well, I couldn't post Rightclops so Magneto is way to go.
Yeah. Pixie always looked like power gamer to me.

It is a damned shame how Mags got tamed. I guess Xavier caught him with his helmet off and that was the end of his mutant revolution.

I thought he'll change his mind after Bunn's solo run but nothing came out of it.
>be Magneto
>see your bestest friend whacked by his possessed son
>get on the team with said son
>kid is suicidal, tell him to snap out of it
>bleh, Canada is boring, go out and hunt some evil flatscans
>Nazi steals brain of your best friend
>in ruins of Genosha see image of your best friend
>tell him that he was right and killing flatscans doesn't work
>Xavier tells you that killing flatscans is actually way to go
>dafuq.jpeg
>toss mutants out of their fancy chambers and let them gassed by Inhuman cloud
Last couple of years were weird for Mags.

I choose Cyclops. Fuck your rules.

Given that Xavier's tactics amounted to little more than recruiting a private army and Magneto's tactics resulted in Genosha becoming the world's first mutant nation, it's fair to say that Magneto was right.
And not as a slogan, the dude got results.

>Who is the best member of the X-Men and why is he/she the best?
Jackie Cha-oh wait, wrong meme. Sorry.

My opinion is that Magneto is right if you want Earth without humans, Cyclops is right if you want everyone to live with each other in peace.

No man, that's that Morrison Xorn mistake there you're making.
Magneto is all about the violence and killing, yeah, but he never advocated outright genocide before that Xorn story, he always used the threat of mega-violence to extort humans into giving into his political demands.
But remember, there was never any killing humans just to be rid of humans, there was always an actual motive involved, even when it was just the motive that some prick pissed him off.

if Jean was alive she'd be dating Wanda

Bobby seems to agree

That's the point. He is the immature braggart from mythos. I think one of the points of his evolution in maturity is probably getting the Odin Force or the reconstruction of Asgard.

That's what I meant. He's perfectly OK with nuking flatscans if that'll help mutants. He won't send humans to ovens. That's what Cyclops is doing. CHARLES IS DISAPPOINTED.

his 'Uncanny X-Men' is 'Magneto and the Brotherhood' in everything but name

putting Odin back on the throne was a mistake

Isn't there a theory that jean mind-controlled Bobby to be gay?

Psylocke and Angel plot is dragging book down. How many members would be on team if they're removed? Only Mags, M and Creed?

She's such a secret lesbian, you just know it...
I mean, the whole "I am death and rebirth and life and fire" thing is classic hippie Mother Goddess nonsense.
That's just a short step away from "exploring her feminine sexuality" with the rest of the coven.

I mean, damn, Storm already switched to the Earth Goddess team years ago.

yeah. it's not so much a theory as a 'we're choosing to read it this way and hope a later writer runs with it'

but there's been multiple instances where it comes across as teen Jean just mindhacking people so they will do what she wants, let her get away with what shes done, and occasionally fucking with them out of petty revenge

Betsy is a thrillkilling ninja with mindgames and Warren is a now-inhuman angel of death,
These are perfect villains to have on any Evil Brotherhood team.
The only problem is that they're still not seen as villains by the readership.
If this crummy story can do that then more power to it, otherwise you're right about it being a waste of time.

the psylock and angel plot has been pretty much resolved now that warren and angel have fused back into archangel

With Fantomex around, I always expect some bullshit triangle drama.

Warren will forever be stuck in "no idea what to do? it's Archangel episode", won't he?

>Warren is a now-inhuman angel of death
I thought he was a mutant/inhuman hybrid post-recombining

There's also a sh*t-load of pages from the silver age that make it kinda clear that it could be possible.

>Female is boy is all work
What did he mean by this?

Stop eating those candies, Homer. Your mom didn't send you message.

Was he ever an X-Man or are we just including all X affiliated groups?

I thought the splitting them up was weird but would have been a nice resolution to it without having to write out either version.

He first appeared in Uncanny X-Men as a friendly "Muir island mutant" and has been involved with X-affiliated government sponsored teams, as well as being a member of the X-Corp NGO global goodwill initiative, but his closest to actually being an "official" X-Man would be the whole Utopia era when Cyke horded mutants like they were going out of style.

What exactly does it mean to be "the best member of the X-Men"?
Do we mean popularity-wise?
Do we mean effectiveness?
What about setting a good example as an X-Man?
Or are we talking about greatest deeds done?
Is there some sort of ideal we should be comparing each of the X-Men to?

Nightcrawler is my pick. It's hard to dislike the guy, he's witty, charismatic, swashbuckling and fun loving, despite looking like a demon from the depths of hell.
Colossus and Classic Wolverine are really good picks too.

Pretty sure he just means your favorite subjectively.
But,

>popularity-wise?
Wolverine, easily.
>effectiveness? greatest deeds done?
That's a bit harder to judge. If we're talking in terms of sheer power, that's probably Jean or Hope. In terms of accomplishments and leadership? I guess probably Cyclops?

I think Kurt wins it for being a genuinely good person, but Jean is the big change agent and always has been because nowadays when she shows up it's an event.
Wolverine has to get some sort of mention for best turning your life around.
(Also for being the posterboy for mutant cool.)
Xavier himself should also be mentioned for something...

Xavier is dick. There, mentioned.

You would think Wolverine would've been the one to finally off him.
Or at least Magneto.

But I really am having a hard time figuring out what good he was to his own cause.

ah yes, something

y'know, for a while I assumed Jean mind controlled Scott into being obsessed with her, but lately I'm stating to think Xavier did it himself to make sure his favorite weapon would ever throw her under the bus for the sake of the mission, and perhaps even out of a twisted notion that doing so meant that everytime scott slept with her, he would be sleeping with her via proxy

You know, that would be pretty lol and I'd believe it.

Honestly, Xorn wasn't too bad, I was just annoyed it turned out to be Magneto the whole time.

Question for X-fags:

For getting into the X-Men where should you start off? I would read from the very beginning but the purple prose doesn't really cut it for me.

Depends how far do you want to go. Start with Morrison's X-Men and after that, if Cyclops is on team, that's main book. Drop everything moment you get to Avengers vs X-Men.

Didn't they retcon that so it wasn't him?

Kitty Pride.
She knows her shit.

>psylocke above cable

Even as a fan of psylocke I can't justify this.

If they did, I didn't read it.

Magik, she can teleport anywhere in space and time, has almost Dr Strange level sorcery, has control over hell and turns into a demon. Plus a big sword and boob window to distract enemies.

And she has one of the coolest origin stories out of anyone, read her solo miniseries with Storm about how she was raised in Limbo

Yeah, it turned out to be a shape shifting mutant that was using mutant growth hormones to make him so powerful he could even copy the powers of the mutant he turned into. But it made him actually believe he was that person also.

Didn't she actually beat Doc Strange in Limbo? It was her territory, but still.

>and boob window to distract enemies.
I actually absolutely hate that Final Fantasy tier design. Maybe if you add some color and get rid of retarded spikes, then I'll like it.

>And she has one of the coolest origin stories out of anyone, read her solo miniseries with Storm about how she was raised in Limbo
Couldn't agree more. Personally one of my favorite if not the favorite Claremont story.

Her original costume was better

Kitty, even though she isn't an X-Men anymore

Fuck off casual scum.

>implying my jimmies are rustled

reeeeeee

I like that Bub Sniktson guy.

Wind Dancer
Wallflower
X-23 (when written well)

When did they make him into an inhuman?

And what changed when they made him one?

>Didn't she actually beat Doc Strange in Limbo? It was her territory, but still.

She's basically a God in Limbo. It's like how you can't beat Mephisto in Hell.

This is a surprisingly good list.
But fuck you son, Polaris is easily good.

Where is she post-Secret Wars now?

Nightcrawler, because he's an actual decent and funny person who usually tries to make things better without trying to kill all humans/the Avengers/the timestream/etc.

bump

If no Cyclops definetely Magneto

Sunspot.
He's had more development than any other X-man in the last 5 years.

List user here, I think Polaris has been great on X-Factor squads, but as a main team member, I think all she has is Austen's run, and that sucked

This is a great list user, saving it for later, may even illustrate.