ITT: most honourable and heroic characters in their movies

ITT: most honourable and heroic characters in their movies

As you wish.

coming through

Here you go, OP

;_;

He's good at it

You mean the guy holding the bat, about to kill that Nazi, right? Surely someone wouldn't empathize with a Nazi.

>Jew faggot beating POWs to death with a bat
>still refuses to give up his comrades positions and stays calm in the face of a gruesome death

But muh holocaust, right? Not sure if b8 or summerfag.

Ouch, be careful or you might hurt yourself with that edge, sweetheart!

he fucked up

>he believes in the holocaust

>The bad guys literally kill noone onscreen for the length of the film, until Landa loses it on the movie star
>They're humanised during literally every encounter
>The good guys kill indiscriminately every time
>Are portrayed as bloodthirsty, rabid and insubordinate
What did Tarantino mean by this, honestly
Like, no meme, what the fuck did he mean by this

That the nazis did nothing wrong
>Pic related
>He did nothing wrong

We JUST HAD THIS THREAD

AMERICAN PROPAGANDA MOVIES

I unironically think tarantino was trying to secretly prove a point with this movie.

The Nazi soldiers are literally murdered by Americans committing war crimes, and Americans blindly sit in the audience and cheer them on. It just proves American audiences have no ability to critically think about what they're watching.

meant to reply to you

>country that idolizes a traitor
>homourable

>They did nothing wrong

>Not getting that the Basterds scar the Nazis the capture and leave alive so everyone can know that they participated in the holocaust and have a harder time relocating to a different location.
>Implying Tarantino needed to show the nazis doing what everyone knows they do

>secretly
Are you fucking retarded? It's the major subtext of the film.

yeah no you're totally right, go ask the average person if tarantino was making a point that american audiences don't think critically and they'll reply

"it was a major subtext of the film!"

idiot

I think you're giving him too much credit. It's obvious he just wanted a "let's kill all the nazis!" kind of film.

They didn't really do anything wrong there, they had no way to know the Carriers would be out on patrol at the time. still kept us out of the pacific for a long while.

XD oh man, THAT'S not the conventional take on that particular question! you're one crazy guy, my fellow based channer!

pic related

same story, different actors

It's a meta commentary on how willing the general public is to discriminate against an entire group of people to the point of cheering for their brutal, violent deaths. We, as Americans, criticize the citizens of the Third Reich for their blind hatred of Jews, and yet we delight in the imagery of Nazis being tortured by Americans.
By showing the Nazi soldiers as humans - not just scheming, heartless villains, but as fathers, brothers, and tragic heroes - Tarantino gives us ample opportunities to sympathize with them. But the vast majority of Americans don't, because we are trained to hate and despise them. I almost feel as if Landa's speech about how Jews are like rats could almost be flipped to refer to how very few people have the capacity to sympathize with a Nazi.
>inb4 Nazi sympathizer
Am bean, so I'm pretty sure the Nazis wouldn't care much for my kind.

It really is
>built a nazi set just to set it on fire

is this Pearl Harbor? Looks good

>the ammount of reddit in this thread

kek what's this from?

fukkin source