So I just watched Logan yesterday and I couldn't help but notice how it was an allegory for the current situation in...

So I just watched Logan yesterday and I couldn't help but notice how it was an allegory for the current situation in America.

>people of non-white ethnicities ("muties") being rounded up (and deported) for being different
>literally have to run across the border to Canada to escape the totalitarian regime of America

This movie was perfectly timed considering the current political climate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nxLrH5ydSMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh, and I almost forgot:
>American government thinks they know what's best for the country and literally poisons our food to ensure the extermination of anyone "different"

You forgot that the opening scene of the movie is a bunch of Mexican savages that Logan has no choice but to kill.

Please go back to Sup Forums you faggot.

Those are clearly meant to parallel Trump supporters. Barbarians who think they can do what they please just because their enemy (Logan) is a liberal.

Seriously though.

and?

I can safely say that Logan is the worst and most pointless film I have ever witnessed. It is a pathetic "slasher" flick that panders to our lowest and most voyeuristic, rubberneck instincts. It attempts to seduce the weakest, sickest, and most gladiatorial part of human nature. The part that yearns to view blood and gore when we drive by a car crash.

What's worse is that Logan brutally wastes some of the most extraordinary talents in the entertainment industry. Patrick Stewart, one of the most brilliant Shakespearean actors of our time, and Hugh Jackman one of the finest film and Broadway talents ever, have been paid lavishly to compromise their talents egregiously. The real tragedy of this film is to witness these two brilliant, and gifted actors sell their souls to the Hollywood cesspool, or is it Deadpool? The same pool that once spawned some powerful, ethical, inspirational, and entertaining CGI Marvel heroes. That pool has stagnated, and it starting to get putrid.

One decapitation and impaling after another, it also drags children into the psychotic slashing mayhem. As if it's not bad enough that adults could conceivably behave in such a way, to create heroic images of demonic bloodthirsty innocents is unconscionable.

The only comfort arising from this tasteless and gratuitous dung heap of mizzled gore is that Charles and Logan are finally shanked beyond repair. No more Wolverine, or Professor Charles Xavier. Thank God! My fear is that Marvel is simply making way for another generation of young actors to be proselytized for the sake of even more gruesome, sick, twisted and bloodthirsty voyeurism.

If I could get a refund for my ticket, and the popcorn, I would. Calling Logan a lame and insulting piece of crap would be too generous.

X-men has always been based on minorities since its inception.

OP clearly hasn't seen anything X-Men related. Discrimination is a central theme of the comics and the films.

Inception is an X-Men movie? What the fuck............

>villain who is trying to capture the illegal mexican immigrant children is a blond haired blue eyed man named Donald

kino

>not realizing X-Men has always been a metaphor for persecution and predjudice.

>rated R for strong brutal violence
>didn't like the gore
really snaps my synapses

HOLY SHIT

>has a robot hand
what did they mean by this?

>Mexican savages
be nice they are cartel and drug dealers and also rapist

...Yeah, I got nothing.

I felt so to. Didn't quite have the insightful political commentary that Batman v Superman did, but then it didn't need to, being a smaller, more character driven story. There was still a lot you couod insinuate about the world it was set in and some of it was fairly topical. The mutants in X-Men were always a pretty broad stand in for minorities of pretty much any kind so that was a logical thing to do.

What if Donald Trump is a mutant?

its controlled by russia. geez this is remedial stuff

What would his powers be?

Hardmode no wall related shit

Well, apparently he can eat literally anything and still live to old age, so maybe he's kind of like Logan?

Maybe he has black hole powers

No shit, it's fucking X-Men.
One of the reasons Marvel has to force diversity so hard is because X-Men WAS their diversity comic and they can't make precious movie money of it so they have to scramble to make up minority characters.

And yet, they haven't done any of that so-called diversity forcing in their films.

wow kath, that's very deep

Holy shit, I've never seen this movie. I had no idea it was so... on the nose.
youtube.com/watch?v=nxLrH5ydSMM

did you not watch Homecoming you fucking cuckold

>So I just watched Logan yesterday and I couldn't help but notice how it was an allegory for the current situation in America.

>people of non-white ethnicities ("muties") being rounded up (and deported) for being different
>literally have to run across the border to Canada to escape the totalitarian regime of America

>This movie was perfectly timed considering the current political climate.

What a gay ass post

>we don't want to leave the totalitarian regime of America
>but we have to escape the totalitarian regime of America

Pretty much this. Any ideas of this movie was some sort of SJW pandering was immediately thrown out the window when Logan fucking ravaged the gangbangers and got no negative repercussions from it whatsoever. The robot-hand guy from Narcos pretty much pats him on the back for it.
>The Mexican criminals that Trump wants to keep out are supposed to be Trump supporters
kek

I can't even tell if this post is alt right or radical left wing.

you really are a faggot, aren't ya?

Or maybe it's just objective with no political ulterior motive.

>cat licks the frozen tea
What did they mean by this?

How in anyway could someone objectively look at the situation in the US and think we are rounding up minorities for deportation

Alt right false-flag/concern trolling. Been getting more and more on Sup Forums recently.

Not that it matters, both groups are a shower of cunts fucking up everything they touch.

Is this copy pasta?

A pointless scene forced in purely to obscure the blatantly left-wing propaganda piece that is the rest of the movie.

Dumb nigga

>racism
What the fuck..............

>ICE squads are literally a thing
Are you actually retarded or just pretending to be?

>f-bomb
What the fuck.......
oh wait

Deporting illegal immigrants and deporting minorities blindly are not even close to the same thing and acting like they are is just intellectually dishonest

>Logan
FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT CASTRATED BALLS DICK - Patrick Stewart

Telling on you stupid niggers for swearing

Let's test your theory. Mutants are deadly. The biggest supporter of mutant rights killed everyone he cared about. They assaulted and robbed a store clerk. Almost killed an entire hotel. No way babies survived that kind of psychic attack. Got an innocent black family killed. Stole a guy's truck and crashed it. Now Canada's problem. You are right. Build the wall.

The X-Men comics have been doing that since the 60's, it has nothing to do with Trump.

>literally

Opinion discarded.

>Hollywood cesspool, or is it Deadpool?
gottem

snitches get stitches my colorful compadre

And it was all because Charles was poisoned by the government. So fuck you. Government is a poison upon this country.

Has Trump ever called himself thin?

Yes, indeed.

>muh govmint and monsanto conspiracy
the only conspiracy is the open collusion of the two and their love of fucking corn

People get dementia. The fucker was old as shit in the first movie, how many years have passed by Logan? He must be pushing 100.

>racism
Obama deported over a million illegals during his 8 years. That is an objective fact.

I am too lazy to google it but I swear it is true. A million people...

>government is a poison on this country

I cant tell if you are full on antifa or full on white national but either way you are delusional and completely retarded

He specifically says he's a nonagenarian in the movie. Since this is Sup Forums and you probably don't know what that means, it means he's in his 90s.

Coming from the guy who can't spell can't.

This is perfect bait, I literally can't stop my self replying.

Cool.

>A million people...
Sounds much, but it isn`t. A million people is born in Africa in one week.

>5 minutes into western and chill when she gives you this look

That "Shane" movie any good?
Shit, I just realized.
>both movie titles is just name of character

>the first time Laura smiles is when she sees a black teenager, clearly attracted to him

you're right op, this movie IS an allegory for the current situation in america where every girl gets BLACKED left and right

What the fuck? First time she smiles is when she's looking at Professor X, idiot.

that's because he's a old creep who used his power to influence laura

first real genuine interaction was with a black teenager that she was attracted to.

I'm starting to think you didn't actually watch this movie.

professor x made more damage than the villains in the movie. it's a fact.

It's like BvS without the substance.

Logan has far more substance than BvS.

Logan's "substance" boils down to painting a bizzare Trump dystopia where pointing out Logan is old and weak is supposed to be somehow meaningful and deconstructive. And then he points at comics and says they're not real and we get to see a western film that points this out too.

Bravo!

Did they only give the girl two claws because it was too hard to draw three on her tiny hands?

No, X-23 has always had two claws in the comics.

I liked the movie, but it definitely feels way overhyped. The stuff about fighting himself as some metaphor for his past troubles is so cheap. None of the villains were good.Even the final fight seems so lackluster despite all these killer mutants.

they should cast her for older x23

I don't know who that is but I just want them to do more movies with the gorgeous loli they cast before she gets too old. Which I imagine they will since Logan was such a huge success. Really looking forward to more loli kino.

Yeah, I was slightly disappointed after all the hype, but it was still mostly pretty good. I expected it to make me cry at the end but it didn't. Wasn't handled in as emotional a way as I would have liked. Meanwhile I watched Braveheart recently and that ending got me weepy.

look at that chubby fucker run
I lol every time

What are some other movies with loli kino?

The Last of Us, AKA Logan: The Videogame

1. He said movie, not ladder climbing simulator.
2. Ellie is not young enough.

Logan was such a shit flick, fucking terrible script and editing.

But naturally people love it because it's an R-rated superhero movie with tons of feel old yet?'s

>capeshit
>substance
Snyderfags need to die.

Nah.

We get it, you're still trying this hard to reduce an entire genre to MCU levels of garbage. I'll give it to Fox, atleast they dared something new with Logan. MCU is awful cinema in comparison. I wish it was Fox owning Marvel and not Disney.

All capeshits are for faggots. Logan is fucking shit too. Manchildren like you need to die so good movies for actual people can be made. Go to the nearest balcony and jump.

You are an ape fashioning yourself a fine taster.

It licks the frozen tea because it cut itself on Wolverine's claw earlier (when he retracts them as the family comes home). It's a metaphor for healing after a rough first encounter of something new and different, and it shows us that a cold, thought-out response is better than a hot-headed emotional response, and the ice power shows that the minority of strangers are the way to this healing.

X-men movie a deep. A DEEP.

Uh oh, the two lovers have shown up in this thread. It's all downhill from here.

You think BvS has substances. You are the true shit eater.

It's literally Children of Men but worse.

the last of us is miles better than those 2 nigga

t. CinemaSins

It made more money than Children of Men so fuck Children of Men. Cuaron is a hack who has made a grand total of one good movie in his entire career.

>So I have my head firmly planted inside my own asshole and I'm incapable of seeing anything in any terms that don't reflect my identified political alignment, and I watched a movie that I felt reflected my political opinions!

>88 replies and 11 images omitted

Let us all take a moment to thank apple for bringing all of these intelligent, thoughtful, creative, and discerning individuals to the internet.

I didn't think that at all.

Even though Logan has a very capeshit-tier ending with Logan running off to save the kids, the final ending is kino whereas Children of Men has an awful ending but everything leading up to the ending is good.

>I didn't think
Fixed.
*clears throat*
Pleb.

>and gifted actors sell their souls to the Hollywood cesspool, or is it Deadpool? The same pool that once spawned some powerful, ethical, inspirational, and entertaining CGI Marvel heroes.
VERY nice pasta bait.