Whatever happened to the Ted the Caver movie?

Whatever happened to the Ted the Caver movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Descent_(film)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoosac_Tunnel
imdb.com/title/tt2100573/
youtube.com/watch?v=x79MW1gWtJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>caving

>it's a one thread spurs an user to make another thread episode

>that guy inches away from drowning center right

why why why why why

why

>muffled screaming underwater
i thought it was called spelunking

>On November 24, 2009, John Edward Jones died after becoming trapped in the cave for 28 hours.[4] Rescuers concluded that it would be too dangerous to attempt to retrieve his body; the landowner and Jones' family came to an agreement that the cave should be permanently closed with the body sealed inside.[4] A film about the tragedy called The Last Descent was released on September 16, 2016.

I was going to ask if this would be made into a movie, but then found it had been
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Descent_(film)

>White People

the only disappointing thing about caving is there is no raw clear video of someone being stuck and dieing or freaking

Adventure

The idea you cannot possibly die from getting stuck in a crevice in the year of our lord 2017

Most adventure/adrenaline though, same reason fire fighters do it. There are easier ways to make bank.

its actually comfy as fuck irl
>you will never have a cave waifu who hugs you tight from all sides

Is there a more overrated story than ted the caver?

>dude claustrophobia lmao
>dude weird feeling lmao
>dude NO ENDING lmao

it got 'stuck' in production i guess

>tragedy
play stupid games, win stupid prizes

A FUCKING PILLOW

That's one of the worst ways to die I could possibly imagine

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoosac_Tunnel

>Deadly accidents during construction killed 193 workers, leading the survivors to dub the Tunnel the "Bloody Pit".
>Among the deadliest incidents was the horrendous Central Shaft accident. On October 17, 1867, workers were digging the tunnel's 1,028-foot (313 m) vertical exhaust shaft when a candle in the hoist building ignited naphtha fumes that had leaked from a "Gasometer" lamp.[7] The ensuing explosion set the hoist on fire, and it collapsed into the shaft. Four men near the top of the shaft escaped, but 13 men working 538 feet (164 m) below were trapped by falling naphtha and pieces of iron. The pumps were also destroyed, and the shaft began to fill with water. A worker named Mallory was lowered into the shaft by rope the next day; he was overcome by fumes and reported no survivors, and no further rescue attempts were made. Several months later, workers reached the shaft's bottom and found that several victims had survived long enough to fashion a raft before suffocating.

Adaptation when?

jesus christ

>Nutty Putty Cave
Doesn't sound like a very nice place to die.

What about being torn to pieces by hungry dogs

or being strapped to a table and having your least favorite racial minority slowly cut pieces of flesh from your body but cauterize the wounds so you won't bleed out

they take your nuts too, before you go mad.

How many of them never escaped from he bowels of the earth?

A couple.

Well obviously those wouldn't be ideal but in the end it's just pain. Being trapped in a tiny space upside down and completely unable to move, knowing they can't get me out and it's pretty much just a ticking clock until my body shuts down? I have mild claustrophobic and would probably have a complete mental breakdown

>tfw too fat to ever do any of this

Man I remember reading that for the first time back in '06 in my bed. Shit spooked me

this is why slaves were a good idea

>>dude NO ENDING lmao

It's based off a short story in which there is an ending. It's some stupid magic shit with monsters or something from what I remember. I dunno.

Theres an IMDB page for it, but no reviews.

Weird.

imdb.com/title/tt2100573/

Correction: Apparently someone wrote a story based off the pasta, and then passed it off as something written in the 80s for some reason.

This is why I prefer heights.

>In 1994, while helping a team prepare for a dive, Deon Dreyer died on ascent at a depth of 50 metres (164 ft).[2][4][5] Dreyer's body remained in the cave until being discovered ten years later at a depth of 270 metres (886 ft) by renowned cave diver David Shaw.

>On 8 January 2005, David Shaw died while attempting to recover Dreyer's body. (Shaw's close friend and support diver, Don Shirley, nearly died as well and was left with permanent ear damage that has impaired his balance.[2])

white people explore caves

black people live in them

Ive been in this situation. It actual feels comfortable since you feel like you have a shell around you.

the description of the executions that happened at the end of this podcast episode are pretty brutal, basically they strap the victim to a pole and slowly tear away at their flesh with red hot iron claws

youtube.com/watch?v=x79MW1gWtJ8

btw this is the best hardcore history episode and could easily be turned into an HBO series

we've had passes since 2012?

>it's a newfag doesn't know caving threads are a Sup Forums staple episodekino

>4.5 hours
kind of long for a fat voice

Nah, Negroes didn't need caves, because they got everything handed to them on the plains of Africa.

Euros often needed them in bad winters and such early on.

>'stuck'
>''
reddit

yeah I mean I know I sound like a shill but honest to god I thought the same thing and I ended up listening to every single episode, I've never heard a podcast this good

If he was upside down he would have blanked out. There's worse ways to die. You think you wont go insane from a guy torturing you for weeks ?

>newfag

what is this epic new meme?

So this is basically what guys with a giantess fetish dream about?

Ten bloody years. What would be left of his body after that much time underwater?

thanks i have claustrophobia now you jerk

>terrified of heights
>terrified of depths

I remember reading a good story here many years ago, about some guy that finds a secret passage that takes ages to squeeze into and out of, finds some signs of old civilization, leaves and comes back a few times. Eventually something gets him coz it takes him so long to squeeze out.

>all caving is doing full retard stuff like that

>.m

>tfw love the ocean
>want to swim in it without a care in the world
>actually see the ocean
>at any moment some shape of a giant predatory fish could emerge from the murky water making a slow but steady beeline toward you

I think it got stuck between a rock and a hard place.

came here to post this

>squeezing yourself into as tight of a space as possible underground for no other reason than for leisure

comfy caving