This is this movie:

>First he conquered one place
>Then another
>and then another
>then he fucked a woman
>then he conquered some more
>and more
>then he fucked a guy
>then he tried to conquer another place, only he couldn't, because it rained too much and there were snakes
>then he died of disease

What did you like about this movie, OP? It's boring as hell

Also Colin Farrell's hair looks funny because of how bad it is and I don't know why there's an intermission in a 3 hour movie

>has one good movie his entire career

yikes

>Alexander.

>wtf I just finished watching this and it was great.

> Alexander was great.

> Alexander The Great.

You're a really funny guy aren't you OP

I have the 3 hour version on physical copy.
The movie is ok historically not accurate but ok(that gay scene lmao),people just looked for action or something.

>physical copy

So what, you need to buy a box or some shelving to store it?

No just some special edition that I snatched locally when the movie released.

It's a potentially good movie ruined by poor casting. Individually speaking, it is full of good actors, but very few of them feel like they are in a right movie

It's shit, even the battles that should redeem it are terrible, the only good thing is Rosario Dawson

Its crap. This coming from history buff who likes almost every historical movie.

shut up

>The movie is ok historically not accurate

Its actually pretty fucking good, one of THE most historically accurate films, if you judge it by hollywood standards. The armor and clothing looks great, mostly, they wear linothorax, breastplates, thracian and boetian helmets e.t.c. Now sure there were mistakes but it looks well handled for a hollywood movie.The things that bothered me were things like

>Come on Macedonians
>FOR GREECE

Not even entering the "were the Macedonians Greek debate" but the Macedonians would only fight for their home or King, not a concept of Greece that didn't even exist back then, its a confusing mess.

I think Macedonians are historically from the fall of the macedonian empire sworn enemy with every single country around them and people always try to get rid of them,colonized for centuries,give them another identity by calling them slavs which is ridiculous but what do you expect from communism and now calling them Ex Yugo Republic or some shit.
For some reason they still exist even if its a handful of land,hoping some day his grave will discovered so they set things straight once and for all.

He has six good movies
Salvador
Wall Street
Platoon
Born on the 4th of July
JFK
Talk Radio

>hoping some day his grave will discovered so they set things straight once and for all
Imagine being this wrong. Sup Forums don't want you user, so you migrated here?

Sorry I don't jump to assumptions such as yourself.

Literally LITERALLY none of those are "good".

I liked the doors when it came out.

>thinking macedonians were not greeks
>thinking that people currently living on that piece of land called Macedonia have any connection to ancient people who were calling themselves macedonians
Sure bud, I see you are a man of factual truth

Its not based on wikipedia articles so w/e/

>>thinking macedonians were not greeks

Not him but they weren't, they were barbarians larping as Greeks. They were hellenized by the time of Alexander but they weren't ethnically Greek.

>inb4 same pantheon, language, culture

Which are all more a less wrong, the pantheons were shared by many peoples, even the Illyrians and Thracians, there are Greek gods as far as Arabia, the Macedonians had a distinct language that we have no knowledge about, the Macedonians had a distinct culture before they were hellenized, and most importantly EVERYTHING we know about them was written by the Greeks, who made them THE GREEKS only after Alexander spread Hellenism throughout the world, before that the Macedonians were hated as barbarian tyrants.

>Darius’ Greeks fought to thrust the Macedonians back into the water and save the day for their left wing, already in retreat, while the Macedonians, in their turn, with Alexander’s triumph plain before their eyes, were determined to equal his success and not forfeit the proud title of invincible, hitherto universally bestowed upon them. The fight was further embittered by the old racial rivalry of Greek and Macedonian. [p.119]

Arrian

>>thinking that people currently living on that piece of land called Macedonia have any connection to ancient people who were calling themselves macedonians

This is me but i do agree with you the modern Macedonians (And Greeks for that matter) have no connection to the ancient people who lived there thousands of years ago.

Let's not forget he wrote fucking Conan.

>people actually with 300 years of existence debate over sovereignty on two very old nations
yeah sure its summer here