The Killing Joke Movie Ending

youtube.com/watch?v=l3DWn2OPwvM

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wu29pEuuVg8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So Batman killed him in this one too?

totes

Wow. How did they fuck up this bad, the animation awful, the art awful, the voice acting awful.
What happened?

Director directs for shit apparently.

Wow the voice acting in that was super awkward. I always imagined Batman talking with urgency, and the Joker almost on the verge of tears as he told the joke

>no rain
>no police sirens
>no headlights
Why have a animated movie if you're going to butcher all the scenes like that? They didn't add anything, they took it away. I'd rather have the movie without the prolougue if it meant they'd use the extra dosh to complete the scenes. It's like they expected Conroy and Hamil's voice acting to carry a visual experience.

>Director directs for shit apparently.
I dunno its starts to feel like alan moore had a damn point about adapting comics to another medium with this.
Holy shit is this bad.

The comic definitely had more implications with the shadows and disappearing light.

they just edited with the dialogue far too much, not to mention having no direction whatsoever with the voice acting and animation queues.

its like they just gathered the two iconic voice actors to read the script and thats it

A Sam Liu Joint

I didn't think that Batman killed him in the comics. Maybe I'm naive because the comic is called The Killing Joke, but Gordon wanted Joker brought in by the books. I didn't think Batman would blatantly defy his request by killing Joker.

It's been awhile was the court room scene in the graphic novel because I liked it

SOILED IT! SOILED IT! SOILED IT! SOILED IT! SOILED IT!

Why are people so upset over the sex scene?

Plus that whole speech Bat gave the joker on how he can't crack Gordon and they aren't murderers like he is. That wouldn't make much sense if he just kills him right after saying that.

>I didn't think that Batman killed him in the comics. Maybe I'm naive because the comic is called The Killing Joke, but Gordon wanted Joker brought in by the books. I didn't think Batman would blatantly defy his request by killing Joker.
Yes and no. Batman went to confront joker about how they were basically fated to destroy on another at the start. He gives joker another chance at the end and joker basically rebuffs it again.
So that's three strikes really, the first being that batman brought him in without killing him the first time.
So when you get to the end the question is if batman breaks from the realization of the inevitable, which is why he might've killed him.

Because Babs in modern continuity is closer to Dick's age and dates him so some people think it's weird. Also SJWs who never read comic wanted Babs to be a strong independent woman who didn't need no Batman

With whom? Tell me it's not just some random guy thrown in because "yay modern women"

I liked the movie. I'm not a big fan of capeshit but I heard so many people hyping the shit out of the Killing Joke so I gave it a shot and it kept my interest. I give it a 8/10

To be honest, the joke is actually pretty funny.

Bruce
It's all over the internet, as well as the whole movie, go watch it, sorry for spoilers.

Have you read the comic?

Barbara has sex with Bruce

Don't get me wrong. It's brilliant writing, and I understand why some people think that he did kill him, but I didn't the first time I read it.

RTFC

Maybe we can finally not have Conroy and Hamill do this anymore.

You can say that Batman is keeping it in the family.

Is it so fucking hard to remain faithful to a comic?

>Don't get me wrong. It's brilliant writing, and I understand why some people think that he did kill him, but I didn't the first time I read it.
Well that's why its a good book, it leaves quite a bit of things up to the reader to work out, and it gives you the leeway to decide.
Good works of art have subjective material in them.

So gordon told me not to do it and I actually didn't

That actually wasn't bad. I don't see why Sup Forums hates this so much.

I've always liked Bruce/Babs.

I haven't read the comic myself but I seen a few Youtube videos of people giving an overview of the comic. It looked really cool I may read it myself one day but this movie was pretty good to me

It skeeved me out because It's basically the same thing as have him fuck Tim Drake or Dick.

virgins get mad when their fictional heroes fuck.

Rumor was that B. Timm added it in since he was involved and thats his like, OTP or something.

I thought that sex scene was initially there to show that Bruce was into Babs and he'd go ham after Joker attacks Babs but Bruce remains pretty calm throughout everything pretty much.

it's adapted word by word so you don't really need to now. The only thing different is there's a police headlights in the background at the end in the comic.

For people who read the comic and really enjoyed it, its easier to be more critical of the cartoon adaptation. It isn't terrible by any stretch but I think it gets rid of some of the intensity in the comic, and at the same time adds some unnecessary stuff (like Babs being a bitch to that random guy and tossing him for no reason)

I actually don't think the sex scene itself was terrible it just felt unnecessary because it didn't affect the plot really. Its not like they slept together and that made her act in a way that got her 'caught' by the Joker or whatever, so it doesn't add anything imo.

except it is

Bruce Timm made a comic where Bruce fucking knocked her up while she was still dating Dick but she lost it when a random goon sucker punched her in the stomach causing Dick to realize Bruce literally cucked him

The moore i think about it, the moore i think they did a pretty good job, the prolouge adds the looming threat of whats coming, instead of bam! Thats it! Discard babs and move along.
the art style was ass though, It would've been better if it was btas style, though I think the general public would've been more weirded out seeing their cartoon version they grew up with obliterate babs with btas joker, the scene would've made a bigger impact with those well known designs, imo.
Them trying to capture the original style felt flat with the budget they had, maybe if it had the budget of Mask of The Phantasm, it would've been perfect...and if it did had the budget of phantasm, then I don't know what the hell where they doing with it, cause I seriously doubt it all went on voice actors, I know mark is hot right now but not that! Hot.

lol

Post the pages

Do they get married after this?

I don't have all of them but I have some of them

Sssssnaaaake eateeeeer

This arc was shit and pretty fucked up too.

Man, I've tears in my eyes

>batman fucked batgirl
why timm

he's always had a boner for the pairing. fucking shippers. what don't they ruin?

this is the only other one I have

but basically she walks home one night and tried to stop a mugging but she gets a pregnancy pain and the goon hurts her enough to miscarriage

anyone has that webm where babs is walking and overhears a couple arguing about something and she proceeds to beat up the guy?

I can't believe Marvel is churning out that trashy secret wars animated thing instead of something with some effort put in. This is their chance to get a foothold in the cartoon department while DC keeps shitting the bed with garbage like this and the New 52 adaptations.

This actually really doesn't work in anything except the comic. As much as I dislike Moore's "It was written for comics and can't be translated to other mediums" schtick, he's right. Because all the laughter is in text, and the sirens going EEEEEE are overlayed on the same panel, and the silhouette of batman holding (or killing) the joker, its hard to tell whether they're both laughing together, or batman is strangling joker while joker screams or something. In the animation, as good as the voice acting is, they don't have that purposeful uncertainty, and in the end they opted to have batman alone laughing, which is a lot more definitive than the comic, even if it is a little uncertain. Also, they left out the police car lights, which is a shame, because thats one thing that could have been translated well into a movie. I like the movie, but it loses a lot of the very comic medium specific things that Moore did, which is a shame. Kinda the same problem that watchmen had.

Let's all be honest, if we were as influential and successful as Bruce Timm is, we all would put our OTPs/Fetishes into whatever work we were working on

agreed

>No headlights turning off like in the joke
>Laughter isn't drowned out by siren

how do you fuck up that bad

I see Damien takes after his father, maybe they should rename him Dick to soften the blow.

Same. Joker was having trouble getting the joke out, stumbling over his words. It felt like he just went back into joke mode as a desperate defense reflex.

They fucked it up.

did robin checked if she's pregnet?

Sure, but more Dini than Timm. Find your waifu in real life and marry her so it doesn't spill too much into your work.

But it's fine, its not a fetish, they're two people who ruined something good by having sex, its perfectly believable and great conflict, I just wish it was fleshed out more, like a TV series.

Or hire a prostitute that looks like your waifu and tell her to put on the same mask your waifu wears.

Yes, I don't think his OTP is that harmful, just his storylines for it

Wow. 0 atmosphere.
I already knew the animation was going to be shit. But where's the fucking pacing in jokers final joke. Where's the emotion, it just sounds like they were reading off their lines.
Whoever directed this should be fired

So, who did the Gordon tunnel of love torture monologue better? Hamill or Baker?

Sam Liu
He's done a lot of these DCA films

Baker is a hack

You didn't answer my question.

I enjoyed it, Hamil in particular. Conroy didn't really seem to care at all. The headlights were missing, but cutting the Joker's laugh had a similar effect at least. I don't expect much from these DC movies, and that really helps a lot.

Neither
Your head and how you read it the first time.

Posted in another thread but I need to reiterate the fact that the deluxe edition coloring for Killing Joke is shit

Is the deluxe edition where its monochrome except for red?

Yep, everything is completely desaturated and gray.

but in batman beyond barbara say that they use to date, even terry freaks for a moment

>there will never be a Killing Joke movie that looks like the Batman Zeller's commercials
youtu.be/Wu29pEuuVg8

It even has the Brian Bolland coloring for god's sake.

Pretty much.

>thinking SJW's care about facts that don't support their delusions

Just watched it.
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MESS UP THIS BAD?
I know its wrong to compare the art quality to the comic but the whole thing looks flat and boring.
The first and very last segment was unnecessary and made it to look like the whole story was all about Barbara instead of Batman/Joker and felt like nothing but filler.
They completely botched the transitions between the past/present
The VA was mostly horrible, with most of the important lines delivered flatly
They completely cut out the Joker's monologue about the average man and instead replaced with a generic fight between Batman and the freaks
And of course, the ending
What the fuck man. When I heard Conroy and Hamill were on board I was hype as fuck.

>yfw the leaked version was an unfinished version from 6 months ago

>that btas batmobile hybrid
>that woman painting with btas art style when paris is talking on the phone at the club
>that jester face from btas at the carnival
>laughing fish on his bat computer
Hnnng

>that Heath ledger joker on bat computer
>that busted robin

>not having BruDick as your OTP
bro

Oh...so I have something to look forward to, if it's true.
Any notable differences?

He was making an "if only" wishful thinking, not stating that as fact.

Oh...

but user, bruce's heart belongs to the joker.

Actually, Batman kills the Joker, and that's why is called de Killing Joke.
With the speach of Batman to help the Joker and go forward try to resemble with the Joker's joke.
Bruce started to laugh because it was true. And that's why in the comic at the last panels that is a light and then shuts down, resebling the joke

For fuck's sake, they didn't have sex, they only made out

I imagined the musical number differently in my head.

And then fucked.
And then talked over phone about how they fucked.

I liked it but I wanted to love it. I guess its just due to the way I read it in my head and thats just extremely hard to put it on film for someone that isn't in there.

Watching it now and god this Batgirl part is lasting forever and sucks hardcore. Even ignoring the sex, this is terrible. I'm ready for the fan edit to fix this up.

He only put his penis inside her redheaded vagina and then she said it was just sex.

They were only making out without clothes and then she was only pretending to yell at him about how "it's just sex, it doesn't mean anything"?

Joker doesn't state that the gun is empty, that seems like such a strange omission, I feel that line really push Bruce to offer him help in the book.
The lack of rain, wind or any kind of real weather is killing me as well, that gave a since of omen, like a major chance at change was to take place. Also the lack of oncoming headlights from the police, that gave a sense of suspense with Bat's offer to Joker, that it was a small window for Joker to choose what road to take. Another note I take issue with is how the joke was played, in the comic Joker told the joke mostly standing in place showing arm and head movements giving a sense of the manic to the joke, like he can't hold it together. In the film it just feels he performing a bit, walking around and being way to showy with his joke as if he rehearsed it all night, I feel the punch line was rush as well, there should have been a generous pause between "what are you Crazy?" and "You'll turn it off..." Also the laugh take between both of them was short and weak, it should have been unsettling long of the two of them laughing to give an uneasy feeling like the book did.

The lack of light going out is doubly awful.
1. it makes his joke no where near as profound
2. it doesn't give the same sense of hopelessness, fuck the whole "did he kill him?" let's think on the broader narrative, that light going out was the last chance of hope that anything would ever change, that Bat-man's belief at the start of the book is all that's left, that in the end, where it be that very moment or years onward, the only way their story was going to end is one of them the killing the other.

It's such an insult to the original it almost hurts to watch

This seems like such a hack job but looking at the team that made it makes me wonder if there was some monkey paw wish made years ago that DC would be more relevant in media.

It was shit when it happened then too.

it looked like blood on the ground in the original which confused a lot of people, they needed to recolor it.

I guess people could get confused, if they were retarded. The recolor was unnecessary and only detrimental.

Pretty funny joke.

So at the risk of sounding like an idiot, can someone explain the ending of this story for me? I've read the comic, watch the movie, and read analysis and I just can't rap my mind around the ending. Some say Bats kills the joker others that it just a display of how crazy batman is, but the ending itself just doesn't make sense to me

Nah that was this animated film. More people will be exposed to that and it will hurt the story, people will not understand why this garbage got such praise.