"And the Gods hurl thunderbolts.."

Why is the DCEU so poetically Kino?
>beings like kryptonians already uber
>ancient witches like enchantress could potentially wipe out the world
>Doomsday was nigh unstoppable
>Literal God of War was only taken out by his own power

With the heroes already being massively powerful and the villains just getting stronger..how powerful will Steppenwolf be? To challenge Supes, WW and FLASH?

What about Darkseid? Getting into DBZ territory with powerscaling being all over the place

The directors at DC are on a higher plain of thinking. In the end, they will always succeed.

the greek gods in the dc universe literally cannot be permanently killed. they can be weakened or temporarily destroyed but they always come back.

not sure if all the new gods also have this ability but darkseid himself is actually unkillable. you could disintegrate him to composite atoms and he would regenerate.

I'd love to see hades in the WW sequel. Fuck they should have teased him at the end

>God of War is a wizard

Don't forget, Kara potentially being the equivalent of a 2001 monolith to mankind. She pushed mankind into an evolutionary turning point and Superman is the next step in that paradigm shift. Star Child alive among us.

>Literal God of War was only taken out by his own power

even though supposedly Diana is the Godkiller who can kill Gods...... but only with his power......... which is lightning bolts even though that's Zeus's power

Doomsday is supposed to be unkillable too, as long as there is a single atom remaining of him he can reconstitute himself.

Snyder will go all out on the Satan imagery. I think it could be a good way to distinguish Darkseid from other villains.

This thread is a good kek, thanks.

I'm still unclear why he could use thunder and why wondy causes explosions by crossing her forearms

I like how they treat their films generally like actual films instead of "just capeshit" but it can be very hit or miss

DC A-list heroes have always been like gods in the comics, unlike the Avengers in their own comics, which is all over the place.

They're building the universe with space threats in mind (Darkseid, Brainiac, Yellow / Red / Black lanterns, Parallax, Dominus, Mongul, Lobo, etc) and god tier magic users (Olympian Gods, Black Adam, Etrigan, etc)

Found this Alex Ross quote. The inspirational sources to DCEU Superman are clear.

>America trying to "fix" anything
Like they fixed Middle East, am I right?

I'm betting the Greek pantheon is chilling in Tartarus right now. I also think there's more to their absence than Diana's bedtime stories.

We already know that other pantheons were real, too, considering that Diablo was clearly the avatar of some Mayan/Aztec deity.

When he "killed" the others, he assumed their power. With him gone, all that power's just waiting for individuals to tap into it in some way. A lot of those individuals are going to be called metahumans, echoes of the gods.

Jupiter
Venus
Mercury
Neptune
Which god is batman tho?

Superman = Zeus
Batman = hades
Aquaman = Poseidon
Flash = Hermes

Well it's definitely not an easy thing intervening in a foreign (often primitive) country hoping they'll reach the same enlightment as you do ny a display of force of arms.

Wonder Woman was legit good. I loved it