who will portray this in the inevitable historical epic

also, post historical events that should be made into movies

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0120538
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>eaten

what the h*ck

>wiki

i really want to see a movie about the Opium War but because Hollywood is trying to pander to China and the Opium War is a major source of butthurt for them I doubt it would get made, and even if it did it would just portray the British as evil caricatures.

Fund it!

Man is there no movie about that? I liked the conquistador segments in The Fountain

Relevant to this thread.

>just portray the British as evil caricatures.
>implying that wouldnt be accurate

Depends on how much ammo the marines have.

If they have infinite ammo they could make it.

Tom Cruise as the Samurai warrior, Keanu Reeves as the Yan leader, Lawrence Fishburn as the Japanese immigrant and Morgan Freeman doing the voice over

>eaten
wtf?

why?

the merchants definitely, but they weren't just British. the diplomats and soldiers were just doing their job, and many of them were sympathetic to the Chinese.

>the diplomats and soldiers were just doing their job, and many of them were sympathetic to the Chinese.
>mindlessly dying for the Eternal Anglo like sheep is "just doung their job"

Normal loadout?

(Yin Ziqi had besieged the city for a long time. The food in the city had run out. The dwellers traded their children to eat and cooked bodies of the dead. Fears were spread and worse situations were expected. At this time, Zhang Xun took his concubine out and killed her in front of his soldiers in order to feed them. He said, "You have been working hard at protecting this city for the country wholeheartedly. Your loyalty is uncompromised despite the long-lasting hunger. Since I can't cut out my own flesh to feed you, how can I keep this woman and just ignore the dangerous situation?" All the soldiers cried, and they did not want to eat. Zhang Xun ordered them to eat the flesh. Afterwards, they caught the women in the city. After the women were run out, they turned to old and young males. 20,000 to 30,000 people were eaten. People always remained loyal.)

(After the city was besieged for a long time, at the beginning, the horses were eaten. After horses ran out, they turned to the women, the old, and the young. 30,000 people in total were eaten. People knew their death was close, and nobody rebelled. When the city fell, only 400 people were left.)

>implying many of them died
>muh Eternal Anglo, implying the French, Dutch, and Portuguese didn't support the war.

With a normal loadout their ammo will run out after 1-2 engagements and then they're fucked.

Due to superior tactical training they might hold out for a while and use guerrilla tactics to raid for supplies but they'll get worn down if they're going against the entire british army in the region.

>dude they like ate each other shit was off chops
Sounds legit.

That's amazing.

>I liked the conquistador segments in The Fountain
there was a lot more of that and huge battles in the first, big-budget version of the fountain (the one starring brad pitt) that was shut down shortly before filming began.

China is going to take a looooooong time to become democratic.

theres a movie from 1997

imdb.com/title/tt0120538

The British were supervillain-tier evil during that whole period of time. You can hardly fault modern China's diplomatic stance and foreign policy if you learn the history.

>want tea, silk, and fine china
>trade them in silver for goods
>run out of funds due to fighting a war in India
>subvert the terms of the contract by getting local populace hooked on opium
>Chinese government tries to stop the illegal flow of drugs into country and instead get invaded by the British with Hong Kong seized

Oh and that's just one account.

>spread Christianity via 'missionaries' that are little more than glorified spies to China
>these 'missionaries' end up stealing silkworms, Chinese tech like printing, tea making, and ceramics technology to be able to make teacups that won't crack when boiling water is poured into it
>but that's still ok, the worst part is the missionaries are spreading radical beliefs, leading to a self-proclaimed Chinese Jesus who starts a Taiping Rebellion against the government in a civil war leading to 20 to 30 million dead
>Boxer Rebellion a few decades later starts as a counter movement against these 'Christians'
>Eight countries, EIGHT COUNTRIES declare war on China because of this, consisting of the UK, Russia, France, Japan, Germany, US, Austria-Hungary and Italy
>further continue to rob China of their wealth
>robbing continues well until the Chinese civil war, with the ROC funneling much of China's wealth out of the country (purportedly to the west)

Yea if I were China I'd be fucking pissed too.

Ok but do it from the ottoman viewpoint.

Everyone loves an underdog story, though.

Medieval politics are sucha clusterfuck, wish we had more high tier series about it

wtf I love Venice now.

Depends. Are the Marines sent back in time or are the Redcoats sent forward in time?

>Emu War.jpg

Were Venetians the original Jews?

democracy is a failure anyway