Sleazecore

Just watched pic related last night and I want some more sleazy, ugly movies. I'm thinking of stuff along the lines of Taxi Driver, early Gaspar Noe stuff, Videodrome, etc. Bleak, dirty environments populated by social isolates, fringe subcultures, sexual miscreants, etc. That might be vague but make of it what you will.

Naked?

The Devils (1971)
Scum (1980)

My name is Big Dick Black

>Scum (1980)
This is Alan Clarke? Weird. I've seen Penda's Fen and wouldn't expect something like this.

requiem for a dream?

these look good, thanks.

somehow I've never seen this, but yeah, probably.

totally fucked up
the doom generation

Spun

Serpico

any crime movie set in 70s/80s New York basically

>basically

New York ripper

forgot about Maniac as well.

>Fight club and Se7en obviously
>Gone baby gone
>8mm

bad lieutenant (abel ferrara)
killing of a chinese bookie
mikey and nicky
to live and die in la (despite the 80s reckless cop/rookie cop setup in a bright city, friedkin manages to avoid tons of buddy cop cliches and make a really bleak film out of it. friedkin also did cruising a few years earlier)

a lot of them aren't actually good though, most of it is low-budget schlock (though, i guess you could consider them sleazy because of the whole context of the decade they were made in)

See if you can hunt down a movie called Amor Bandido and let me know when you find it.

Amor Bandido is exactly what you want.

forgot to mention mean streets

this is pretty sleazy .
I love Grimy flicks. It seems like modern films can't really get the whole "slimy" quality of films of the 70s-80s
Maybe its just the film quality.

>Maybe its just the film quality.
Could be. I don't think something like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre could be as effective today (ignoring overall desensitization to violence) without the almost snuff film looking quality.

I'll see if I can find it.

thanks for all the recommendations, seems like some good shit.

any idea if there's a US DVD release of this? I don't have access to any fancy trackers and public torrents seem to be dead on this one. I can just grab the VHS for like $5 though.