/who/ - Doctor Who General

food machine edition

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7BfeMZMZpkw
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKM_LiHxLxow4fxKxaUEvpoWTvMdFGr7X4-rfIEl4dRm-k4A/viewform?usp=sf_link
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DOCTORS ARE NOT REQUIRED

I'M NOT A DOCTOR I'M THE DOCTOR
THE ORIGINAL YOU MIGHT SAY

Reminder.

kek

How have you been, poppin-user? What did you think of Missy's last scene?

I'm not the real poppin user, I just wanted to trigger some nostalgia

Then I do mind, and I'd rather you popped out.

Imposter.

I don't have that one saved :^(

Disgusting.

better color scheme than the actual prop

Did 12 ever actually use any of the sonic's other colours?

Also, can we expect another sonic redesign for 13?

reminder these were approved and then when they realized how awful they were they pretended they never happened and went back to the gold daleks

>DON'T FORGOT TO SUBSRIBE TO THE OFFICAL DOCTOR WHO YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Anyone else miss the silly Matt Smith bit at the end of each YouTube video?

Yes. They should've had Peter at least do some sort of skit with him using the sonic or something.
It really doesn't help that the way he reads that sentence is in the most boring tone imaginable.

Yes, I think we can expect everything to change. Intro, TARDIS interior, sonic, etc.

I wish they'd use these color schemes at some point.

He's gotta come back for Christmas. Right?

or at least these ones

not canon

THICC

All they had to do was keep roughly the same size and proportions (like not having that ridiculous hunchback), and the metallic paint in Asylum of the Daleks.

i like these daleks

doesn't mean they can't take inspiration for a color scheme, you cock.

Only blue and green iirc.

I said not canon

why are its lights so high up on its head

these are good, faglord

You might be a Doctor but I am THE Doctor. The definitive article, you might say.

C O R R E C T

ask terry nation

no need to be a cunt lad

I meant the Magician's Apprentice Dalek specifically

Because that's a Skaro Dalek, it's a direct reference to the initial design from 1963, only in color. The lights look like that because that's what they looked like.

Where's Edge, I wanted to ask them something

Also, anyone else annoyed that in the Tenth Planet ep4 animation, it animated the actual regeneration, when we still have that actual footage? Should have just faded into it IMO.

Same!

I know what the fucking Dead Planet Daleks looked like. I mean on that shite CG model recreation specifically, the lights are so high up that it looks like fucking Arthur

>I mean on that shite CG model recreation specifically, the lights are so high up that it looks like fucking Arthur
They're fine though. They look accurately placed for the original design. I don't know what the fuck you're on about.

friendly reminder this shot is GOAT

Imperial Daleks > Time War Daleks > original Daleks > Seventies Daleks > shit > New Paradigm

Walking through the doors for the TARDIS reveal is great, and it's a surprise they'd never done it that way before, but the cgi TARDIS at the start o that webm has not aged well.

clara should've been like this
youtube.com/watch?v=7BfeMZMZpkw

I forgot how shit Waterloo Road was.

That show was fun to watch in the sense of what crazy thing would happen this week.

>the caravan explosion episode.
>it is supposed to be set in a school.

WHO IS /WHO/?
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKM_LiHxLxow4fxKxaUEvpoWTvMdFGr7X4-rfIEl4dRm-k4A/viewform?usp=sf_link

Presenting /who/ general's demographic survey!

This is a broad, 14 question survey, asking questions about yourself (age, gender, etc.), your interest in Doctor Who (how long have you been watching, first series), and your involvement in /who/ (how long have you been here). Not all questions are required! I made this because I wanted to gauge the number of people who use /who/ frequently and how they compare to the demographics of the larger Doctor Who audience.

The survey can only be answered once per person, and after you take it you'll be shown the statistics of everybody else who answered it. Thank you guys except for cats so much!

Yeah, these shows always go over the top and it's hilarious.

Has anyone here watched The Dumping Ground? It's a show set in an orphanage, basically, and it's for kids. There's an episode where they find old grenades in the back garden, one of the kids pulls the pin out and they throw it out of the room just in time, but it bounces off the arse of a fat careworker and she gets put in hospital. Later in the episode this autistic kid gets really annoyed and pulls the pin on a grenade and threatens to throw it in this group of arguing kids.

Fucking weird.

God yes.
The Dumping Ground and the various spin offs.

The episode where lily goes crazy climbs onto the roof and falls off breaking her legs.

There was a semi-recent one where they do a competition where the kids have to make something new out of rubbish, and they have a couple down-syndrome kids in it now.

They also had Warwick Davis and his daughter in it, though we're supposed to believe they're not related.

i WAS answering your survey until your stupid gender question. fuck off with your shit

Oh I know. My Sister watches it but I end up laughing at how silly it is.

Yeah, it seems to be made to appeal to the younger audience.

>The form Who is /who/? is no longer accepting responses

If I might ask a favour, I don't suppose anyone here could upload the short clip of Nardole saying "This is naughty" to YouTube, could they? It'd be very useful.

I can't wait

So is the show good or not?

Why won't it let me input any responses? Only offers to show me the results

yeh sorry, cats posted it on reddit and it got ~100 answers, so i turned submissions off while i sort that out. give me like 5 minutes

do you get this triggered every time you fill out a form that asks about your gender? do you know how demographics work dude?

no i dont get triggered when asked if i am male or female. i get triggered when asked if i am a transgendered female whos sexuality is spiders.

again, fuck off with your shit.

No not really. It's your typical drama stuff, just set in a school.

sorry mate, shut it down for ~5 minutes because , but i just put it back up

look, it's just the most effective way of gauging what percent of people in the board are transgender which is useful and interesting information. i apologize for asking whether you're transgender or not, i didn't realize it was such a touchy subject.

It's interesting how I can't tell whether you're mad because you're Sup Forums or the opposite. Being annoyed at whoever made the survey for splitting male and female into cis and trans is reasonable, since "cis female" and "trans female" are the same gender. And being annoyed at them for throwing in a meme sexuality like "spiders" is reasonable too, since it sort of makes sexuality look like a joke.

But I doubt that's what you're trying to say. You're probably just mad for the boring "muh sjws" reason.

wtf are those default countries? The main countries that watch doctor who are US UK and Australia

i think its pretty pointless. if you support it, then male or female would suffice, without the nonbinary shit. the dumb sexuality questions dont help either

dont worry. im Sup Forums. im your boogeyman. nothing i say matters and any point i make is instantly invalidated because im just a dumb bigot fuck you

my bad i forgot about australia. theres a decent amount of canada too, though. i just put russia because i love it when the russians come to the board and talk exclusively in russian

Just look at the angle. The lights are way to close together

>nothing i say matters and any point i make is instantly invalidated because im just a dumb bigot
You can say that again.

But you could at least test your theory by making one (1) point, which you haven't done yet. It's worth a try.

yeah i purposely put sexuality as an optional question bc i didnt want to force people to answer that. 1 person has answered nonbinary, and theyre from russia which is mad interesting and i'm glad i know it

id rather not waste my time, only for you to label me as something you dont like so you can ignore whatever i say, no matter what i say

im going to be honest with you, its almost 99% bullshit. this is Sup Forums. you are NOT going to get accurate answers with all that shit you put up. its too tempting for them to not put something stupid, like a nonbinary from russia.

youd have better luck just doing this shit on reddit or tumblr because theyll answer more honestly instead of taking the chance to troll

No worries. Bit weird Australia wasn't on there (one of the biggest fan countries) but I inputted it in the 'other' bit

no i did it here because i specifically want to know about this board, because we're all anonymous. i wanted to know how many people are on this board and their gender - it turns out it's WAY more male than i even thought, like 93%. yeah some people may be putting in bullshit responses but for the most part the outliers can be discounted without skewing the data.

youre underestimating these people! even with the options i gave to fill in your own responses, only 1 or 2 people have given bullshit answers (SPIDERS to sexuality and AFRICA to country) and i think that was just bc they didnt want to give answers to specifically those questions.

yeh we might be Sup Forums cunts but we like some nice statistics as much as the next guy

so why was the Doctor parking the Tardis on a cloud? Can it just do that?

I liked them

They were so awesome, but Doctor Who fans always miss the point of the show they love, so it was back to the clammy, dull bronze Daleks.

link me some slash where Leela lezdoms Sarah Jane pls

C'mon, they were too thicc

You're right, they've been pointed straight up rather than set at the proper angle. Embarrassing!

Doctor Who is meant to frighten kids, and the gold Daleks are miles better at that than the plastic rainbow Daleks.

Why do people say this sort of shit? It didn't look good *at the time*. Don't you remember? Were you not alive? Can you not remember your own opinions without going to tumblr for fresh indoctrination? You people are toilets.

lads i started watching city of death last night and im so mad at myself for putting off watching classic who for so long, this story is brilliant and the dialogue is miles more clever than nuwho

>"where are we going?"
>"philosophically or geographically?"
>"philosophically"
>"we're going to lunch"

>posted it on reddit
You keep crossing the streams and I don't think you know the danger you're causing.

It was written (partially) by the great Douglas Adams. Check out the Tom Baker narrated version of "Shada" if you can, it's great, was also written by Douglas Adams, and you can headcanon it to tie into the Curator from the 50th

So why do you think it's a good thing?
Isn't it better to go for your own pre-built plan rather than fall for requests turning the show into the fanwank?

>The Dumping Ground

That's part of the Tracy Beaker Kino Universe, right.

>Later in the episode this autistic kid gets really annoyed and pulls the pin on a grenade and threatens to throw it in this group of arguing kids.

Was he, dare I say it... /ourguy/.

That's based Adams for you, but don't expect any better dialogue from other stories.

Is that all you've seen of classicwho?

Why is it useful? Why is it interesting?

Doctor Who fans' sexuality has always been a joke. Patrick Troughton died porking a fan while wearing the costume. Some fangirl in America wanted to fuck Patrick Troughton as he looked in The Two Doctors. That's hilarious.

>which is mad spurious

ftfy

>Isn't it better to go for your own pre-built plan
JNT did the same thing and you know what happened?

Who said that wasn't Moffat's plan?

They were HENCH.

Doctor Who doesn't really frighten kids, does it? I mean, only kids who probably aren't quite old enough for it.

Yep, Tracey Beaker is strange isn't it.

Also, RTD didn't hate Eccleston's accent. He chose Eccleston with the intention of having him play it with his natural accent.

The eighth doctor version is better imho

>I mean, only kids who probably aren't quite old enough for it.
That's kind of the idea though. It's fun to be challenged and scared. Scared me as a kid, I've seen it scare kids now.

It's not bad, I prefer the audio to the webcast though

Is the audio different to the webcast?

Tracy Beaker's success is testimony to how thick and self-pitying working class kids are.