What have Iberians actually contributed to western civilization?

I find myself constantly pondering to myself, "why is Spain considered part of 'the west' when literally every other western European country has contributed far more to technology, culture, science, religion, politics, and culture?

Sure, they allah ackbarred the new world, but all that did was destroy a bunch of culture in other places. Spain is basically 'eastern European' who got lost and wound up west of France.

Also, "Portugal", huh. Is that city a colony of Spain or Brazil, I forget?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WXiDWy-Ud3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well
Thanks to Spain(and France) your fucking shitty little country did get independence from the Brits

Lets not say they discovered the American continent
>American """""""""education""""""""

>american eduqueishon
Spain was part of Carthage, Rome, Umayyads, Spanish Empire. Mr 60%, read a fucking book.

The Portuguese were and still are a great people, they'll be back soon.

who was spanish inquisition.

Literally American education

Spaniards and Portuguese have more culture in a single fingernail than all Murica

They are first world, clean and are at the top 10 of safest places in the world and in top 20 of best quality of life

What you got?, burgers and mass shootings

>mestizo defending his rape daddy.

What happened Mexico, you used to worship a feathered dragon and now you shill for the moors who cucked you?

You used to be cool, Mexico.

well if im not mistaken after a certain mariage spain controlled the whole known world for a time, surpassing even the influence (as in controlled territories) of genghis khan. I think it Was philip the second, but im not certain.

Also, dont talk about father Portugal like that, they owned the seas alongside with spain. i know its old news, but we cant deny it. If wasnt for spain america would not be discovered, and if wasnt for portugal the indians path by sea would not be possible.

>controlled the whole known world for a time

And?

That doesn't improve philosophy, or science, or culture.

England did, France did. Netherlands did.

Spain did not.

Well that ignores medieval history, Spaniards were heavily involved in expanding and translating Arabic philosophical texts and mathematical principles.

kidding right ? Baruch Spinoza was born in portugal. if you dont know this guy you are doing it wrong. Fernando pessoa is one of portugal´s literature genius that americans will probably never read since they are xenophobes. Salvador dali, Picasso and Goya probably dont ring a bell for you either ? all of them spanish. Heah burgers you are totally doing it culture wrong.

Because fucking Picasso is comparable to John Lock?

Or hell, even Cardinal Richelieu.

What happened in Texas bro? You were doing so good at first then you went to fucking shit.

also portugal had to reinvent their ships to pass through the cape of good hope, that use to be called cape of torments.just try guess why. that should be put in parallel with fucking rocket science on that age.

Just an FYI, I've met quite a few European Spanish and I don't think it's a coincidence that they all absolutely despise you mongrelized spics in every possible way, from your butchered Spanish to your lazy criminal behavior.

>Had a Spanish friend in HS when I lived in Cali
>English class teacher constantly groups him with local spics to "break the language barrier"
>He makes fun of their gutter Spanish, claims it's practically unintelligible
>Snubs spics, hangs out with us whites instead
>After a few months, some cholo fucker takes this personally and tries to jump him during lunch
>He breaks his arm (3 years of judo), both of them get arrested by cops
>Security camera shows cholo started it, charges dropped, still gets suspended for a week
>Loathes spics, openly calls them subhuman dogshit
>Moves back to Spain after HS, now hates Moroccans and Algerians

yeah ... Lock was great, i never heard os Richelieu desu. Still it their existence does not outshine portuguese or spanish influence on the world culture.

OK then, I concede.

Portugal and Spain did do some things. Only about only a 10th that France did, but still.

Bravo.

>The Portuguese were and still are a great people, they'll be back soon.
Greatly corrupted and it became our culture

Portugal and Spain were the most powerful countries in the world during the discoveries, math and science we were really advanced because of trade, we like to say we gave the new world to the old world, and other european countries decided to do the same as us, so we played a big role building big empiresand showing our culture to other nations.

>He makes fun of their gutter Spanish, claims it's practically unintelligible

youtube.com/watch?v=WXiDWy-Ud3U

jokes aside atleast we have a good relationship with portugal. We admire them but we will never admit it in public. we bash them and call them dum on jokes because they had it all once and then they lost it. but probably brazil will never be able to acomplish one tenth of that.

Good ham

Portugal is criminally underrated. Those that only think about achievements in economic terms think like Jews.

That's Andalusian accent which is utter shit, most people who went to the Americas and stayed were Andalusian, so that should say something.

t. Andalusian.

jamon ? is that the name?

>What have Iberians actually contributed

Well, they keep track of all our books for one thing, you idiot.

The world isn't an islamic shithole because of us

fuck, pai, from all the contributions you gave to the world, you exemplified the weakest. tell them about having over 3000% profit from comerce with india from spices. Colonizing china and making the japanese say Arigato, that not surprisingly is almost the same as "Obrigado" that (for the burgers) means thanks. until this day i ask myself how did you make the japanese change this word. Well done Portugal. We thank you for Camões, and the portuguese language, and the great feats on the seas. and we know that you can be great again with enough effort. Brazil is fucked up, and we cant blame you, since this shit was our entire responsability. but we live portugal every day in our lives when we eat, sing and even when we fuck.