This movie is my bible

This movie is my bible.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Thomas_Knight
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

edit: thanks for the gold!

then get off the internet and go outside pleb

i've never actually seen it
is it any good?

thank god i'm an atheist

In the sense it shows you exactly what not to do in the wilderness, and demonstrates how narcissism can get you killed then yes, it is good.

This genuinely feels like a comment someone would make on reddit to try and get upvotes

Nice bait even if quite cheap.

THERES A BIIIIIG A BIG HARD SUN

>not living in a spray painted tarp for 28 years and stealing peanut butter chocolate and beer from normies to sustain yourself

Why didn't he just walk down the river until he found a crossing/bridge/raft?

It's fucking Antartica

Yes. Nice visuals and cute-innocent
Ending is kinda sad though

I used to be in the same boat as you user.
When I graduated high school I dropped about 500 clams or so on a nice backpack, some gear, and a bus ticket to some shitty bordertown in California
After that I made my way to slab city, met some dirty kids, and hitchhiked up the coast

Let me warn you: all these vagabonds are either seriously mentally retarded, or edgy cali kids who want to pretend to be poor and against the grain because they can always call dad for more money.

No

Why not read the book?

You sound like an empty-headed teenage girl.

>he didnt even fugg kristen

not me

I liked it. Christopher McCandless isn't the kind of person you should idolize though.

A Jewish hack writer decides to narrate the sad story of a kid with mental illness to make shekels : the movie.

yeah. it's one of those movies a lot of people like for the wrong reasons (idolizing the main character and his goals, instead of seeing him as likable but basically crazy), but it's good. the cast is terrific, the visuals and use of setting are great, and the story is pretty strong.

Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.

>In to the Wild
>man is mentally ill
>man shuns society, gives his money away, burns the rest of his money, identification, credit cards, gets his vehicle caught in a flash flood, becomes a filthy vagrant hitchhiker, changes his name to "Alexander Supertramp", kayaks to Mexico illegally, loses kayak in a dust storm, goes to California, shuns civilization again,
>man goes innawoods in Alaska and lives in an abandoned bus for 4 months, and was most likely the person that vandalized the supplies of food caches (he was a really stupid, mentally ill person after all, who wanted to destroy everything he had available to him from civilization)
>man dies from equal amounts of stupidity, ignorance, and starvation (and from being injured)
>enterprising Jewish author decides to write a book about it to make money from someone else's tragedy
>another enterprising Jewish guy decides more money can be made from the mentally ill innawoods guy and decides to make movie about it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_(film)
Budget $15 million[2]
Box office $56,255,142[3]
8 awards

>Christopher McCandless isn't the kind of person you should idolize though.
That's one of the major points of the book and movie, too. People are just too stupid to realize it, for some reason. I guess it's easy to assume that the focus of a work is supposed to be a good guy, despite clearly showing how he was immature, foolish, and hurt the people he loved. Seriously, the main point of Into the Wild is finding out that Chris realized he was wrong when it was too late for him to do anything about it.

My Bible is the actual Holy Bible. What do you think about that, Sean Penn?

He has nice skin for subsisting off of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff

Why is everyone so fucking fat?

One of the Alaskan men who helped him turned Atheist because of McCandless' death

Wtf are you takling about? They are clearly normal healthy and fit american adults.

murica

A lot of homeless people are mentally ill like this. They just refuse to live in society but their mental illness isn't severe enough for medication or any give. Programs have given homes and jobs to these people but there's always some who immediately quit, destroy their home to sell all the furniture and copper wiring, then continue living in the street.

Funny thing is, he didn't get rid of his ID, or all his money. One of the cabin owners found his backpack. It still had his AZ ID card, a Clark County library card, and $300 in cash.

They should make a movie about Eric Rudolph, that dude who bombed the Olympics then hid out in the woods for a couple years.

Kek'd

>think about moving up to alaska and working manual labor to get away from it all
>check listings for apartments
>kikes have somehow driven up the rent in the most isolated place on earth to make it unaffordable like everywhere else on the globe

He was retarded and ate a bunch of random plants and mushrooms that probably contained proteins that gave him lathyrism. He was retarded in general.

screencapped for reddit

Same here. Maybe buy an acre or two, and live out my last few years in peace. But noooo, they want an assload for vacant land, in the literal middle of nowhere, with no road access. Dats bullshit,man

not being materialistic counts as a mental illness on tv?

>live in area with almost no jobs because kikes moved all the manufacturing to cheaper pastures, most of my friends don't work
>Everything our community college teaches is oversaturated, not much chance of getting a good job through that
>houses and land even in bumfuck nowhere cost more than I'll most likely ever be able to afford so I can't fulfill my dream of owning land with my qtgf
>The city a few hours from where I live is a shithole and is full of trendy rich kids and on top of that the rent is insane
>still spend all my time working and going to school while all my friends live a carefree partying existence around me and don't have to worry about anything
>have to compete with 40+ year olds for minimum wage hours
>older people I know act like I'm just not working hard enough and the only reason I'm not making 20$ an hour is because I don't tuck my shirt in and call my boss sir

How did it get to be this way? I feel like I'm being jewed by trying cause there's no light at the end of the tunnel

B-but Drumpf won! everything should be great now!

Kek. The fact that he never bothered to learn even basic skills like fishing in all those years and instead chose to just live in his forest NEET lair is the best part.

Trips of truth

We got bamboozled hard

>trump out of nowhere
Living in your head rent free

quick rundown bros?

Does anybody else like Emile Hirsch? I think he is a pretty good actor

guy lives in the wood for 28 years but instead of learning to fish hunt and gather he breaks into people's houses and steals their food FOR TWENTY EIGHT YEARS until one day someone was smart enough to install a security system. Although he became sort of an urban legend so nobody thought ht was real

He's handsome af, would suck dick (no homo)

>get away from it all
You need to be 18 or older to post here you immature cunt

i am 30 almost 31

Yes, Check out lost Heaven, Great Film with him as Main cast iirc

Nice

This. The message is made really fucking clear when he talks about happiness needing to be shared.

>could've lived if he rubbed the berries on his bare skin and waited
>if it passed that test, could've tasted the berries and waited
>but no, he just goes and eats a bunch of wild berries

deserved to die

*original Titel is The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys

he died of starvation

Fairly certain he also poisoned himself at one point with berries and found a moose carcass but was too retarded to preserve the meat

he was used to expending lots of energy for small amount of food, but he couldn't find any and eventually became too weak to even look

>student with nice comfy life goes schitzo
>no one knows or cares
>hits the road with the intention of camping in the harsh Alaska wilderness
>has no idea how to survive in the wild
>goes into the wilderness without tools or even a barefoot book of local fauna and flora
>dies

I love you for this.

I want to watch this movie but the sight of prime teen Kstew makes me regret every decision I've made in my entire life that hasn't led me to be planted headfirst between her thighs, so I have avoided it

The poisonous berries thing was a theory put forward by the author of the book. It was later disproven and his official cause of death was starvation like this guy said.

I guess it shows the power of not having fast food and fresh air

It's good, however a common problem is people critique the main character based on how good of a "hero lead" he is. The guy was mentally and emotionally disturbed/damaged. This movie just follows him as he journeys through his own personal relationship with the world. If you go in knowing he's not mentally sane, it's much better.

I could see myself doing this. I don't like my life, I see no future, and I have a death wish. That's how I see McCandless, someone who was desperate for some sort of spiritual satisfaction and, maybe not entirely admitted to himself, put that before his continued living.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Thomas_Knight

Just do what this guy did and create your own hidden NEET lair.

Land of the free, home of the brave.