What went wrong?

What went wrong?

It was a case of being overshadowed by its spin-off.

Not really Buffy is still the most recognized show of the 2 by far. I wish I could bash the head of that cunt Connor with a rebar. That little shit ruined Angel for me.

Nothing.

Tara. Everything went downhill after she was introduced

Nothing. 1-7 are pretty good. Thankfully both it and Angel ended before Joss's mental breakdown.

Whedon forever damaged the franchise with comic books.

Anything past season 3 that is not Spike.

Nobody ever bothers using guns against her besides that S01 vampire

Season six ended horribly and season seven was a trainwreck that abandoned the comfy friendships which made the show work.

>What went wrong?
Never add romance to vampire slayer.

buffy and faith never bang

buffys sister was trash

also tara

>friendships which made the show work

Willow and Xander were fucking horrible friends.

Redpill me on the comics

They needed a break between season 5 and 6 to get their energy back, because it became clear they weren't giving it their all outside the odd standalone episode.
Characters got derailed, plots became horrible messes and they repeatedly just forgot or handwaved shit away.
The toss up for worst offender is either the magic addiction, something that got pulled out of their ass and promptly shoved back in, or the super vampires being horribly downgraded for no reason.

Sometime after the show the world embraces vampires for some reason and Buffy robs banks to fight an threat that didn't begin until she started robbing banks. That wasn't her in Italy, it was a doppelganger.

Everyone, including Buffy, is in love with Xander. Even Dracula.

Dawn is a giant, then a horse, then a doll.

Willow is basically a god.

Spike has an alien bug ship.

Angel decided to put on a mexican wrestling outfit and destroy the world. Then he kills Giles.

Seriously.

>Then he kills Giles.
Aren't you forgetting something?
Surely you want to give user the full trainwreck account

> the super vampires being horribly downgraded for no reason.

Fucking this, though.

>whole season is built upon the stress/pressure of this army being unstoppable

>they're tissue paper in the finale

>Whedon: LOL just go with it.

Fucking hack.

>Everyone, including Buffy, is in love with Xander. Even Dracula.
I'm going to read it for this reason alone

That was just S8.

S9:

Angel didn't really want to destroy the world, just bad people.

Giles is resurrected as a 12 year old through an a soul nipple ring because someone lost their happy thoughts.

Zompires.

Magic is literally the root of all meaning in the world.

First revision of vampire history: They are no longer remnants of when mankind kicked pure demons out. They're from the deeper well. This directly contradicts the explanation for zompires given in the season itself.

>Dawn is a giant, then a horse, then a doll.
wat

It sounds like /tg/ and /d/ got drunk and gatecrashed the writing process, doesn't it?

Forgot that Xander beats the shit out of Angel.

Joss Whedon's writing. No matter the medium he chooses, he always tells the same story

I just mean everyone, in general. The cast was split up all season and none of the new slayers had chemistry with anyone. It was awkward af.

I didn't mind that. In fact one thing I disliked about 3-6 is how few new characters there were that weren't villains or love interests.

They should have killed Xander in S5 or had him and Anya get married and leave. All they did was take up space.

>a show that had 7 seasons "went wrong"

Joss was pretty well corralled through Buffy and Angel.
People give him all the credit, but they forget that there was always a minimum of 3 people with his level of creative control at any time during their production. Usually it was 5

>that S6 breakup arc

Is leaving someone at the altar really arc then wanting to get back together really an arc?

There were a few rumblings that they were going to go that way, then there was the bit where Anya went briefly insane, so it can be tentatively stretched.

>TBBT is good

I guess. It's not like they didn't build up to it or anything,but it seemed like they had nowhere to go after.

>comparing 90s/early 00 tv to today

Back then it was pretty cut throat.

They let Josh have too much input. He's like George Lucas, in that he can cmake me up with good ideas, but needs to basically hand them off to people to do a lot of the leg work for, and be able to listen to people when they tell him an idea is bad. He also needs to quit being such a feminist pansy

My main issue was that the build up didn't match up properly to the event.
They were making it out to be just usual nervous couple issues, then they went with a prophecy out of nowhere. It smacks of shockingly lazy writing, and the fact that it was just done because they ran out of ideas makes it even worse.

It was nervous couple issues. There was no prophecy. It was just one of Anya's old victims messing with Xander and he knew it.

My problem is then what, you know?Anya becomes a demon again that goes nowhere and Xander just hangs around being a dick. Then he gets to save the world.

The end of S6 would have been better to just have them get hitched and disappear. I didn't mind what they did do too much, but it seemed uninspired.