It's like they're laughing in our face

It's like they're laughing in our face...

>lol, stupid nerds

well at least you nostalgia fags got a nice little bit of fanservice

That's the version the general public is familiar with though. So it's more like Warner Bros. saying "fuck you we'll do whatever we want no matter what the audience thinks".

>Not in a million years

why do they really like to bring it to a point that they're not gonna use the classic outfit anymore?
its not like anyone ever hated it
its literally the Dante's hair of comics

>nice little bit of fanservice
She didn't even put it on.
This is WORSE than nothing.

>It's like they're laughing in our face...
saying WAKE UP YOU NEED TO MAKE MONEY!

I love her classic costume, but even I admit that the hat would be really hard to pull off in live action

haahahahaah
BASED
After your faggot Timm RUINED TKJ you DCAUfags can all burn in hell for all i care.

>her actual costume is in the Joker's lair, and its the classic costume.

BASED

el
oh
el

No, it's really not.

Gen pub doesn't give a shit

Not the guy you're responding to. But I hope you're shitposting, because if you're not then you're really taking this way too seriously.

What's the point of that? I mean Harley's classic costume has been gone for years in place of the trailer trash ououtfit. Bringing it up again as a throw away gag is pretty shitty, also the fact that it looks worse than a cosplay adds insult to injury

it's funny how studios have been doing this shit lately and having it backfire on them because they've gotten so disconnected with their fans. Then they shit talk their fans for not going to see their movie.

It's funny to watch a business eat itself like this because those running it don't understand it. Like some parody a vegetarian lion.

Not just this bit though
there's also this

Nigga that would have looked terrible in live action
Studio may have went a bit left but Harley has like 30 different costumes now

They had to pick one

It's acknowledging that she once wore it

It's supposed to be for dumb fans to go "AHHH SEE, IT IS CANON SHE DID WEAR IT BEFORE IN THE OLD DAYS" and casuals won't give a fuck or know what it is

And defensive autists will take it as a personal insult because everything the world does is a personal attack on them

Well that didn't work for DMC, but the game didn't fail because it was reboot, it fail because it was mediocre.The point is we just have to accept that Harley is never going to have his old suit again and this thing is going to be a total success with the normies at least is going to kill the GB reboot

Hi Sup Forums

Who really cares about what costume Harley wears
Doesn't she have like 10 different looks now?

Yes, it really is

Why not have her wear it?

It looks terrible because they took away the choker and cuffs. Nothing to offset the bodysuit.

Its a physical role
Margot Robbie would rip her ass out jumping around in a body stocking

Capeshit is dead.
Sup Forums is more dead than you can even concieve of as well.
I find it sad too anons.

But she looks so QT the way she tosses it away...

Then why not just have her wear it instead of "Hey remember the costume a lot of people like"? Its been out of use for years in place of people trying to rebuild the wheel and the fact that that's the costume people still associate with her shows that the new costumes are shit. If she pulled out any other outfit they tried to push no one would even recognize it

She has no ass to rip out of.

For the lulz, user

for the lulz

this

have to remember that jumpsuits like that are not designed for combat type shit
you cant have it bodytight like in the comics but have her doing all kinds of maneuvers at the same time which would require it to be flexi

That's a terrible excuse. Performers do much more in costume than Margot would be and they would have more than one outfit

There have been multiple Spider-Man costumes that have had no problem

No, it 100% isn't.
Man, if only there were clothing that's tight and designed for a lot of movement...

What you aren't getting is that Joker had that costume when she was caught. She wasn't wearing it when they captured her. That means that the Joker somehow got it placed in her locked up belongings so that the first thing she saw when she opened that box was a message from HIM.

The general public is familiar with the Arkham video game version. The Timmverse is over 20 years old now, bud. Times change.

>Then why not just have her wear it

Because they're trying to make money with this film

> the fact that that's the costume people still associate with her shows that the new costumes are shit.

It's the costume WE, people who grew up watching Batman TAS , still associate with here

There is a whole generation of 16-19 year olds out there who have never even seen it and know Harley from video games more than anything else, and at the end of the day that's who these movies are banking on

Yeah but aside from the classic look they all look like she went on a hot topic shopping spree

HELP HELP WARNER BROS IS BULLYING ME BECAUSE THE FICTIONAL WOMAN I MASTURBATE TO WEARS BOOTY SHORTS INSTEAD OF THE LEOTARD I FIND SEXIER, AND THEY REFERENCED THE LEOTARD AS SOMETHING OTHER THAN A HOLY RELIC

BE OUTRAGED WITH ME

One of the articles said when he visited the set that they did screen tests with Robbie in the costume and everything, but it wasn't fitting with the aesthetic of the movie.

Also, apparently they're making a BoP/GCS movie, so she may wear it eventually.

user if Paul Hamm, who actually has an ass, manages to keep it in his tights then I fail to see how Margot robbie, who doesn't have one, would have a hard time moving around in that leotard.

Because every look except for the classic is trash

>>impossibru in real life

I cant believe how people bark that shit, but even if you follow that line, you could easy pick a related costumed or design something at least related to the character.

Just look the new look, there's nothing in that design that say "Harley".
At least use the fucking colors.

Even this bitch pull the Arkham suit
And of course... most of the slightly skilled cosplayers.

It's like you're tryin' ta get me ta blow my stack!

Everything else they've put her in goes away from her theme, which was supposed to be a Harlequin. That's the whole point of her villain name of Harley Quinn as well as her real name being Harleen Quinzel. I mean, the fact that they're making her into a Juggalo nowadays they might as well change her name to Jude Gallow or something equivalent.

People need to stop making the DmC comparison. Capcom and NT were being openly antagonistic to fans , there haven't been a fucking ounce of that with SS.

>make nice easter egg for the fans
>they bitch no stop and cry NOT MUH HARLEY

why are comicbook fans so autistic?

Or, you know, basically every professional athlete, professional wrestlers, dancers, acrobats, etc. etc. etc.

We not only have the technology to double stitch, we can even triple stitch and put additional panels in!

That autism acting up again, eh.

>Because they're trying to make money with this film

By throwing another trailer trash outfit on the wall in hopes it'd stick? The only thing its gonna do is attract cosplayers to it because its relatively simple

>It's the costume WE, people who grew up watching Batman TAS , still associate with here
>There is a whole generation of 16-19 year olds out there who have never even seen it and know Harley from video games more than anything else, and at the end of the day that's who these movies are banking on

We also live in the age of the internet where this is arguably the most famous image of Harley. Not just to us this outfit is synonymous with Harley Quinn. Most of the costumes in games haven't been seen outside of their game same for some of her comic costumes. However the original is incredibly recognizable

Gamers aren't much different these days. Seems these things attract aspies

They aren't even comic book fans, they're just waifufags.

It is pretty much how the DC cinematic universe and fan's relationship is though

I know right? That was her first outfit and everyone knows that you can never change the first outfit.

First is always best and you should never change anything ever. Because I don't want them to, they should be catering to me.

This came to mind.

It does't really go with themes. Superman has powers that are "super" in comparison to what mortal men are capable of, Aquaman commands sea life and lives underwater, Batman dresses as a "bat" and is active at night, Joker looks like a clown and does things that he sees as funny, etc etc. But what part of "Daddy's li'l monster" or her actions make you think of a harlequin?

It's not a big deal to change up the getup if it fits the theme. Hell Batman's had how many different outfits now, and they all are still "guy dressed as a bat".

Not really. See DmC pretty much spit in the face of everything that came before it, then Capcom and Taneem basically told fans to fuck off , while shitting on Dante calling him gay animu whatever.

DC whether you like their approach or not are pretty much fully embracing the out there shit from the comics rather than keeping everything "lol grounded". Aliens are aliens, magic is magic, Joker fell into a vat of chemicals, Katana's Sword takes the souls of those she kills etc. Only thing is Harley not having her oldschool look qwhich in universe they acknowledge was a thing.

Obviously they want to keep Harley in tone with her New 52 version, with the bleached skin and all that. Though the movie version of it looks better, at least she's still a blond.

Personality wise from everything we've seen so far it's Harley through and through. Bubbly, annoying personality, batshit crazy, in love with "Mistah J" and has the fucking accent.

I would argue that she is classic Haley in every way except costume.

Easter eggs aren't in your face like that, they are something that have to be found, this is the equivalent of that time Scott or someone made fun of yellow X-men costumes

Eh at least its not as bad as kill jimmy olsen off a few minuites after his appearance

GOD i hope there is a flashback scene in the movie where she wears it, so you autists can fuck off.
>who gives a shit that she is basically TAS Harley in live action, she no hav da soot!!

In fact i outright dont mind this one its just saying she used to wear this (i would still prefer she just wore her classic costume throughout the movie though)
The olsen shit was inexcusable though

I have two female friends who are casually "into" this capeshit stuff like most of the people who will be filling seats, one age 19 the other age 26, I just asked them what they think about it.....the younger of the two said she "doesn't care" and that she looks "hotter now", also that the old look was "kind of ugly"

The older one mostly complained that spandex isn't practical and should remain in cartoons, doesn't want that shit in live action

I think the "Assault on Arkham" version of her suit would work better for live action.

Well i am certaintly happy shes back with the joker im far more happy about that then i am sad about the costume.

the costume on the right is so much better than what they decided to go with also I really wish they made the make-up like this in the movie.

but she isn't making fun of the costume, she is being nostalgic over it

Nah, movie version looks better. The bright colors fit her happy go lucky yet crazy persona. Those pics remind me of those fan mock ups that came out when she was announce, that just look emo as fuck.

It's almost as bad as the people who hate her because she doesn't sound exactly like Arleen Sorkin.

The original costume wouldn't have been enough to turn them off from the movie. The "tactical" argument is an old and tired one that makes costumes look bland and boring

It was funny watching people continuously claim she wasn't doing the accent when she clearly was.

Personally I don't hear it. It could be because I'm used to it being very high pitched and almost like a flapper, I guess. Margot Ronnie's seems subtle

the people who watched that back in the day are in their 20s now, i.e. the exact target audience for the movie

WAY more people recognize harley quinn for the cartoon than a video game that only nerds know about

Did you watch the clip with Katana. Because if you can't hear it there you'd have to be deaf.

Man they really fucked up, and by the time they need a new Harley Amber Heard will be too old for the role... what a shame.

Dumbest post in thread.

>2+2 is 4
>no it's not user, common core teaches us 2+2 can also be one, six, and five
>no, it's 4
>wow kid calm down, take your autism pills ok? Let the rest of us normal people do our thing :^)

I'll take that as a yes.

I refuse to believe that people are getting this assblasted over a fucking costume.

1000x better than the forty year old refrigerator they cast

the 19 year old doesn't care because all she can think about is getting dick and the new costume is "hotter now" because
>I bet she gets the dick all the time

The 26 year old older and wiser, makes a good observation that spandex is dumb, but you will note this is only a criticism and a deflection away from her lusty cock seeking than it is anything resembling a constructive argument.

For example
>I agree, spandex is dumb. It could be made out of a different material. Superman for example doesn't wear spandex in the new movies and manages to keep his costume roughly the same.

but she doesn't say this because she wants the dick.

Also, why are these two women only friends? Are you a little dicked fatbody nice guy who thinks he'll get the puss puss if he does slave work? kys.

Whatever you say kiddo, don't be mad because they didn't cast your waifu. Plenty of other roles you can gap to her in I'm sure

I hate these newer cape movies for shitting on good old-fashioned tights

Everything has to be gritty and realistic now, everyone's walking around in dull-colored armor instead of the whimsical outfits that these fantasy characters were conceived with

Sup Forums got ass ravaged at kevin smith for "making him pee his pants". You really going to put it past a board like this?

you actually need to kill yourself

I always thought the problem was the scene he chose to have Batman pee his pants.

No one would have complained if he used another one.

I've actually never seen a movie with her in it, I just think she looks way more like Harley, and is younger which is good, Robbie looks at least 30.

Jared Leto is 44.

but jared leto is a fucking demon

which also explains why he's ruining the joker this bad, it's to make me suffer

This is literally the most comic accurate live action Joker though.

except it's not at all. heath ledger's joker wasnt the only other live action joker you know?

Jack Nicholson Joker was simply Jack Nicholson. Animated versions don't count.

Nicholson's Joker was the biggest departure.

who the fuck said anything about nicholson

dcuo version is vastly superior game version even if the game itself is shit, you greasy cunt.

Being the most accurate doesn't mean it's accurate at all, because it's not even close and it's easily the worst take on the joker I've ever seen.