The Wire - Season 1

Just finished Season 1. Still never seen a spoiler and planning on getting through all series.

/TV was right. It's the best TV show. Hope S2 is half as good as S1. Mainly can't wait to see the continuation on of the corners, hope they focus even more on it.

Excelent thread, my friend

>Still never seen a spoiler
Close this thread you mong

Omar is gay af tho

Season 2's setting will shock you, but it is only after you finish it will you realize the true value of the show. I'm jealous. Pay it forward, recommend it till you die

s1 sucked dikk

>falling for bait

Marlo lives, every other nigger dies

This is much better honestly. The only perfect season of The Wire is season 2. It goes

The Corner > Generation Kill > Treme > Homicide: Life on the Street > The Wire

I hope The Deuce is good.

You are taking being a contrarian too far. Treme? Seriously?

Bunk kills McNutty. Stinger kills Avon.

Treme was fucking brilliant. The Wire did not have an arc as good as Sonny's. No genre hooks necessary like Omar. It was all characters, music, food. Brilliant acting.

Season 2 isn't the best but it's easily the most C O M F Y

Treme fucking sucked, Generation Kill is the best, The Corner was alright.

let me adjust:

The Corner > Generation Kill > The Wire season 2 > Treme > The Wire season 1 + 4 > Homicide Life on the Street >>>>>>> The Wire seasons 3 + 5.

Laugh out loud.
I don't know who Omar is so isn't a spoiler

>Treme fucking sucked
Ok bby pleb sorry there wasn't enough OMAR COMIN for you you fucking loser.

>ITT people not knowing about Show Me a Hero and Homocide

Fuck! I knew I forgot something.

put Show Me a Hero after The Wire seasons 1 + 4

I just didn't really find the characters interesting. I don't care about some deadbeats in New Orleans, which is a very uninteresting city to begin with. There are no polarizing parallel storylines and layers to it.

I liked The Wire a lot because it had a realistic portrayal of drug selling hoodrats and drug dealers, while it perhaps shined them up a little the show received acclaim for a very realistic portrayal of that life. To me it's much more interesting since it's a raw story of survival in a hopeless scenariio. And to polarize things it also showed the dark side of the good guys without trying to present them as heroes.

Generation Kill was good for the same reason, it was raw and while Persons was added to add some entertainment to a grim show, it has been hailed by former marines as very close to the real deal. Both shows are like documentaries but not tedious and/or boring like actual documentaries are.

Treme has all the drama of both series without any of the action.

>I don't care about some deadbeats in New Orleans, which is a very uninteresting city to begin with
HA! YOu think I'm going to read the rest of your essay after you open with this? Guess again retard. I know you're just a baby genre pleb who needs nigger cowboy gunfights and DUDE DRUGS to be hooked into a show. Grow up a little.

Read your comment again and tell me to grow up. Have you even seen The Wire? Gunfights happened like one to three times per season.

>Have you even seen The Wire? Gunfights happened like one to three times per season.
This is not true, retard. Watch season 3 again. Literally a nigger cowboy gunfight in every episode like David Simon was told by the network execs to make it more violent. It's embarrassing. Not to mention that's the season with this EPIC shot. Look at it, it's a terrible piece of garbage because it knows how cool it is and acknowledges how cool it is. That is the most uncool thing you can do. Treme didn't need pandering bullshit like this.

You're hanging on to a single thread from season 3 and that's your sole argument, for real?

And you think if I were to dissect your baby boy Treme it would survive unscathed?

>but MUH NIGGERS

>to a single thread
It's multiple threads actually you dumb faggot motherfucker. There is the Barksdale vs Marlo shenanigans, which leads to MULTIPL gunfights in the season. Like literally every episode there is some violent shooting outburst from those nigs. BUT THEN there is also the Omar and his gang of reddit robbers which get into violent robberies that involve multiple shooting deaths. I implore you to watch the third season again, retard, because it is fucking egregious how much of an action series it turned into. Embarrassing.

And I doubt you're intelligent enough to dissect the characters in Treme. You already revealed your ignorance by saying there aren't any parallel storylines (FALSE).

If there's any reddit pandering nigger cowboy gunfights in The Deuce I am murdering your whole family.

I know this is a bait thread but the literal opening scene of season 2 is a Bodie scene. So yes the corner is still a focus.

Are you a liberal or why the fuck are you so afraid of gun fights?

Guess what you dumb faggot retard: There are less than five gunfights in the FIRST TWO SEASONS of The Wire alone. That's 25 episodes if you can't count. Those happen to be the show's best seasons. And yet the third has the most, and it happens to be the worst. Because nigger cowboy gunfights are lazy storytelling tactic to pad out the episode with a scene that literally requires nothing in the screenwriting process besides "and then they get in a gunfight".

>MAH SEASON 3
>MAH NIGGER GUNFIGHTS

Should I get into season 5 and the embarrassing newspaper characters, including David Simon's blatant self-insert as the cool black guy?

What the fuck is /TV?
Go back to plebbit land, retard

Yeah I mean you probably will anyway. Too bad it's just you against everyone else.

It's me against one or two subhuman mongoloids who can't keep The Wire's nigger cowboy gunfighting dick out of their mouths.

No, you are the mongoloid.

You are a Wire fanboy

Yeah, I like the series as does 99% of the people who watch it.

OH WAIT I'm not supposed to like it because season 3 and nigger cowboy gunfights

Watch season 3 again, I implore you. You'll see what I'm talking about.

This thread has been derailed.

It's not a bait thread.
Please let's revel in Season 1 goodness and expectations for seasons to come.

>nigger
>cowboy
>gunfights
ps. read Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets, it's great. In this paragraph, I'm implying that someone here reads books.