/cyberpunk/

What are the toppermost of the poppermost cyberpunk films? e.g. New Rose Hotel, Gravity, The Matrix, Strange Days, et so on et so forth. Please don't post crap films ITT, thanks in advance.

why is sully cyberpunk

Wow, really? Didn't think I would have to explain that. Did you see the film? It's about a regular guy having to prove himself against simulation-data-based accusations leveled at him by a monolithic entity. It might just be my favourite cyberpunk movie ever.

Wow, really? This board doesn't respect, treasure, or honour cyberpunk? Gosh.

>regular guy having to prove himself against simulation-data-based accusations leveled at him by a monolithic entity
that alone does not make it cyberpunk. for one, time/setting also defines the genre

never thought of it that way

Cyberpunk was coined in the baby 80s and mostly dealt with early 21st century situations. Sully's ordeal occurred in 2009. How is this not cyberpunk, friend? Please explain, in detail, your point of view. Keep in mind that even respected Sup Forums contributors such as uridon are on board with the idea that Sully is without question cyberpunk. Keep that in mind as you respond.

genre conventions of cyberpunk place the setting in a stylized near-future dystopia, which for work created in the 80s the early 21st century makes sense, but Sully is set in the near-past (pretty much present day) and reflects contemporary life realistically.

So if Sully were released in the 80s it would totally be cyberpunk but it isn't because it was released in 2009.

that depends if today's world would be seen as a futuristic dystopia by an 1980s audience (I'm not so sure they would desu)

This is some master tier trolling. Good job

>trolling
idk. this line of thinking is interesting, if not totally valid

Blade Runner and Terminator are essential cyber punk kino, but you've probably seen those by now

Wicked city (1992)

Haha, how have I gone so long being unaware that there was a live action movie of this? Thank you, user.

good shit

did anyone younger than 50 watch Sully?

I didn't watch the fuck out of this film.

nope

real niggas watch the plane crashing just like Flight, on youtube and dip

>>Gravity
This is pure SF film. There is nothing cyberbunk about it.

Watch japanese shit if you want decent cyberpunk ie:
Cyber City Oedo 808, Metropolis, GITS

That's unfortunate.

>Terminator

Most of these

hmmm

The original cyberpunk action kino

>3 years until 2010 ends
>only 1 movie out of 4 spaces

wew

Such a normie list, was this made on /r/cyberpunk ?

how many user has Sup Forums?
sometimes i feel can separete some of them
there is ths cyberpunk fan
there is the DROPPED racist ethnoceleb poster
there is the waifuist with the armhair fetish
there is the waifuist with the long neck fetish

New Ghost in the shell. It was surprisingly good.

they're all me

Gravity is not a science fiction film. It takes place in modern day and none of the technology is fiction. Just because something takes place in space doesn't make it sci fi.

What about demolition man