Why did USA make it illegal to visit Apollo landing sites?

I was browsing /x/ and found some interesting stuff from the American government and NASA

Here is the legislation introduced making the Apollo landing sites "national parks" and illegal to send spacecraft to visit

(govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2617/text)

and here is NASA's position on the issue

"An exclusion zone is the recommended boundary areas into which visiting spacecraft should not enter... A particular zone's radius will vary as a function of the artifact and site location. "

nasa.gov/pdf/617743main_NASA-USG_LUNAR_HISTORIC_SITES_RevA-508.pdf

Why would they discourage people/spacecraft from visiting the Apollo landing sites?

Call me a conspiritard but this seems fishy. It's also never brought up in discussions about the moon landing. Everyone has this idea that one day we'll go back and confirm everything, but it looks like that cannot happen without breaking the law.

so assholes, American or otherwise, don't trample all over these historic sites and scavenge everything to piece out and sell on ebay, friendo.

Yeah, that makes tons of sense. Someone is going to spend billions of dollars to go to the moon so they could tag the landing sites with spray paint and sell flags on ebay

so we better pass a law that makes it illegal to even fly a spacecraft over the landing sites

so you are an idiot... we're almost to the point that a university/private company could put a remotely operated vehicle on the moon and be all over those areas, and yes, all of the stuff at the Apollo sites would be worth BIG money to collectors if ever brought back

>pass a law that makes it illegal to even fly a spacecraft over the landing sites
maybe you should read your own source.
It wasn't passed and it didn't do that in the first place.

if you read the legislation you'd see it's illegal to even fly a spacecraft over the sites. Not land there/pillage it, just fly over it

you're not allowed to fly over the sites and look at them

/thread

Even if the USA wanted to prevent people from gaining access to Apollo sites, in the event of more readily available space travel or renewed global interest in moon landings, they would have to actively try to defend their "claim" to the area, which would likely violate the Outer Space Treaty

Also

They just don't want idiots destroying the sites.
If you went to the moon, you could see them with telescope.

Get a telescope then

Jesus Christ, this man is not suitable for the role of President. He is a fanatic and a racist pig, and belongs in jail.

That's actually illegal....

You're not allowed to own anything above a certain height of your controlled country's area.

Good luck arresting the Chinese Government

Armstrong?
I'd support him as president.

no, you're a fucking retard that cannot read.

it doesn't say that. it doesn't even say you can't go there. it says coordinate access with everybody else to preserve it, and catalog and monitor it.

AND IT WASN'T PASSED.

>I was browsing /x/

Congratulation you made a new low.

But you are wrong. We have other international treaties governing space. and there is no real height limit above a country.

UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Point me the clause that says that the federal government has the power to create any kind of legislation dealing with the moon?

>Inb4 "General Welfare Clause"
Kill yourself

If I want to piss on the moon then I'm going to piss on the moon. It's my right under Natural Law.

>the US government made an overreaching and ridiculous law for no logical reason

First time that's ever happened.

>implying the ayy lmaos didn't already shove the flag up their alien asses

read section A1-3 of NASA's guidelines on the link from the OP, you can't fly a spaceship within 2 miles of any of the sites

preceding that section is the legal framework which includes hr2617, the act that supposedly "didn't pass" (it did)

so all the stars above your country are only by your government? and the moon is shared depending on where in its cycle it is?

i was wrong, that bill didn't pass it died I misread my google search

>National Aeronautics and Space Administration Act

>2010 NASA Authorization Act

>United States Constitution --“Property Clause”

>Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949, as amended

>General Services Administration Regulations

>18 U.S.C. 7

this is their "legal framework"

legal framework for telling you, or anybody American or not, that you are NOT ALLOWED

to visit or fly over the Apollo landing sites

it's in the NASA link from OP

This is where nationalistic sentiment and honour literally gets in the way of us finding something relevant to theories outside of the historical narrative.

I'm not trying to persecute your belief in the simple story but you must see how this restricts us physically let alone in an investigation process.

>pissing on the moon

Bro, you want to get arrested for public indecency?

you are wasting your time here, you need to stop visiting this site and use your God-given time more productively