Official Sup Forums: Which Film was Better?

strawpoll.me/13392905

I'm a DChad but I hated wonder women. Too marvel for my liking - a departure from Snyders vision. Spiderman was actually funny and i enjoyed it more. My vote goes to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L-sZzYX4Jl4
screenrant.com/james-cameron-zack-snyder-movies/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>hates when a movie is too marvel
>likes when a movie goes full marvel

they are both very detrimental movies for western values

Definitely Wonder Woman, however Spidey was surprisingly good considering all variables.

>Your ethnicity/race

>Are you going to watch Spiderman homecoming

White
No

YHWH has spoken

>I'm a DChad
Sure you are, Pajeet. WW was also 100% Snyder

How do we kill Disney bros? It's them or the white race now

It's like comparing black shit and brown shit - in the end, it's still shit.

You stupid daft faggot.

Wonder Woman. DC make movies for adults that love cinema

i almost fell asleep at Spiderman. marvel makes flicks for children

>Im dc but disliked their best film

Brown shit is better though. If you're shitting black you're probably sick.

fuck off shill

best film was clearly BvS.

Wonder women is another propganda femminist agenda film thats why all reviewers are shilling for it.

Snyders vision of a blue and teal alternate reality where people call someone a hero for destroying a city and easily murdering tens of thousands of people. And another hero that kills all his foes who don't have a mother named Martha.

Seriously dark and homicidal makes sense when you are talking about Rorschach and the Watchmen, but not when you are talking about the guy who wears a costume with a symbol of "hope".

>best film was BvS
Easily their worst, dumbest, predictable, and ugliest films.

>hur dur superman never saves anyone
>snyders version is homocidal
>not a hero

fuck off

FUCK THE FUCK OFF YOU IGNORANT CUNT

No question

I'm a white male so neither

a gif for ants

>Snyders vision of a blue and teal alternate reality where people call someone a hero for destroying a city and easily murdering tens of thousands of people
wew I thought it was a meme but some people didn't get BvS for real

trick question
these aren't films, they're movies

nice try nerd

>saves children from drowning
>saves people from oil rig
before he was Superman

Everything with Zod could've easily been stopped or made a million times less destructive than it was. I mean it is a terraforming device, why not just tell Zod to terraform Mars or Venus? Why didn't he just keep fighting Zod? Why did he kill Zod when he could've just turned his head away from the people or put is hind in front of Zods eye lasers? Superman can't die from atmoic bombs? Why did he self sacrifice when Batman or Wonder Woman could've easily done the same thing?

Every time he saves people he does it as a token act and Snyder wants us to believe that it is his burden to save us, when the real Superman acts like a hero because that is what he is. The real Superman is not some brooding asshole that acts like every 2edgy4me 15 year old.

I boycotted Disney after they ruined Star Wars

fair points.

however to you there in only one version of the character allowed EVER. No room for other types of interpretations.

As perry clearly states this isn't 1939 anymore Kent.

Snyder wanted a more grounded real world consequences superman story.

Is it the perfect superman we grew up with? No.

Is it my perffered take on him? No.

But I still respect and enjoy what snyder does with him cause I'm not autistic enough to reeeeeee
everytime a character does not match with my head canon.

What is to get, BvS has all the complexity of Transformers 2, except with "superheros" who are "superheros" for no other reason other than what they are called in the movie.

Second this.

Homecoming was pretty good, but it only ever touched my heartstrings once. Wonder Woman managed to do so a few times and do it effortlessly.

Homecoming is more "fun," but Wonder Woman was more heartfelt and left a lot more of an impression on me.

Both were garbage.

How does it feel to be a dumb marvel fan? I can't blame you. None of their films have any depths so you aint used to spotting it.

Here is a brief glimpse:

youtube.com/watch?v=L-sZzYX4Jl4

Please dont end in a tie

Man spider was better. i don't understand the praise for Wonder Woman, a lot of characters and revelations were under cooked as fuck

I really though Homecoming was awful. Thor 2 was better than it. WW on the other hand was pretty damn good

Wonder Woman, by ffar.

But there is nothing grounded about Superman in the Snyder movies. No sane person would call him a Superhero because every major bad thing that happens is a direct result of Superman just being on Earth. If Superman just pulled a Dr. Manhattan and flew off to Mars Metropolis wouldn't have been destroyed twice.

The reason why Nolan's realistic Batman worked is because he did do things that were genuinely heroic, and when things went bad it was a direct result of the villain just being a fucking psychopath that wanted to kill people regardless of Batman being there or not. Ra's al Ghul was bent on destroying Gotham before Batman, and Batman stopped him. The Joker was bent of destroying Gotham before Batman, and Batman stopped him. Bane and Talia were bent on destroying Gotham and taking revenge on Batman, and Batman stopped him. And every time Batman saved the city it was contained to the Bat Mobile, police cars, or the bad guys cars, the one time it wasn't Batman already had a plan to reverse the effects of the poison gas.

Zack Snyder was always quite good about his shots, I will not argue that. The writing was shit tho and when your script is shit, your movie is shit.

>Thor 2
>better than it

How much do you get paid to shill?

Otherwise if you are doing this for free then i feel sorry for you.

Wonder Woman wasn't anything groundbreaking but it was better than spidey by a mile

Nah, I feel like I've woken up in a world where everyone has been brainwashed. A few years ago no one would have said this was a good movie. Now everyone is acting like it's the best thing ever. It wasn't Spiderman. It was just awful

for me, song to song by terry malick

I liked Wonder Woman better.
The best part of HC was unironically Tony.

stfu false flag, BvS was worse than Suicidal fags

Not anymore, wonder woman sucess made sure that DCEU will not be a deconstruction of superhero genre anymore

1. I have never mentioned Marvel

2. Literally this video proves the exact opposite of what you are trying to prove. Snyder rather than trying to make his own memorable moments and scenes in a way that Kubrick, or Wells did, just stole their shots. And stop posting shit with the Fibonacci spiral super imposed over it. That is not clever and it is not a real thing, stop pretending that it is. They aren't even clever metaphors and foreshadowing, they are as obvious and transparent as the same who shot them. Any fucking shots can look artistic when you edit them together right, just look at the idiotic Star Wars ring theory. Basically, Snyder is to drama what Seth MacFarlane is to comedy. The two of them just constantly reference other peoples work.

This is the most retarded shit I've seen from Marveldrones yet.

>b-but just turn his head away
jesus christ

It was not a deconstruction of the Superhero genre in the first place. If anything that would be movies like the Watchmen, Deadpool, or Super.

>Every time he saves people he does it as a token act
I will never not be amazed just how far people will go to make up imaginary points. Kill yourself. You really should.

No you are geniunely retarded and you might also be mentally ill. All your points reek of someone who has a very big dick up his ass and needs to make up shit in his own head to make to come up with something constructive

>b-but why didn't he just turn his head aside
You've already ousted yourself the shiteating retard. You can stop now.

>2edy4me 15 year old
I will never not be amazed at the metal hoops people will jump through to defend something that is undefendable. If they weren't token acts Superman would not be pouting like a 9 to 5 middle aged office worker putting paper into the printer before work.

Snyder made the 9/11 scene with complete coherence with the final fight of MoS, while those hacks Disney hires for the MCU movies can't keep consistency in scenes about two guys throwing punches at each other. Like every other good he references other directors but visually Snyder has always been great and has his own visual style, that's why he's praised by everyone in the industry and shat on by mcu shills like you on taiwanese scuba diving forums

If you are strong enough to snap someones neck then you are clearly strong enough to move their head a little you daft fucking cunt.

>he saves people when then he doesn't smile or quip!! he's not a hero!
Stick to Baby Grewt son

Do you even understand the words that are comign out of your mouth? I really don't think you do

That is something you wrote. Which I assume sincerely. Now read again what you wrote. If you can't find anything wrong with it, then my point stands. You should kill yourself.

You see he's clearly trying to turn his head away but unable. It's literally in the film five seconds prior to his killing.

Again, imaginary made up arguments so you can have something to whine about.

>DChad
You're a numale videogame player

>why not just tell Zod to terraform Mars or Venus?
They're not habitable and is possibly impossible to change it.

Nobody in the industry praises him for his visual style. It was new and interesting when he first started doing it in 300 and Watchmen but now it is no different than what ever other action/disaster movie does.

>Blue and Teal
Check
>Random Slow Motion
Check
>CGI and Green Screened more than the Prequels
Check
>Face punching
Check
>No/barely useful guns
Check
>Destruction of cities
Check
>Brooding character
Check
>Pretentious justification for face punching
Check

>Nobody in the industry praises him for his visual style
Meanwhile nobody gives a shit about your Feige puppet TV directors. I love it when Marvelfags think they are in a position to criticize Snyder.

Haven't seen Spiderman but Wonder Woman was spectacularly awful.

Needless to say, after WW I'm not trusting the reviews.

BTFO

>Nobody in the industry praises him for his visual style
screenrant.com/james-cameron-zack-snyder-movies/

If it doesn't fell new or fresh is because people are copying his style. The last Kong movie looked just like Snyder and the new Thor flick had a scene in the trailer that Snyder could sue them for. Modern CBMs are defined by Raimi, Nolan and Snyder

Nolan's Batman was a good hero and he didn't endlessly act like a brooding asshole, he was a hero because he liked protecting his city.

I do, you clearly don't.

Zod and friends were wearing space suits when they first came to Earth, our atmosphere was clearly thought of as toxic to them. They only learned Earths atmosphere wasn't toxic incidentally.

This

We can agree on one thing.
Both films >>>>>> BvS or Suicide Squad

That mean a lot coming from the same guy who called Terminator:Genesis a renaissance for the franchise.

Again, read what you wrote. Aren't you going to stand by what you said?

>every time he saves someone is a token save

You said that thinking no doubt you were very smart. But it's clear to me you have no idea what you're even talking about considering how hard you're ignoring your own words. This is always how this goes.

why is there no
>both are utter garbage
option?

You're right. Cameron's word matters less than some Kevin Feige shill on Sup Forums who pretends he's consuming anything but bottom-of-the-barrel garbage that makes an average TV show look cinematic in comparison. You are an embarrassment.

I'd argue that his DCEU films are a deconstruction of a different sort: a tonal deconstruction leading into a rebuilding.

Man of Steel is essentially a comic-book hero set in a deconstructed, Nolan-eque sort of setting. BvS is the transition from that grittier, "magic-less," "real" world back into a more mythic, comic-book environment, and I'm betting that Justice League is the culmination of that transition.

And all of it happening courtesy of the coming of the Superman, the first superhero. Essentially it's meta-commentary on comics history, its pulp hero forerunners, and the myths that inspired them both.

Clark: superhero
Bruce: pulp hero
Diana: mythic hero

>even if he acts like a hero and saves the world it's not a hero unless he smiles and makes poop jokes
Are marvelbros getting, dare I say it, dumber by the week?

Those were my exact words retard.

DC has to many shills, both are good but Spider-man was way more fun.

They are geniunely children. Like this idiot hereIf he's not quipping or smiling about it, it means it's not meaningful.

>Snapping a Kryptonians spine is easier than moving their head to the side
>Snapping a neck is literally moving someone's head to the side at a very fast velocity
How about you just admit that the writing in Superman films is a purely arbitrary pile of shit that isn't internally consistent by any stretch of the imagination you fucking retard lol

He said it was the real version which is even worse

Probably SM Homecoming. I'd barely give both a 3/5 anyways.

Superman not smilling is like Batman making jokes.

He wanted to give Zod the chance to back out. He literally begs and screams to Zod not to do it. Upon realizing there is no stopping him, that it's either his death or the death of all of mankind, Superman makes his choice, bloodening his hands to preserve others.

You might not have understood that, doesn't mean the film didn't show that.

>I hated WW because it's too Marvel
>I loved this other Marvel movie better
Nice false flag "DChad"

Again I have never once mentioned the Marvel movies. You keep trying to build this narrative that I am a Marvel shill just because I criticize the DC movies, despite the fact I have complemented the earlier DC movies several times.

And you pick that scene as a symbol of bad CGI and compositing in Marvel movies when the DC movies look exactly the same, except Snyder color corrects everything that is not Kryptonite to be blue and teal. I mean Doomsday looks like he came straight out of Shrek, which is Dreamworks not Disney before you make some edgy comment.

Is this the year of Marvel, bros? Will they finally have an artistic merit worth a damn?

Is this you OP?? Spiderboy is apparently doing well in India

Zod wasn't interested in "colonizing" a world. He was dead-set on resurrecting Krypton, and to do that, he needed biomass. Earth has plenty. Mars doesn't.

>"A foundation has to be built on something."

When he was denied that, he had every intention of not stopping until he'd either deprived Clark of what he felt he'd been deprived - his people. He had every intention of making good on his promise if Clark refused to give him the death he craved at that point.

Show me exactly how you can do Doomsday better. This is the limits of modern CGI. Nobody complains about Doomsday except you.

But you clearly do take personal offence when your TV show Universe is being called out so I find it amusing how you also pretend to be dismissive about it.

So the opinion of the most succesful director ever is irrelevant because it hurts your feefees despite the fact that we have already proved you that Snyder not only has his own visual language but it is a language copied by others because you didn't like the design of a CGI monster

Really makes you think

>that shattered moon
Neat

This from the fucking retard that hasn't read the other 10 posts I have made that why don't have to inherently smile or quip to be enjoyable. Bale's Batman never smiles, but at the same fucking time Bale's Batman doesn't act like being a Superhero is a chore to him. Cavill's Superman bitches more than a 10 year old that was told to clean up their room.

When you are dead set to criticize Snyder's work as a director but at the same time carefully navigate criticism that Marvels look like CW TV shows that at best look like C-rate Snyder copies and at the same time pretend that you are the least bit knowledgeable in filmmaking and film criticism

Why is his language a grade school version of bay, sin city, pete berg and anderson(resident evil man)?
Why isn't he considered in the highs of the VA movement?

>The argument was "he was unable to turn his neck away"
>Not "but this is good characterization"

He was CLEARLY able, he snapped Zods neck. He could've held him in a headlock if he was able to do that. You weren't arguing it was some dumb characterization plot fiat moment, don't reach for a completely new perspective in an argument just because your current ones get shot to shit you cunt lol

Just gonna jump in to say that doomsday looked like the fucking cave troll from LOTR and had me in stitches in the theater, you can't defend those abhorrent special effects

This, Superman never does epik dance offs with Zod so he's not a true hero. Heroes can't be conflicted because heroes are inherently shit characters. Thanks user for sharing your opinion

So he's conflicted about the consequences his actions yield, making him second guess himself. Does that make him, to you, a better or worse superhero? A superhero that questions himself, that doubts himself, that asks himself what the best for mankind really is. Is that worse than a superhero that quips and smiles and shows no remorse or second thought as entire cities are being destroyed while you play quip games with Whore Widow?

What does the word "never" mean to you?

>Why is his language a grade school version of bay, sin city, pete berg and anderson(resident evil man)?
Because it isn't

He looked like Doomsday has always looked. You can pretend and scream how it wasn't so but this is an accurate Doomsday. You can't do it better with modern CGI. And yes he does look better than LOTR CGI.

Nobody complains about Doomsday inside your own personal echo chamber, but in the rest of the world everyone thinks Doomsday looks like a animated booger.

Snyder isn't even on the list of the 10 highest grossing director of all time.

The opinion of James Cameron you dense fuck

>but in the rest of the world
Please show me that rest of the world.

>he thinks successful means making money and not being influential on the film as medium
The absolute IQ of marveldrones.