FEIGE: "MICHELE IS NOT MJ"

Sup Forums BTFO by Feige

>“In setting up this will be a very different thing, she’s not Mary Jane Watson, that’s not who the character is. But giving her the initials that remind you of that dynamic certainly is intriguing about what could go forward."

>"Clearly, she says she’s not obsessed with him, she’s just observant. But she’s there. And to have fun with that while at the same time having it be different characters that can provide a different dynamic [is the point].”

>"Peter’s had a lot of friends over the years in the comics, and a lot of schoolmates and characters he’s interacted with. It wasn’t just Mary Jane Watson; it wasn’t just Gwen Stacy; it wasn’t just Harry Osborn. So we were very interested in the other characters, and that’s where Liz came from and that’s where the version of the character Michelle came from.”

denofgeek.com/us/movies/spider-man/266148/spider-man-homecoming-ending-kevin-feige-talks-some-surprises

Literally looks like Jaden Smith.

>Backpedaling this hard

>Literally copy and pasted a Sup Forums thread, didn't even bother changing it to Sup Forums

tumblr bfto

>"She's not Mary Jane, just MJ"
Feige is a retard.

>hey I have an idea, let's just throw MJ in there and see how the audience reacts, we don't HAVE to set anything in stone yet
>nope abort abort

Michelle Jackson

>go see movie with mom
>mom hasn't seen anything other than the other Spider-Man movies
>when Zandaya says her friends call her MJ my mom nudges me and says that she's the new Mary Jane

Feige is either backpedalling hard or is a complete retard. Probably both

Why is Sup Forums so booty blasted over this?

>could've named her gwen
>could've named her mary
>could've named her michelle and left out the MJ part
>instead gives her the acronym of a crucial main character that completely neuters 90% of peters interactions with the real mary jane when she's brought in

Because Sup Forums ruined Sup Forums, that's why

>My mom who doesn't know anything about Spiderman thought she was MJ so she is

Why do you assume they are going to bring in Mary Jane?

what the fuck does your mom have to do with her either being or not being MJ? I watched it with my mom and after the movie my mom nudged me and said that she's the new Hermione

the link in op where feige backtracks and basically admits they'll write in the real mary jane?

Sup Forums doesn't care
it's our "guests" from the other board that are shitposting and pretending to care about this

>my mom doesn't know anything about Spider-Man and therefore this is Feige's somehow

Literally nothing in that post says they will be adding Mary Jane.

Sup Forums really ruined this movie for me

>missing the point this hard
>general audience believes that the character is the new mary jane when that character claims to be called MJ

>producer claims that this character isn't mary jane but the movie seems to contradict it with this otherwise unnecessary scene

>therefore the producer is either backpedalling on the character being mary jane or the character was never meant to be mary jane and the scene where she claims to be MJ is misleading to the general audience

>it's hard to enjoy something built by slaves
What did she mean by this?

She's going out of her way to not to show any joy so she can retain her persona of being too cool for school

How dense are you. They used the "MJ" gimmick to convey to the audience that she would be the love interest, a role formerly occupied by Mary Jane. That does not mean she is Mary Jane or that their will be a different Mary Jane.

>she's not MJ but we're going to use her as a version of the MJ character

off yourself

Sony and Marvel seem to want to take the series in different directions. See the earlier statements where Pascal says Venom and Black&Silver are in the MCU, and Feige says they're not. If the agreement isn't renewed after the sequel, Michelle will definitely end up being MJ after that.

>They used the "MJ" gimmick to convey to the audience that she would be the love interest

They may have been going for that, but clearly it didn't work that way. Plus, they already began setting her up as a love interest when she knew about Peter quitting his various activities.

Secondly, audiences already know about other love interests like Gwen Stacy from the last reboot. Meaning that they know that Peter doesn't have to date MJ in every adaptation. They could've easily left her as Michelle, but instead they call her MJ at the very last second thus prompting articles like the one in the OP.

Right, it didn't work that way because your mum is an idiot.

Looks like racist Kevin is taking after Ike the racist kikes ways

Kevin, there wasn't only Peter Parker as well!

Except it seems like a lot of people thought this way, thus why the article in the OP exists.

If you have to come out and say that a character isn't Mary Jane when the only reason for people thinking she's Mary Jane is because she called herself MJ in a scene that added absolutely nothing else, then that is completely the fault of the people in charge of the movie.

But continue to suck Feige's cock

Yeah this would matter if I was a retard trying to endlessly justify myself watching the schlocky propaganda of hollywood.

You go around, like hamsters on a ferris wheel, getting whacked like down endlessly like moles in a game of whack-a-mole, and still popping up for more.

Luckily, I am of course, not a retard.

Right, we got it. You and your mom thought she was Mary Jane so that proves it.

Name a character MJ, "Lol nerds, She's not your MJ."

How is the film though, Is it out yet?

Yeah it does, thank you for understanding

No.

She's really not Mary Jane. They are not similar at all.

pic related

>She's really not Mary Jane. They are not similar at all

Well yeah, but why have her call herself MJ?

I saw a shitty cam rip, Keaton was truly excellent. Kind of pandered to children a little bit and there were about a dozen too many aunt may is fuckable jokes but other then that and if you can ignore the "diverse" cast it's definitely worth a watch.

I don't know, ask Micheal Jackson.

>shes not MJ, shes MJ
>being this retarded

i forgot he was in the spider-man universe

Here initials are MJ. People sometimes want to be called by their initials this is pretty rare but it's not none existent.

This right here. A Jew knows how to be sneaky.

and if that person is in a Spider-Man movie they are... MJ

Maybe her name is "Mary Juana"

Yes but not Mary Jane.

Yeah and I'm sure Uncle Ben will show up later as well.

>shes not MJ, shes MJ
>being this retarded

>She's not MJ, she's MJ
REALLY got the ol rusty gears crankin

I want her to be the MJ and have an original story for the new movie not some comic book adapation.

They're going to get a beautiful white skinned red haired MJ for when they make Donald Glover spiderman. I guarantee it.

Literally anyone who isn't a retard already knew this before the movie even came out.

>comic book adaptation
>b-but I don't want it based on the comics!
I hate your kind