Are some HDMI cables better than others, or is it a scam?

Are some HDMI cables better than others, or is it a scam?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/WireWorld-Platinum-Starlight-Cable-Meter/dp/B00KY2NKCO
google.no/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2008/03/03/audiophiles-cant-tell-the-difference-between-monster-cable-and/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

scam

yes

If it's not gold plated the whole way through with antivirus protection it's not worth your money.

It's all a scam. Audio cables are legit though

yes gold is better than silver is better than bronze

No it doesn't fucking matter.

As long as they meet the HDCP compliance standards they are exactly the same.

Gold doesn't degrade, so will last longer, but for quality it doesnt matter.

scam, hdmi transfers a digital signal, the material is irrelevant

Everything is a scam. If you ever think otherwise then I guarantee you are being scammed.

>he doesn't watch his films the patrician way
amazon.com/WireWorld-Platinum-Starlight-Cable-Meter/dp/B00KY2NKCO
fucking pleb

They sure are. Sup Forums here.

Are those dubs a scam?

Only the highest-quality materials should be used in the construction of your kino-viewing devices and accessories

Get the one with an antivirus.

You get what you pay for niggers

>DUDE GETS LMAO
fuck off back to

PT Barnum just had an incredible orgasm in the past, and he has no idea why.

Absolute scam. I buy the cheap ones for a few dollars from Amazon and they're perfectly fine. And even if they weren't who cares as I can buy more cheap.
The people who argue that gold-tipped are somehow better are on the same level as those insufferable audiophiles who spend thousands just to play fucking vinyl.

you don't deserve those dubs

>also, thinking dubs aren't apart of every boards culture
fuck off back to >>>/reddit/

This is ironically and unironically true at the same time

I'll show you later

>audio cables are legit though
HAHAHAHA, no.

>n-no you
pathetic. I wish you summerfags would get fucking gassed.

12 miles of HDMI cord, good deal.

>gold plated cables
Gold is used on some cables to avoid rust in moist environments, but it transfers electricity badly. If cables rust in your living room you'd better get extreme makeover to help you out

they make electrical grids out of copper wire and that shit is always on

They are, but the difference is negligible.

On a related note, do not ever buy any electronics-related thing that's gold-colored. It will be shit.

Sup Forums has sunken so low that I actually got excited for seeing a HDMI cable thread in the catalog

There are definitely scams like and Monster cables, but the most important part of HDMI is that they support HDCP and the throughput is sufficient for the resolution and framerate required (i.e. 4K@60Hz). There are also things like in-wall certification for fire safety and active cables that are necessary for long distance runs. Long story short: for 95% of users, the $3 HDMI cables from monoprice or Amazon will work just fine.

gilded HDMI is not as good as real gold HDMI

One is with cheap cables, other is with proper gold cables

>After the purchase, my wife left me. That's why I gave it 5 stars.
BRB buying one now.

I bought the fucking shittiest chinese hdmi cable with fucking horrible build quality and while it works, I have this feeling in the back of my mind that the slightly more expensive cable would have been better. Is this idea unfounded?

That idea is pretty much why Sony is still a company, famalam.

It's digital. If it was shit you wouldn't get a picture. If it works it works

No. If you're setting up external audio and you hear white noise with nothing playing then you've probably got bad cables, though. It's perfectly fine to hear (or so lightly head that it feels more like a sense) very high frequency noise that extremely low, like turning on a TV, but that's as bad as it should ever get.

It's a Scam like every modern products we have today.

>Mac Books are better for imaging editing
>Mac Books have colors that windows and Linux dont have
>"Professional HDMI Cables" are better imaging and sound

That player gets points for a cool design but everything else about it can fuck right off.

>>Mac Books are better for imaging editing
>>Mac Books have colors that windows and Linux dont have

the difference between a $5 and a $100 audio cable is big, the difference between a $100 audio cable and a $1000 audio cable is small

Well it's something that liberals faggots teachers we're dumping into Design Scholls until few years ago, but now people know it's fucking bullshit.

just get 1.4 or whatever the fuck it is so you can use 4K

Assuming we are talking about analog ones then correct.

>poorfucks can't afford this

Wrong.

>Audiophiles can't tell the difference between Monster Cable and coat hangers

google.no/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2008/03/03/audiophiles-cant-tell-the-difference-between-monster-cable-and/

What kind of cables do you think professional studios use?
Hint: they're cheap

Why are people still falling for the 4k meme?

>HDR in 4K is a meme
This board is literally the dumbest place on earth besides the heart of africa

Everything different is the same thing.

digital signal is a digital signal

>Are some HDMI cables better than others

Yes, absolutely. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a fucking retard.

While you don't have to waste your money on over priced Monster brand shit, the stuff you get cheap isn't nearly as good as the stuff you get from a decent company.

There's shielding to be considered and bandwidth.

FUCKING WRONG

Wow you pleeb tier Sup Forums idiots are stupid.

>why do people want higher resolution

Forgot to mention OP, if you have a lot of stuff hooked up to your TV, like game boxes and maybe a cable box, you're going to want to make sure you get a decent shielded cable. You don't have to pay a lot for them, just do your homework.

Trying to fit in ayy?

When it comes to resolution the actual physical size of the display matters more than the resolution. If you've got a 2k screen the size of your cell phone it won't make much difference when the pixel count is doubled. But if you've got a screen the size of a cinema screen it'll show. So you really only need a certain resolution to get the highest-seeming quality out your computer or TV screen.

Some HDMI genuinely have better quality cabling, most importantly the shielding.

If you want a long cable with a 4K HDR signal or the cables are running close to high powered speakers, shit quality cables can cause dropouts. Digital error correction only goes so far, eventually the signal gets so bad it can't repair it.

Only a dummy would consider 4k on their phone so whatever. I've had a high definition television in my home cinema room for 7 years it's time for ultra high definition

At 55 inches or more, very common for most households, 4k is noticeably different from 1080. At 55 it's not night and day but you can tell.

Most middle class homes have at least one 50 inch TV.

What do you suggest for a 4k OLED TV ? I'm planning to stream to it from my comp.

wait until they make a 4k tv without smart tv features. That shit is annoying

Most middle class homes don't have tvs anymore with everybody on their phones and laptops these days.

>12 miles

A GOAT cable won't help if the port it plugs into is bad. We're having that problem with some of the laptops at work.

Any name brand TV will be fine since almost all of the panels are made by one of two companies. As long as it supports HDR you're good.

>No. If you're setting up external audio and you hear white noise with nothing playing then you've probably got bad cables, though.

fuck! i have this in my car, but I only started getting it after i put an amp in for my front speakers. did those assholes put bad cables in? i must investigate this

OP the deal is, if you see the picture it's full quality. It's not analog so there's no signal degradation or anything. If you have a bad cable it will cut out or glitch and you'll know it. There is no need or gold plating or shielding or any of that bullshit.

There's a reason all those $2 3ft cables at Dollar Tree are always sold out.

Resellers.

>No it doesn't fucking matter.
electrical currents run better through gold than any other metal

How could it NOT be a scam?

>he doesn't shield and elevate he's cables to avoid electrical iffeterence

You need HDMI 2.0 to do 4K at 60Hz.

it's called infetterence dumbass

I don't even think that's a word

Any screen above 19" needs to be 4k or more. My 32" computer monitor is 8k and I wouldn't go back to less.

>Gold is used on some cables to avoid rust in moist environments, but it transfers electricity badly.

>electrical currents run better through gold than any other metal

Somebody is lying to me.

>he doesn't connect his TV directly to any Kinoplex within a twelve-mile radius

Gold is corrosion proof and conducts electricity better

You say that because you're conciously aware of it, but if someone switched it out without your knowing, would you be able to tell?

Yeah, i'd be a little worried. I like to pay just a few dollars more for cables that won't fall apart on me. Otherwise, if you're not going to be plugging and unplugging them all of the time you're probably fine.

>Gold's high malleability, ductility, resistance to corrosion and most other chemical reactions, and conductivity of electricity have led to its continued use in corrosion resistant electrical connectors in all types of computerized devices (its chief industrial use).
Copper is the way to go, silver tarnish too fast

On a 32" screen I might not be able to tell the difference between 4k and above while watching a movie from a few feet away, but when editing text and sitting relatively close it's very noticeable.

different cables do make a difference for analog transportation

changed the thin aluminium cables that came with my Logitech Z5500 speakers for thick 3mm copper cables and they sound totally different

see

The biggest problem with 4k is what are people watching on it? Watching 1080i streaming TV on your 4k TV is pretty pointless and I doubt most people with 4k TVs, unless they're people really into movies, will have a 4k bluray player. I think Netflix and maybe other sites can stream in 4k but that's still one out of three ways of watching stuff.

Amazon and Netflix both stream in 4K. It's still sort of niche but the amount of 4K content is growing pretty quickly.

dude he responded to the post you refered him to

electric runs better in silver than gold

They're streaming things "in 4K" that weren't filmed or mastered in 4K.

The amount of actual 4K content is still next to zero.

All the Amazon original content is native 4k.

The only show I've heard of that was streaming in 4k on Netflix (I'm sure there's more but it's the only once I've heard of) was Breaking Bad, which I'm pretty sure was shot on film so as long as the transfer is 4k it should be fine.

You're saying most of the 4k content is upscaled from 1080p?

Which one is better

>movies play at 60fps

>You're saying most of the 4k content is upscaled from 1080p?
The Martian was mastered at 2K.

30Hz isn't acceptable for even a basic GUI. It's just complete shit.

I think the video output for television and probably bluray players is 60fps even if the movie is playing at 24 fps. I don't know if having a setup that only supports 30Hz would make the movie looks choppier or not but it would affect any user interface like said.

Live sport.