>Literally everybody watched Cartoon Network and Toonami growing up

>Yet literally noone remembers Big O

Can someone please explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2VPwmFPp9Kk
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52tMHbFWacITTkzSU5vYWhRYm8
strawpoll.me/13389253
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought about how Big O was basically Mecha Batman last night. Haven't watched it so I was a kid though, how's it hold up?

I remember it

I thought it was boring. I forced myself to watch a few different episodes but it was really bad when it next to shit like Gundam Wing, DBZ, and even Ronin Warriors was better than this shit.

Because it is. The same art studio of Big O worked for the guys doing the Batman animated series.

I kinda want to watch it because when I was a kid I saw part of an episode where he's in a giant robot thing and he goes into a bigass sewer thing and is about to fight this kaiju-looking motherfucker and I don't remember what happens next.
At least I think that was from this show.

Nobody cared to watch Big O. They watched everything else, and when Big O came on, they switched channels.

no season 3 and a cliffhanger season 2 ending

No body actually watched cartoon network or toonami, is collective nostalgia that people join the train on in order to feel more connected to their generation.

good for a while. after season 1 cartoon network starts making it and you can tell. im guessing it got canceled because the ending kinda sucks

Because Season 2 was shit and they basically made an entirely different show than Season 1 when Cartoon Network was paying the bills.

I never really understood Big O's story because it was always on near the crack of dawn so it was hard to ever watch it consecutively. Dorothy a cute though

Big O is Kino.

theres a big difference between an individual actually doing a thing and an individual believing when mass media defines that thing as being part of your culture

h-heh yeah, I mean who would stay up all night watching anime and fall asleep at 6am after inuyasha

Big O is one of my favorite shows for it's amazing mix of genres and style.

I rewatch this series every winter or so. There's something about the first season. The mystery. The air of melancholy that hangs behind every character. The atmosphere. Even the show itself couldn't duplicate with season 2.

I love the mecha too. Macho and practical. Like Roger Smith.

A shame about the shit ending. Maybe it's nostalgia, but this show holds a special place in my heart.

I used to watch it every morning before work. It was a slow moving series, with an odd monotone, that I think drove people away.

It gets boring and incoherent very quickly. I don't know why so many mech shows try to be sociopolitical or attempt a 2deep4u plot.

i rewatch lost in translation (scarjo and murray) like fifteen times until it wore off. i watched it for the same reasons you watched bigo, i just needed something from it.

now i cant sit thru it. it seems so pretentious and sloppy. but when i was younger every second was bliss

Because every episode felt half-finished. The show tries to be mysterious but it hardly ever addresses basic details and just about every element of the story comes off as convoluted.

wonderful series

>noone remembers Big O
But isn't that appropriate for the show's plot?

Anyway, I really liked it. Felt like Batman TAS with weaker animation but giant robots punching each other and Steve Blum to make up for it.

my memories of late night Cartoon Network are pretty much half conscious snippets of Big O and 1995 Ghost in the Shell.

Dark City batman

everyone remembers this guy,

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong board, Sup Forums is two doors down

random guy
has access to giant mech
random mech fights
in the last episode it turns out it was all a simulation and all the previous episodes had no weight or anything to do with the ending
the simulation repeats itself

Waist of time watching it

youtube.com/watch?v=2VPwmFPp9Kk

That show sucked. Gave it an honest try and it was just a dumb show.

Hey buddy at least send him to the right board.

/m/

I don't remember it on CN/Toonami (in the UK) and I watched that shit religiously, but I watched it years later, it was bretty gud.

I was watching it one day and completely forgot I was watching it as soon as a commercial came on.

I enjoyed Big O as a kid.

Frankly, I can actually see this becoming a live action without someone fucking it up entirely like other anime-live action adaptions.

still one of ny favorite chinese girl cartoons and the only one I'll watch dubbed

GOAT ost also

t. weeb

I have all of season 2 on DVD

It's fucking amazing

I love Big O quite a bit. It gets a little disjointed in the second season, and the ending can offputting, but it's worth a watch to anyone interested. It's hard to find a good download for the show, so here's a link to all the blurays. Best quality you're gonna find.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52tMHbFWacITTkzSU5vYWhRYm8

I was already an adult when this stuff aired.

this is my nigga
there are many like him
but this one is mine

I remember it!

One of the most underrated Anime of all time. The themes it dealt with were just way too over the heads of most casual watchers.

This is exactly how I felt when it was airing. Wonder if Ill enjoy it now.

Mecha are nips capes. Superheroes did the same after a while, not counting subtler ones like X men, because there was nothing else to do at a certain point. Mechs have been around for almost as long and thus by the eighties everyone felt they had to do something special. Without the 2deep4u plot Big O would just be a better animated Giant Robo, and even that got a reboot with social commentary.

i like pretend the second season doesn't exist. Big O is perfect as it is with just the 1 season.

10/10 bait because fuck you

Everyday after school. When they started doing the night shift with DBZ. When they moved to Saturdays. Fuck you.

I fucking loved Ronin Warriors. Literally never see it talked about.

Hope everyone's ready for FLCL 2/3 to do the same thing.

You mean before Inuyasha, right? Right, user?

This is pretty much it for me as well.
and they also showed reruns of Freakazoid at five in the fucking morning, what the hell!

It was pretty trippy and disjointed for me as a kid, plus it usually had a later timeslot. Probably why I (and others) never watched it much.

The Big O was absolute kino.

i remember watching Wolf's Reign and not understanding any of it

wolves are people but actually still wolves the whole time?

>Literally everybody watched Cartoon Network and Toonami growing up

I graduated from high school in 1990. You millennials are shit.

strawpoll.me/13389253

Speaking of Toonami. When do you have to be born to be considered an "early 2000s kid"?

I graduated in 95, and I used to watch Toonami every Fucking night.

>Ronin Warriors
My nigga

>FLCL gets two new seasons

>Big O season 3 never ever

It's not fair

I like the soundtrack.

I'll show you a big O faggot