I don't want to get hyped for Justice League after getting burned out on BvS... But I loved Ezra as Barry

I don't want to get hyped for Justice League after getting burned out on BvS... But I loved Ezra as Barry

He was spot on that Barry/Wally hybrid he's been written as since the New 52/CW show. Yes, I am a casual, but N52/CW/Rebirth Barry is muh Barry.

Just wish the Flash suit was better. At least he has the lightning ears now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SeMbKqUTJ4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wish DC was patrician enough to do a Flash of two worlds with Gustin and Miller.

Millers down for it too

I dont like the "whip" sound effects when he's moving the batterang though

I wish they just made him Wally and had token mentions to 'another Flash'. It would have made things a lot cooler. Ezra's a near perfect Wally, but I'm not feeling him as Barry.

>tfw WB makes toy Flash gloves with whipping sounds
youtube.com/watch?v=SeMbKqUTJ4s

Barry is Wally now, even comics Barry is a more mature Wally

But you can't really blame them. Barry didn't have a personality before 2000 something.

Oh, yeah, I know, but Ezra is playing the role a lot, lot goofier than Grant.

So they could throw the fans a bit of a bone instead of pulling the old 'tv show aren't canon and thus don't really matter' and have him be Wally.

I just wish they pulled a Marvel and kept all the live action stuff in one universe.

>I just wish they pulled a Marvel and kept all the live action stuff in one multiverse
FTFY

You mean, like Guardians of the Galaxy?

Huh, that sounds awesome. Why the fuck did I never hear about these?

Aside from cracking a joke I didn't see much Wally in there.

Wally is a wisecracking smartass
Barry is a dorky nerd or at least that's what they were trying to do for awhile.

Playing up Barrys dorkiness is for the best, he was a nerd inspired by his favourite comic book character

>I just wish they pulled a Marvel and kept all the live action stuff in one universe.
TV shows and movies being in the same canon is the stupidest idea ever

I prefer the everything is canon live action multiverse. I mean shit 90s Flash and even trash like Birds of Prey are now canon to the DCEU through the multiverse! That's fucking great.

How? Honestly tell me fucking how.

Agents of SHIELD is too slow paced to be a movie, and Daredevil and street level stuff work better in seasons while still being able to reference events from the bigger stuff, and also opening the door for collaborations between Daredevil and Spidey for instance.

There's literally no downside; it's not like they interfere with each other THAT much. Oh, wait, you're just shitposting with no actual reason.

He unironically sounds like a sperg

Not him, but I can see where is coming from. Most people work for a living and have to miss their favorite shows and binge them during their off-time. If you make TV and movie take place in the same universe the audience will likely be out-of-touch once they sit down in the theater due to missing a few episodes of the TV show, cheapening the experience.

>mid 20s forensic scientist
>named and designed himself after his favourite comic book character
>sits around in the dark watching cartoons and on Sup Forums
Of course he's a sperg

It's not like this garbage is connected in any significant way.

You don't miss anything by not watching the shows. The movies and even shows are perfectly okay by themselves. They all just add flavor to each other.

There's something called ACTING, and Gustin can't do it.

There's nothing patrician about CW actors.

That makes a lot of sense, but rather than straight up pulling characters and events from the TV series into the movies, simply mentioning stuff in the movies without it being a plot point would work a lot better.

Using Marvel as an example, take the Helicarrier from Age of Ultron.

It was made a fairly minor plot point in Agents of Shield, and in Ultron they just spout some line about it being "In storage" or something.

They could have made a crack about an old friend pulling them a favour, sat Maria Hill and Nick Fury on the thing, and then put a couple of the characters from Agents of Shield sat on control panels, or piloting one of the transports or something, at most give them one throwaway line.

The fans of the show would squeal with geek-joy, the movie casuals wouldn't notice and it wouldn't break the flow of the movie.

It'd make people shut up about the TV/Movie crossovers, it'd make the executives look less petty, and it'd be an extra little nod to there being stuff outside of the movies going on.

Because the shows production and the movies production are so off they don't even know what the other is going to do.

>Gustin can't do it.
Neither can Gadot.

Maybe you meant the lacking screen presence for the big screen? Then again Gadot doesn't have any either.

It'd be easier if he was a jew.

This.

Saying that, i think the dude who plays OG Eobard Thawne is good enough for the movie-verse.

There's a big difference between having B-listers and OCs in TV shows compared to a member of the JL.

Imagine we had a Captain America TV series instead of the films and he just showed up to lead the Avengers

They don't need to know what the other is going to do. The street level stuff acts in reaction to whatever bullshit the Avengers pull; I'm certain the Defenders are going to have to deal with the Sokovia Accords during their run.

That's it. The other thing it allows for is team ups but they haven't done that yet considering how expensive it must be to hire the big name actors and do the CG. Otherwise, the connected canon allows for interesting reactionary issues in the shows. It's not like it's all jumbled u or anything.

>The movies and even shows are perfectly okay by themselves

>rather than straight up pulling characters and events from the TV series into the movies, simply mentioning stuff in the movies without it being a plot point would work a lot better.

Then what's the point of having them share a universe if you're going to keep them separated anyway?

>Using Marvel as an example
Here is where you're logic and reason are shit. WB/DC wouldn't execute that like Disney/Marvel did. I'm a DC fanboi and I can see that plain as day.

This.

I don't really see anything of Wally in this movie Barry. I don't understand why people are saying he acted like Wally at all.

>The movies and even shows are perfectly okay by themselves
Why are you quoting me? Is this supposed to be bad? For the average normal person, they can go to the films and just enjoy them; you don't need to see the shows to understand them, and vice-versa. If you're a nerd and/or watch everything, they just add flavor to one another;

>Then what's the point of having them share a universe if you're going to keep them separated anyway?

For the same reason that mentioned, so that people don't watch one of the movies and then feel like they have to sit through three seasons of one of the TV shows to understand what's going on.

>I wish they just made him Wally and had token mentions to 'another Flash'. It would have made things a lot cooler.

They really should have went Barry-Wally deal with like how Antman did with Hank-Scott.
A bit of heroic history would have made him better than the generic "muh mum is dead" story.

Sounds like we're jumpting through a lot of hoops just to hear some fanbois sqeal...

If the movies and TV shows are perfectly OK by themselves, what's the point of having them share a universe if you're going to keep them separated anyway?

am I the only one who loves the suit? it's clearly inspired by injustice, which is probably my favourite flash look - it's a nice deviation from the tight leather status quo for superhero suits

my only gripe is that it's too shiny, wish it was more matte

When the show is setting the inhumans up and the movie staff admits they have no idea what the show is doing it does matter.

Or when the show is told into production that the movies are going to destroy SHIELD and the show had to struggle to figure out what the fuck it was going to do for half a season.

Yeah, I'm a Wallyfag but it annoys me that whenever Barry shows even the slightest bit of personality he's somehow like Wally. They might be of similar molds, but they're very distinct characters.

Barry being a goofy nerd is just an extrapolation of what was already there. It's what you get when he's (re)created in the modern day instead of the late 50's.

>But I loved Ezra as Barry
I hate you with every possible fiber of my being.

That said, I hope you at least enjoy the movie then, as it's proving to be impossible for me.

>Ezra will never give you a super-speed blowjob

FUCKING SNYDER

You must've liked Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor as well, then.

They seem exactly the same.

If they share the same universe then The Flash won't even have a TV show, and all the semi-famous villains won't appear on the TV. Imagine you have to put a villain in the Flash movie but he already appeared in the TV shows monster of the week format, it'd be a pain the ass to write around it

I don't really care much about the lightning being everywhere, but it should be obvious it doesn't damage or impact anything. It should be residual, like when someone interacts with him it should feel like their full of static.

Also, the blue lightning triggers me. It should've been yellow. He just looks like he's going Super Saiyan

This is based on New 52 when DC wanted to make -only one- Flash. They thought making the ideal mix of all Flashes was enough to sell the character.

Instead they managed to make him even more boring an generic who only appeals to toddlers.

There's no jumping through a lot of hoops...having them in the same canon makes things feel like they're affecting each other.

Since you can't read obviously, they share a universe even if they're kind of independent because:

>they just add flavor to one another
>add flavor
>flavor

They might have team ups in the universe, maybe not, but what it really does is make it feel like the world is actually alive rather than telling fans that "oh yeah, this show really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of other heroes, and it's getting rebooted into another show and then another movie after that".

The movie staff never said they have no idea what the show is doing. Supposedly the movie was supposed to be phase 4, but there's been no set up whatsoever in the other movies and they realized no movie goer would recognize them, so they said, "Hey, maybe they'd be better for a TV show." Maybe they didn't fully know the TV show's plan, but they gave ample, ample time to readjust or cancel if need be. It's not like Marvel was deep into production.

The SHIELD being destroyed thing was a bit last minute but it mostly worked out, and otherwise the universe is okay. A SHIELD series would be stupid without the movies anyway.

Wait, his name's Ezra? I got confused there for a moment

Fair enough. I'm not a writer over at DC, I'm sure they'd make it work. But a multiverse Barry crossover would be cool too.

It's awesome. I like it.

I wish they would give him blonde hairs. But nope. This discrimination against blandes need to be stopped.

I also feel like even with the bigger budget, movie Barry won't be as fast as TV Barry

Jesus Christ he is not a Wally hybrid and neither is CW Flash.

Barry is a spergy whitebread dork who is loveably awkward

Wally is a cocky flirt who is charmingly douchey

Being amusing for two different reasons doesn't make them the same characters.

Even the way they do science is different. Barry is that Jee golly wilikers absent minded professor type while Wally is your asshole scientist archetype in the vein of House or Sherlock.
Barry Allen drinks milk and reads comics

Wally West buys a van to pick up chicks.

It's like confusing Will with Carlton they are funny for opposite reasons!

Tell me even 1 Wally like aspect of this Flash we saw in the JL trailer

What, you don't like how any color, be it hair or costume, gets washed away?

I hate it, he looks like a Power Rangers reject, even more than Civil War Black Panther since at least he was able to pull it off.

The helmet's alright though.

It's too late for Justice League but I hope they reveal in his solo that he has always had blonde hairs and he just colors them black.

I always like the armor-like superhero suits.

I don't like the ears (show did it better with lightning bolts) and the fact that his Speed Force lightning is blue for no reason.

>Grant Gustin - "Oh sick, I haven’t seen it [is handed phone displaying Justice League image]… They’re completely different. Yeah, I mean I was kind of expecting this, I heard it was going to be kind of like Injustice. I hadn’t seen this yet, what else is out. Sorry I’m scrolling through the whole thing, I haven’t seen this picture. Yeah, that’s sick. Um… yeah, it’s sick. I’m glad it’s really different though [laughs]. Because ours is like a street, vintage feel that I don’t think has been done in any other version of the character."

Do you think he was bitter?

But that would be vastly limiting for everyone. Gotham Supergirl big chunks of Arrow (including The good parts) and pretty much every character they do wouldn't work if they had to make everything one DCU. Especially because they have going on a dozen shows coming out. Would Powerless really work in the Snyderverse.
>Hey we have this funny Green Lantern Joke
>Sorry he doesn't exist until 2020

Imagine that multiplied by 200.

The my shows work because they take advantage Marvel's "islands" of sub verses that overlap a bit. Daredevil fucking around won't really mess with The Avenger but you can't do that when your shows and movies are using the same character base.

You would vastly cripple the crew especially because the lead times for film and tv are so different.

A multiverde is the best solution they can do, where they can cross over the stuff they can without having to force anything.

Perfect example with Supergirl. Supergirl by definition means Superman and a Superman who has been Supermanning for a while, that literally is impossible given how the Arrowverse is. Ic they were the same universe you would either have to retatdly say Superman was off Supermanning in a world just got it's superheroes or you would have to heavily write him out of Super girl. For example by just making her Clark's role.

A multiverse let's them crossover when they want without every plot point on every show having to vet with every other plot point.

The mcu works because it's serial. One event after the other, with the tv shows flowing in between the gaps.

That does not hold up when you have 15 different stories on different networks with different crews all doing different things.

Hell it would be embargoes but worse, you think we would be getting the Legion of Doom this season if everything was in the dcu? Or Martian fucking Manhunter? Or the JSA? Or Starro?

Think for A second man

>Do you think he was bitter?
After Cavanagh, of all people, made a whole rant about how they should have chosen Gustin as the Flash for DCEU? Yeah, probably.

Maybe? He was really well received as a character from a really well received series, only for them to recast the same character for a higher salary role.

Its like voicing Bugs Bunny in a cartoon, only for them to use a different VA for the movie even though you did great.

He might also be an actual Flash fan and hated the shit but didn't want to seem too negative

>implying a jewish squeaker is the perfect barry/wally hybrid
Nice blog op.
>Do you think he was bitter?
No because when this movie bombs he'll still be on the air as the better Flash.

That's why instead of pushing out a billion retarded shows with no connection to each other like DC, they consolidate them mostly on one network and communicate (mostly) what they plan to do to figure out what works and what doesn't. It's also why they choose carefully what superheroes should be on screen and which ones shouldn't, and why they put the Inhumans together with another show.

Just because DC is fucking utterly retarded with how their shows work doesn't mean it's not possible to create a functioning universe with shows and movies. Marvel has done it, and they push out shows that can work within canon and plan how they fit in, rather than DC's 'hey that sounds cool, let's just make a show out of it and say it's all a multiverse!'

>but Ezra is playing the role a lot, lot goofier than Grant

Grant Gustin plays Flash as a dork too.

>So they could throw the fans a bit of a bone instead of pulling the old 'tv show aren't canon and thus don't really matter' and have him be Wally.

It's not that "the tv shows aren't canon" it's "the TV shows exist in a different universe". Do you even Hypercrisis, user.

This.

Flash TV series isn't going anywhere, and they at least act like they give a fuck about the Flash.

He's still probably a bit irritated that he wasn't able to be the Flash in the film universe, so he could get a bigger salary as well as see his character with a bigger budget.
But I imagine it also has to do with how well the TV series is doing. No matter what happens with the films, it'll still be well received and prosperous, and if they had casted Gustin then his salary in the show would've increased by a lot and filming would have to work around the films.

They're never going to cross over, so you can say 'they just in different universes user!' all you want but it means jack shit. It's just two ways to make money off Flash for DC instead of one.

Yeah but forcing them into the same continuity causes more problems that it will solve. This is better than having to juggle the exposure from two different production teams and inevitably fucking over one in favor of the other.

So instead of a variety of shows on various networks that for there time and artistic sensibilities you would have just a hand full of Snyderverse spinoffs?

Why what would be the point, how would that increase quality.

All you are doing is stopping people from doing anything.

Especially because the DCEU is a very early DC the TV shows would basically have nothing to work with. Gotham maybe as a prequel but its hands tied all around.

Yeah, Wally acts more like Kirk while Barry is more...Chekov in the reboots?

That being said Wally would make an amazing foil to Barry as a friend in solo movies. I have been digging what Rebirth did to their relationship.

IMHO Barry's relationship with Bruce is a lot closer to Wally's. The age & power gap in their interactions are too much.

>introverted
>smart
These are the fearutes that Wally dosen't have yet normies will shit on this take for being like Wally and "not muh Barry"

>They're never going to cross over
why do they have to cross over?

No, DC is fucking doomed unless they cancel all their shows and start from scratch, which is stupid because there's some good stuff.

I don't trust them to not go balls to the wall retarded and fuck it up again so they might as well keep what they have.

All I was saying was that it's very possible to do a show/movie universe. Marvel's done it.

>le Barry/Wally hybrid meme
He's clearly Dick Grayson with speed powers

They don't, but when anons say 'they don't need to be canon, they're all multiverses!' that only really means something if they contact one another.

Otherwise they're just two separate shows sharing somewhat common elements.

>I have been digging what Rebirth did to their relationship.

Same here. Nice to see the writers have a good handle on how to differentiate them right off the bat.

>WHAAAAAA THEY'RE MAKING A BETTER FLASH, TOM HELP ME PLEASE
Jesus, calm down Grant

Dick Grayson has more in common with Wally than Barry though. Hell, they're best buddies.

Oh yeah trying to ocmbine them would be a disaster.

It just must suck to be Gustin and know that DC is going to focus all their attention on marketing Ezra's Flash, and that's going to be what the normal fans conisder the 'true' Flash when it's obvious Gustin has put so much work into the character

>He's still probably a bit irritated that he wasn't able to be the Flash in the film universe,
I don't get that from him in interviews. He's more like "oh well" and he knows Snyder universe is different from what they do on their show. If they casted him in the movie it would connect the tv show with the movies which they don't want to do.

Gustin is going to be sitting pretty after the Flash concludes so it isn't all about money anyway. He'll be making residuals if Flash goes into syndication.

I'm not sure about it. Both doesn't look like Barry but something about Gustin's aura still carries some of Barry. Whereas Ezra is a downright Peter Parker rip-off.

I hope they kill off Ezra in a sequel so Wally can improve on the work.

>Whereas Ezra is a downright Peter Parker rip-off.
Kek people said the exact fucking same thing about Gustin during he pilot.

Especially because it would force the tv and file to compete over every major character.

>We wanna do Ras
No we are doing him like this for the movies
>We wanna do Reverse Flash
No he is totally different in my screenplay
>We wanna do a superhero office com
There are only three superheroes in the world, No.

>Hey Gotham city show

Hell no, we can't let you use up the backstoties of our biggest brand

>Multiverse
No
>Suicide Squad
No
>Katanna, Green Lantern, Aquaman,Vandal Savage,supergirl,The Legion of Superheroes,Martian Manhunter,the JAS

Nononononononerino

Even if the shows have good and bad parts saying they should be able to do anything at all is stupid especially since they came out the best part of a decade before the DCEU picked up, they wouldn't be able to anything because the DCEU had one public hero and all the major lore was tied up in movies many years in advance

We wouldn't even HAVE a Flash. Or a Supergirl. Or Gotham.

I think it's mostly because of the continual use of a younger Barry who's just starting out as a hero. If he's been the Flash in costume for a few years and they showed him in a more professional role then those comparisons wouldn't be made.

Ezra managed to make Barry sound even more socially inept than Grant did, which is an accomplishment. Also I don't think Grant didn't make a big deal about not having friends, he was more obsessed about Iris.

That being said, this is the perfect set up for Wally to come in and be a partner to him. >Dick Grayson

We're saying Wally is actually a cool guy and you pick up a character who is even COOLER in-universe.

You couldn't have picked a worse comparison mate. Tim Drake makes a lot more sense than Dick.

I know. I am saying that would be a bad idea.
Notice Marvel didnt do my shows until AFTER Avengers and all the big names were already in film series so the shows could play around on the edges of the universe

That wouldn't work for the DCEU. None of the shows could have been made because they all use lore from stuff like Flash Superman Batman and Justice Leauge that wouldn't be able to be done until all those movies were out.

Teen Titans The Batman and the DCAU didn't need to be in the same universe to be good but they still causes issue for eaachother when using the same characters.

Making everything DCEU would just make that worse.

You at trying to make shows based around scripts pilots drafts drafts pitched not even don yet for films the Better part I a decade away that aren't even that good.

Superior and Flash wouldn't work together and that's just one connection. You increase that exponentially with every new property.

Between ten films and 12 or so shows all years apart on different schedules and different platforms with different crews you would be crippled.

There is a reason marvel only had two shows on tv that were very light in comic book stuff.

Netflix for around by this by basically mirroring the mix with serial film releases replaced with serials of tv shows

The mcu was a narrow and specific set of circumstances that DC could not really are. And really why would they?

Marvel tv is pretty mediocre aside from 2 ish Netflix shows. They cancelled half there broad cast shows (by that I mean one show because they only had TWO) and hell, now they are doing a DC show.

Dc strategy for tv is overwhelming successful they have six shows thriving on in on network and many more across the gambit and many more en route

Marvel tv is anemic, precisely because of the logistic concerns we discussed.

Netflix is really there only saving grace because the model dovetails so nicely

And of those 'thriving shows' outside of Flash and Gotham, they're all fucking shit, and Flash even has its ups and downs and Gotham has only gotten good recently. DC shows are extremely, extremely inconsistent in terms of quality because everyone's just doing their own thing because DC does not give a single fuck.

Meanwhile, while Agent Carter was decent, it was cancelled and Agents of SHIELD was kind of mediocre. But all of their Netflix shows are critical darlings, faithful to the source material, and are intertwined well and I'm pretty sure all of them are going to be good because Marvel oversees their shows and tries to make them decent.

Also, what logistic concerns? What anemia? All of their shows, at least on Netflix, have been well produced and there's more in sight with Punisher, Jessica Jones season 2, Defenders, Iron Fist, Luke Cage. That matches up easily with DC's lineup and considering the shit populating that market if all of them are at least only decent they beat out DC. And Marvel has a very good track record on Netflix.

Only recently has DC realized the fucked up, but they're too far gone now and just let their fuck up of a show lineup still exist.

DC Has Arrow,Gotham,The Flash, iZombie,Supergirl, Legends of Tommorow, Lucifer and Preacher out now with Powerless, Scapled and Krypton coming out. Add ten shows in development and you see a diverse and helathy slate of shows.

Cry "they all suck" all you want but you cant objectvly measure taste. DC has shown that it can manage a suite of healthy shows that can fin audiences, become profitable and not get cancled on a multitude of shows AND that many more networks are interested in the brand.

Marvel as Agents of Shield on abc and there Netflix shows. Thats it.

From any empiracle rubric DCTV is doing significantly better that Marvel.

The idea that a Disney network would produce a dc comics show is so unthinkable Greg Weisman himself used that very scenario as a doomsday option to get Young Justice made. Disney itself probabaly noticed this which is why its liscneing out those xmen shows with Fox.

The Movie/Tv shared universe thing is trending towards a failed experiment, at least failed at the scale Disney was going for.

They probabaly could just stick to films and netflix as the "two prongs" of the MCU each with there own phases and weaving in and out of eachother and leave broadcast tv to indepent series like these fox xmen ones.

That may be there plan as it is, with aos just a vestigal organ of a failed gambit.

This is good .bad ideas fail so we can turn to good ones. trial and error is key to iteration.

Dc has learned somethings on how to handle movies better like Marvel, Marvel has learned some things on how to handle tv shows better like DC. iron sharpens iron and the end result is there competition leads to us getting a better product.

This is art and capitalism working together in harmony improving both craft and coffer.

The only one that's COMPLETE shit is Arrow.

Flash really squandered a lot of goodwill in S2 and Legends was really disappointing, but both of them have worthwhile aspects.

I liked Supergirl. Fight me.

I didn't even dislike Supergirl, it's just extremely, extremely forgettable. She works better as a movie character, easily.

nah dude, I'm with you. I'm usually really against overdesigned suits but I totally get the design for the flash costume. it kind of seperates him from the other heroes while showing off his incredible skill in right about everything (because he can learn fast as a motherfucker)

people can hate all they want but it's not bad

funny thing is they will probably make the suit more simple in the flash movies but everyone will shit talk anyway. I like evolving suits throughout movies

You call what DC does handling their shows well? They throw darts at a wall and see what sticks. If it's unprofitable they cancel it even if it's good, if it brings in the cash they keep it even if it's utter shit (cough cough Arrow).

This isn't good for the consumer at all, we're given a list of shit and have to pick and choose what decent ones exist, if they do at all, while DC's subhired developers throw darts at the wall again.

Marvel wizened up, put most of their stuff on one network, slow down the development to try to make it decent, and remain faithful to the source material.

DC shows (while some are interesting) just seem to be making up shit as they go along. Half the stories are jumbled, the arcs make no sense, and characters act awfully written have the time.

> make a tv show about a character who has multiple popular versions
> instead they insist on using the same character

it's just dc being autistic as usual.

>people can hate all they want but it's not bad

There's only a couple things I don't like about it

>black material in between panels gives it some really weird looking composition
>headpiece fits too tightly and is too smooth, it needs more dimension

Other than that, it's not complete shit, and I actually like it better than the CW's leather suit.

Supergirl needed a bigger budget.
Acting and characters were fine, but the costumes/bodies and sets were laughable.

>From any empiracle rubric

christ

Yeah for a show that's all about punching aliens in the face, it needs some more convincing effects CGI. Practical make-ups and suits for the most part are pretty good for a TV budget though.

never seen Tom Cavanagh turn in a bad performance

>There's something called ACTING, and Gustin can't do it.

Ok that's bullshit

he make me cry every time

CW shows suck ass and shouldn't go anywhere near the DCEU. End of story. Sure you may like all the cameos and whatnot, but the acting, direction, and tone aren't good for cinema. Hell I already like Erza Barry more, you know why? Because he's actually smart enough to work alone

The show has a load of potential, and everyone involved seems like they're properly invested in the show.

But fightscenes, like the ones with Red Tornado, just show how much this show suffers with such a small budget and mediocre choreograhpy.
Honestly hope season 2 fixes this, seeing how I quite enjoyed season 1 despite it's flaws.

He reminded me too much of that damn Lex Luthor

his whole demeanor and his voice and the awkward soft way he talks and shit

>black material in between panels gives it some really weird looking composition

yeah, a lot of people hate that. the thing is, I like it because it's finally something different in terms of colour. also, like I already said, nobody considers that the colours will probably change in later movies. why not get something pretty new colour wise (the suit is pretty much injustice-like) before we go back to the comics in his solo movies?

>headpiece fits too tightly and is too smooth, it needs more dimension

I feel like the head piece is the best part about the suit. I like its fit although I'm not yet sold on the ears unfortunately

Exactly.
It's a smaller leap for his character to make, but it's still out of place and weird.