Can somebody explain to me why this movie is considered the weakest out of the original trilogy?

Can somebody explain to me why this movie is considered the weakest out of the original trilogy?
Do people seriously get that triggered by the Ewoks?
Keep in mind I'm talking about the original film not the piece of shit edited one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>piece of shit edited one.
>implying the new final celebration song is worse than the other
Faggot pleb

it's a meme.

>2011

Where did Luke get his fancy all black outfit from anyway?

>"Do people seriously get that triggered by the Ewoks?"

Yes. Elite galactic empire troopers... beaten by buffed up teady bears. Also after dark, grim and serious ESB, this is too cheezy and childish.

I liked it best as a kid. Thought the Ewoks were cute. Even now, I still like it more than the original film.

It's probably not as well-regarded because it was a letdown after Empire Strikes Back, while the original gets extra points for being groundbreaking.

The fact that it had a second Death Star was kinda lame too.

supposedly the original was suppose to have wookies, but the studio wanted """cute""" merchandise to sell so they went with ewoks.

All the scenes in space are kino, everything else is trash

>not liking the Tatooine part
What is wrong with you?

ANH is considered the weakest, due to Lucas's autistic directing.

>harrison ford phoned in """acting"""
>ewoks
>comparitively low stakes on endor compared to the throne room
>endor scenes on top of that are just boring
>ewoks
The opening scene to Jabba's death and the Throne Room scenes are brilliant. The rest of the movie is just filler and toy commercials.

Or the Luke v Vader duel...

So we "could" see army of enraged wookies tearing troopers apart hand by hand, leg by leg? But instead got this?

>'noooooooooo'

youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

>Jabba's palace, the pit of Carkoon, the speeder scene on Endor, the Emperor's throne room.
>trash

I only watch the despecialized editions

Death star counts as space

>Elite galactic empire troopers... beaten by buffed up teady bears.
Yeah that's fucking ridiculous. I don't want cute things in my kids movie.
The only thing that actually warrants complaint is Han.

It's pretty much similar quality with the prequel movies. Too much of a toy commercial.

bait

Space K-Mart. I'm sure there's a 12-part book series covering that for you from the EU.

Well at least we got that in Episode III.

I've always said that ROTJ is 2/3 of a good movie. It just gets so bogged down on Endor. Everything but the speeder bike chase should have been cut.

>tfw you actually like the Ewok celebration song.

>Elite galactic empire troopers

Except even in the past two movies they're about as competent as sandniggers when it comes to warfare, I don't care if the Endor garrison is supposed to be so much better it's still hardly unbelievable

I like it better too. The new one just sounds kinda bland.

The song is good, the montage of all the planets is unnecessary
>Weesa free

xD yas FUCK that EU bullshit.

Emperor Palpatines Clothing Boutique

Imagine if it was a battle vs the Wookies like first planned, that could have been awesome. Still it gets away with it because the main characters are strong and the first two movies were awesome unlike the shit we get now.

What the fuck is this?

Aliens were always the worst part of star wars, droids too

>not the piece of shit edited one.
Fuck you, that "No... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" made the scene 1000x better unironically.

Are you sure that's EU? That looks more like Disney... wait, is the Disney stuff called "EU" too or does EU only apply to the legends stuff?

Being this upset about a kids movie having teddy bears.

Hopefully Snoke brings back the clones

>mfw watching the Domino Squad and Kamino defense episode with good ol trooper 99

>weakest

It's really just a testament to how perfect ANH and ESB are. Return of the Jedi has some of the best moments in the series.

Ewoks makes sense. It's about the Empire being taken down by smaller forces than them.

RotJ has the most action scenes which makes it seem like the best at first if you're into the action, but the more you watch it the more flaws in action choreography you spot (except the space battle, that was always cool). And then when you've rewatched the movies enough to be in it for the story/lore and atmosphere, Empire just does that so much better. Has better action choreography too, although there's fewer action scenes.

New Hope was always my personal least favorite of the OT, but being the first it's the most iconic.

unironically kill yourself

MouseCanon isn't EU

It really is about the Ewoks.
Gen Z'ers literally haven't seen Return of Jedi, or any of the original trilogy films for that matter, and just assume it's nothing but "shitty" Ewoks.

I'll ignore the Jedi Rocks song since you're specifically talking about the unedited version. Ewoks and that song are the only two things Gen Z know about RotJ though.

This is my favorite SW movie, but it git raped the hardest by George's edits. I'm so happy that Harmy and those other folks made that despecialized version. I have the unedited vhs tapes but the sound and pictures quality sucks obviously.