I'll be going to see Killing Joke tomorrow in theaters with some friends

I'll be going to see Killing Joke tomorrow in theaters with some friends.

So in preparation for that let's story time the comic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VeNi4PfNMqI
youtube.com/watch?v=1_r-qsxGiKY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is anyone here reading, I do appreciate conversation or a few bumps

I'm reading. Why not go with the original coloring though?

I couldn't find a download the original coloring. IF you want to share a link to it I can create a 2nd story time with the original coloring for comparison

That scene would have been leagues better in the original color

The iconic joke

and the ending

Really hate that Moore says he doesn't kill him. Story is so much better if he does. This should be the final encounter.

Moore may have one intention, but how the readers perceive it is an entirely different thing. In a sense the reader creates their own canon and is right in that mindset

now for the extra story line included in the Deluxe edition

Do people prefer the official trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=VeNi4PfNMqI

or the original art trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=1_r-qsxGiKY

I don't understand the extra storyline at all. It has nothing to do with the Joker. And I can't figure it out: Is that supposed to be Brian Bolland fantasizing about abducting an underage girl and killing Batman?

I have kind of avoided facts about the movie, because I'm seeing it in theaters tomorrow. However I was curious are they going to have 2 versions of the movie, one with the deluxe edition colors and another with original colors?

I think it's more just padding for the book, and I think they wanted something that felt similar in tone but it's own separate story

Batman's face on that previous panel though, god that is some overly detailed chin

don't know why there's a random green page, but yeah that's the end of the book and this is the last page

god this coloring really takes out the weight of the "you're going mad" scene

It's an unrelated story he did for Batman Black and White so he colored it for the collection. It's there because it's the only other Batman story he did.

well we're in luck, I have found the original color. Time for a story time redo and color comparison

It was in Batman: Black and White before this. I guess they needed incentive to buy this over the original.

I generally prefer the new coloring aside from the "going mad" bits.

That's fair, maybe there's a good mix somewhere

The recolor was supposed to be how Bolland originally intended for his work to look, more darks and grays. It's not bad, I just think the original looks better.