What are some comic books that depict black guys as cool and badass without making them gangsta/ghetto/rappers or...

What are some comic books that depict black guys as cool and badass without making them gangsta/ghetto/rappers or generic stereotypes?

Liberal media

Some John Stewert GL books don't

Basically all of them?

Luke Cage, War Machine, Falcon, Misty Knight, Black Panther, Miles Morales

Actually, name someone that IS that stereotype.

If you leave the ghetto without being a gansta-ass rapper then you are not a true black person and are acting too white.

Being a sport star is also acceptable, as long as you sell fancy kicks to the kids.

Its still kind of weird that Marvel has all their black heroes hang out in a secret black people hero club only because they are dark skinned irrespective of anything else about their situation or personality.

Like I dunno if its anywhere as bad as Reggie hamfistedly forcing Storm and BP's marriage so he would have a forced 'black power couple' to jerk off over but...

>gangsta/ghetto/rappers
Do all these things mean the same thing to you in your mind?

Luke Cage is pretty damn stereotypical.

>New Warriors volume 1 + Night Thrasher's book + New Warriors volume 4
>Firestorm volume 3
>JSA + Justice Society of America volume 3
>Young Avengers volume 1 + Civil War and Dark Reign tie ins
>Almost literally any book with a big name black character like War Machine, Black Panther, etc.
I'm actually trying think of ones that are stereotypes that aren't antagonists and I can't think of any.

Luke Cage intentionally plays the Angry Negro stereotype to either scare people or make them underestimate his intelligence.

You know exactly what he meant, shithead.

>mza
Why did btw switch it from gza?

Miles is not cool nor a badass

Yea, he is basically the opposite of ghetto.

He was falsely imprisoned, now he spends his time trying to clean up his neighborhood.

I guess that is debatable, but he is 100% not ghetto/gangster

I actually don't. It's incredibly demeaning to presume that people who are "gangsta" fucking lel or rappers automatically equate a living situation usually preserved for people who have been systematically affected by poverty, poor school systems, and little to no worthwhile job opportunities.

Take Prince of Cats by Ron Wimberly for example. A great adaptation of a well known work, unique in both it's approaches in writing and art. However, the characters aren't living in a well off suburban paradise talking about golf, so I guess by OP's criteria, he's not interested.

He is 100% boring for most of his initial series though.

Thanks Bendis! Can't wait for Riri! I'm sure you'll get it right this time!

A lot of people that you folk would refer to as "Ghetto" do this. Though i must say it's pretty fun being a black male and literally EVERYTHING , from what you eat to the music you may or may not listen to can be considered "stereotypical", by "certain people".

Shaft.

I think mza is Meth, gza is aka the genius

Boondocks does a really good job of having badass and intelligent characters and counteracting them with generic stereotypes. Simultaneously making the stereotypical characters more interesting and nuanced (Season 1-3, not 4.)

>A lot of people that you folk would refer to as "Ghetto" do this.
>supposedly smart
>act stereotypically
>get mad when treated like a stereotype

You're an idiot guy.

So all comic books?

I'm not familiar with this guy's actual stuff. So I'd like some clarification if any of his stuff is stereotypical.