I know lots of people dislike the comics...

I know lots of people dislike the comics. Here's an alternative: Azula realizes she has some serious personal problems and enters the spirit world to seek enlightenment and peace. Eventually she finds it and comes back to the world only to find that far more time has passed than she had thought. There is a new Avatar, who needs to learn firebending. Azula becomes Korra's sempai.

Would've been a nice thing as well as something of a form of making up for the stuff she did.

But then we got what we have...

Azula should not be redeemed.

Better alternative.

Azula dies.

can we get a avatar the last airbender/korra comic con panel thread? It's going on right now and I can't find any liveblogs.

I'd pay to see Azula dress Korra down each day of the week.
>You did not ask to be a water peasant. So perhaps that is not your fault. You did not ask to be the Avatar. Perhaps that is not your fault, either. But your reflexes are pitiful; poorly coordinated. You are in wretched physical condition, impetuous, and clumsy.

It's only an AtLA one since its Gene Yang.

the panel is called Avatar The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra panel. Someone from Dark Horse is there too.

Then Katara walks in and says "Chill" and Azula starts ranting and Korra and Katara share a laugh. All while Zuko is going from person to person bowing and saying "I'm sorry for my sister."

I wouldn't expect anything on the Korra comics.
They've hit a dead stop in production after losing their artist.

Absolutely reeks of fanfiction.

Because it is.

>people don't want Azula to be redeemed

Sorry this doesn't fit your stupid fetish fuel but Azula actually wants to be happy.

okay the panel is over where is the news

Fuck knows.
There's been absolutely no build up for it or anything, I doubt they really had anything to announce.

>Azula realizes she has some serious personal problems
Here is where you're wrong.

Dark Horse promised Korra comic news.

I wouldn't expect anything substantial
It's a good thing I don't care about LoK

No they didn't. The last interview Bryke had they said they don't have any information. Since Mike is writing he's got nothing to put to art at least until next year.

I love that Williams bailed. The script must have been horrible beyond belief.

>Sorry this doesn't fit your stupid fetish fuel but Azula actually wants to be happy.

>implying people wanting to see Azula redeemed isn't your fetish fuel
Don't forget Scrapper a shit.

>The script must have been horrible beyond belief.

There has been a new project announced?

The comics are terrible.

If Azula was capable of acknowledging the way she treats people is wrong and that it was her who needed to change and not others, she would not be Azula.

Despite that whole Roku/Sozin bloodline bullshit, Zuko's genetics were not the reason he became a good person later. Zuko and Azula were raised by a gentle woman and a cruel man; Zuko felt closest to his mother's worldview despite trying to please his father so desperately, and he benefitted from his father's minimal involvement in his life compared to his uncle's. Those were the tools that allowed Zuko to make the choices that let him be redeemed.

The same potential doesn't exist in Azula, who modeled herself after their father and perfected the example her arrogant and cruel role model set.

The kid looked like it was the best day of her life when her father disfigured her older brother. She honestly can't grasp why Ty Lee would turn against her after years of a friendship based on Ty Lee's unquestioning obedience enforced by Azula intimidating her and cutting her down when she outshines her.

Azula isn't the kind of person who can change her ways.

This whole thread is about how Azula can change.

Although I'd need to ask the OP why exactly this imagined redemption scenario also conveniently means Azula does not meet Korra as an 85-year-old granny like everyone else.

Just kidding, I know it's because it's not important to redeem Azula if her being a good person also involves her being being a cranky old lady instead of fappable.

I think the idea of a redeemed Azula is quite do able her break down at the end of the series shows she isn't as stoic as she thought she was. Have her slowly unlearn her hatred manipulation and racism. you can make parallels to former child soldiers or nazi youth have her spend time with Iroh and Aang talking about the value of peace. The only major caveat to the story is she has to be shown as wrong that means no excuses or retcons for her behavior.

>losing their artist
what happened?

she's too busy with Marvel apparently.

>But your reflexes are pitiful; poorly coordinated
That's entirely the choreographer/fight designer's fault. Especially the first match against Kuvira, fuck that was a depressing sight.

He means the announced LoK comics

This really is the best alternative. She was never going to change her ways, which were too deeply ingrained into her worldview and sense of morality. even if she did change, no one would ever to trust her enough to give her the freedom to live a normal life. she's literally better off dead

Hold on, why do you think Azula can't change? She obviously has a heart and loathes where she as at currently so what is stopping her from making the change?

>Azula realizes she has some serious personal problems and enters the spirit world to seek enlightenment and peace.
>enlightenment and peace.
>peace

Way too out of character for Azula kill yourself.

But user, villain girls are so sexy!

>there are people out there who still don't believe she is getting redeemed.

At the very least she needs to fucking apologize for all the shit she pulled and show empathy for her victims. If her "redemption" consists of everyone feeling sorry for her and forgiving her than it is worse than nothing.

What do you mean apologize? She was a victim like all of them

Abuse done to you does not justify abuse you do to others. Everyone has a choice.

she isn't just a bad person who needs to be shown the light and encouraged to do good deeds. she was raised to evil and actively taught to believe in it by her father. it's the only moral system she's ever known, and however unhappy or mentally unstable it may have made her it just doesnt seem likely she could totally reject it and learn a completely new moral system. i guess it is technically possible but her age, personality, and lifelong beliefs in all work actively against it

People like that can change look at cases of ex child soldiers or kids raised in a cult it's hard long road but doable.

Because Korra can never be wrong.

Have you watched korra? She fails constantly as is often called out on it. Azula acting like a stuck up bitch and no one saying anything is way more out of character.

Azula deserves to act whoever she pleases.

Scrapper stop evading your ban.

I'm not Scrapper I'm just saying the world should cater to Azula for once.

>I'm not Scrapper
You're not fooling anyone.

>I'm just saying the world should cater to Azula for once.
It shouldn't. Azula had the world on a silver platter as well as plot armor up the wazoo until season 3.

But did she really? She wasn't happy and that is what matters most.

For once? She was born royalty and a prodigy, she lived a life of luxury and privilege until she was smacked down by her own hubris and pride.

Why should her happiness matter over someone else's? There's hundreds of people with worse childhoods than her.

Scrapper put your trip back on so we can go back to filtering and reporting you.

>being the type of person that posts on a Mongolian Mallet Making Board
>not wanting to read about hot lesbian sex between korra and azula
wew lad
...................someone please make this fanfiction

They can mud wrestle over whose the worse character.

She's royalty, we're just peasants.

Because she never got her happy ending. She deserves to have one.

Whoever this is I've seen your writing style before. You're that same user who shitposts right next to Scrapper in every Avatar thread.

Just something I've noticed.

So it didn't mean jack shit to her.

>She deserves to have one.
Why?

Because she suffered enough.

But there's like thousands of people who suffered more and like hundreds as a direct result of Azula.

And they are happy now. Everyone is happy except for Azula.

>implying a psycho that tried to murder her own best friends, brother and possibly even tried to do it to her mother can be redeemed.
You are just another stupid faggot who cant stop thinking with your dick.

Royalty is a made up human concept especially in a world person is the living conduit of the spirit realm.

If I had the self control not to take the bait I wouldn't be on Sup Forums.

That's something I'd hear from a Republic Cityslickin' piece of shit. Royalty will forever guard and serve the Water Tribes. Deal with it.

>psycho

A psycho is a person who hurts or kills while being unfeeling. Azula loathes herself for doing what she has done.

>Azula loathes herself for doing what she has done
Citation needed

She keeps referring to herself as a monster. She is being too hard on herself.

In the comics?

never read any comic books, only watched all the cartoons. does it ever explain what happens to Azula? im assuming ang did his power take away stuff and she died of old age

Aangs not that cruel to someone who can still turn around. I don't read the comics either but from what I've heard about Azula still has her powers.

>A psycho is a person who hurts or kills while being unfeeling
That is Azula nitwit she has no semblance of empathy at all in ATLA.

My OTP is still the best.

that wouldn't really be cruel. she could still live a normal life and redeem herself with acts of kindness, could still have a family and be a mother etc.

She went crazy in the nuthouse and then Zuko decided to release her into a jungle because he doesn't believe in animal captivity.
Then she started kidnapping babies in what I believe may have been an attempt to seduce her brother.

That's...honestly the most succinct summary I've seen of what happened to her since the finale.

>mfw her entire plan just comes off like a really awkward, convoluted, roundabout way of getting his dick

so at the end of the day she...

>possibly murdered her mother
>tried to murder her uncle
>tried to murder he brother
>tried to murder several innocent people
>showed signs of clear mental disorders and bi polarism
>tried to kill katara
>got sent to a nut house
>went even further insane
>kidnapped peoples babies
>tried to seduce her brother

this is easily the most messed up character in the both of these series. this chick shoulda just been put down.

I've come around on it. Originally I didn't like it, but considering how messed up Azula's mindset is, I can put nothing past her.

When your entire life is based upon your bending skills, I'd say that'd be pretty cruel.

In her defence, Zuko's supposed to be the good, sane one and he
>burned down a village
>betrayed his uncle
>spent his formative teenage years obsessed and stalking a 12 year old boy
>literally left his girlfriend to spend time with that 12 year old boy
>asked that 12 year old boy to kill him
>started listening to the crazy motherfucker he deposed
>invaded Proto-Republic City and asked the 12 year old boy to kill him again
>wants to impregnate his own Mother

Crazy runs in the family

slightly off topic, but this has been bugging me

If Bolin is a super famous movie star, why can't he afford to pay for a proper apartment for Mako so his own brother doesn't have to sleep under his desk?