HAHAHAHA WAT

HAHAHAHA WAT

Japanese people think bad special effects are a good thing.

>He has never seen an eel

HAHAHA ITS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD

>IT'S BACOOON

they're better than mediocre special effects

i thought that image was one of the scariest ones I'd ever seen in a jap monster movie. It's like he's going to gobble up all the little small fry people.
I find that legit scary

>he has never eaten an eel
>raw

HURR DURR I ARE A GODZILLER DURR

Moray eels are badass, leave them alone you small penis ching chong.

>That shit
>scary

Godzilla fans everyone

they're kind of right

Its one of the times that uncanny valley is purposeful. If you don't get it, well...

Good luck to you. I mean that for life, overall.

>That isn't scary it makes me laugh
>YOU JUST DON'T GET IT

You have to admit its eyes looked horrifying in an anime.

They are though, it is more artistic. Also I wouldn't call them "bad" I would call them surreal.

i couldn't make it more than 20 minutes into this movie and it feltlike 3 hours

goddamn why cant we as a species produce one good godziller movie anymore?

You just have bad taste.
Shin Godzilla is one of the best in the series.

awful

Doesn't matter if you repainted your apartment if the whole building is a pile of shit.

idk man some parts of the movie looked p.cool

spotted the japs

that was the only scene with good SFX, too bad the freezing at the end looked like garbage

I never claimed the series is high art, just that Shin is a high point in the franchise.

>decades of films properly using film language to show scale
>nah fuck all that

what a shitty movie

forgot pic
you are shitting on a lot of talented people to justify this garbage

>Godzilla, the most destructive and powerful organism to ever exist, on the brink of defeat
>tries to adapt to its predator by evolving into mankind
anti-war kino

What am I looking at here?

maybe i.m not the audience for 3 straight hours of different dept heads and politicians sitting in meetings maybe that's what japanese people like i dunno

>I'm pleb plz giv attention

Here you go

This, Godzilla making landfall is easily the most unsettling scene in thee movie.

political dramas and procedures can be entertaining, see House of Cards or Contagion. This movie was just bare bones with paper cut outs for characters.

I am willing to listen to any of the political nuances that I missed due to not being familiar with Japanese politics though.

i get that there was kind of a fukashima vibe running through it, seeing all the dept heads cooperate and delegate powers and what not but i just wondered why seeing all that was supposed to be so interesting

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This, so much fucking this

The movie had a message that it REALLY wanted to make sure everyone understood, so it made sure to hammer it in in every scene in the most boring way possible

The messages in the film could have been made within the first half hour and then they could have made good characters, but no we get cardboard cut outs in repetitive scenes

If you're one of those cocksuckers from Connecticut who kept moaning and groaning and laughing the entire fucking film tell me where ya are so I can kick your fucking ass.
That ticket costed money and the only day I could see that film it was airing in your cancerous State in your fucking theater.
I'll rip your nuts off and piss in your brain for that cinema experience if you're one of those fucking subhumans from Connecticut I had to share a theater with while attempting to watch GojiKino.

>Shin
>GojiKino

Shite taste pham

The US theater experience really highlights the difference in attitudes towards Godzilla. US audiences had been viewing those movies ironically for decades, so the Legendary film made the atomic breath the big crowd pleaser climax. Whereas Shin's atomic breath was deathly serious and shut up everyone in my showing.

THICCCC GOZILLA

Shut the fuck up weeb before you dislocate your shoulder trying to throw a sissy punch.

The night atomic breath scene was the ONLY scene where the Connecticucks shut the fuck up for once in the entire runtime.

And then it immediately went back to repetitive boardroom scenes

Who needs to throw a punch when I'll gnaw your fucking face off you Connecticocksucker

>tfw respectful crowds, light chuckling at some of the jokes
west coast wins again

>Being scared by pixels on a screen
Ladies and gentlemen the pussy!

>nearest theatre showing it was 3 hours away
>Ticket cost extra due to it being a special import
>It was 90% boardroom meetings and most of the time G was on screen it had horrible special effects

The only good scenes in that entire movie were the first military battle and the first atomic breath

Huge waste of time and money, whole theatre was board out of their minds the entire time

INB4:
>You just don't get it

I got what this film was trying to convey, they feel as though the current bureaucracy is too slow to respond to crises, they feel Japan was shafted after WWII and should be allowed to build up a military, but as said, that could have been entertaining, but it wasn't

Even though the first form was shit you have to admit its final form was the best Godzilla design in decades

I liked the scenes where the Japanese American girl spoke Engrish.
And where the cute nerdy Asian girl with autism's face was on screen looking cute and autistic.

Also-- oh wait you already covered all the other scenes I liked

The awful special effects weren't deliberate, and this is hardly the first Jap movie to have them

THe movie was going to be mostly puppet but something went wrong and they had to do CGI at the last minute. The Japs are awful at CGI and the laughable results speak for themselves.

>constantly evolving creature that can change at will
>leaves gore hanging all over it's body when it would be better to cover it up

Man, fuck EVA.

Are there really no good directors in Japan?

GMK:Giant Monsters All Out Attack was 16 years ago, which is one decade and over a half. That does not meet the plural of decades and that design is one of the best.

I don't have to admit shit

A lot of G designs are better than Shin, Shin's design is for tryhard edgelords looking for a """"""""Scary""""""""" design