Is this scene underrated? I think we should it recognize it as kino

Is this scene underrated? I think we should it recognize it as kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DmdyydaGL-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeah yeah yeah kino kino, move on reddit

regardless, i think this scene is look at more fondly with time

OH WE HATE IT IN SAM RAIMI'S SPIDER MAN BUT LOVE IT IN EX MACHINA

When you understand what the intention was it makes perfect sense and makes you appreciate the scene much more. No matter what in him has changed Peter is still and always will be a dork, and because of that this ridiculous part is what his view of being cool and bad is. It's a shame that was lost on a lot of the audience but I guess you could also blame the director for failing to make them understand. I liked it.

It was ironic humor that capeshit today is incapable of doing. Instead it just has to be quips and beat you to death with trying to be funny

>implying that we LOVED ex machina

There's things in Spider-Man 3 that trigger my almonds a lot more than the dance scene

>the """scene""" where sandman and venom teamup
>the stupid joke with JJJ's pills
>gwen stacy love triangle

Gwen Stacy was hot as fuck in this though so anything involving her gets a pass.

how come this trilogy was way more brutal than marvelshit and at the same more comedic?

More personality and love than any of what the board members of Hollywood put out today.

Two words: Based motherfucking Sam Raimi

this, fuck off OP you fucking infant.

>way more brutal than marvelshit
Oh yeah let's conveniently ignore the mass murder scene in GotG2.

Four words: correctamundo

yeah but spiderman had spooky skeletons

there's no impact in marvel deaths. those million nova corps? who cares? bunch of nobodies
quicksilver dies? so what? less jokes i guess.

raimi knows how to make you care. whether it's parker's uncle, or the father of his best friend, it mattered.

there are interviews where marvel people said, it someone had to die. instead of hawkeye, they went with quick silver. like it was a flip of a coin or something. wasn't even important to the story who died.

>Im gonna tear up the fucking dancefloor dude

>being triggered by a word

The best thing about Raimi Spider- Man is how memorable it is. Everyone rembers the dance scene, Green Goblin's goofy lines, the rooftop scene, the train scene in the second one. The MCU literally has 2 memorable moments. When all the bombs go off in Iron Man and the group shot in the Avengers.

But I thought Marvel was all about saving people and inspiring hope? And MoS is the wrong one for having hundreds dying?

What's the meme today? I'm lost

>rewatch trailer for Spiderman 1 to hear that awesome song
>"You're not Superman, you know?"

How did they get away with referencing a DC character in a Marvel movie?

I hated it but if I saw the scene today I would love it

I hated 3 when I first saw it because how in the flying fuck could this be the sequel to my two favorite movies growing up. That was the movie that taught me what can go wrong when getting hyped for a movie.

Just watched it recently and I love it. Once Topher goes Venom the movie is pure ass, but everything up until that point is still a fun movie. Not enough love is given to the Peter vs Harry fight in Harry's house, though. The music and the bantz make it.

I feel like at this point the term "Superman" is commonly-used enough to be considered a generic term for a superhero, so that it would fall under fair use.

I could be totally wrong, though, but "superman" has basically become a synonym for "superhero"

Recognize it as what?

Because it's made by the guy who created fucking Evil Dead.

>at this point
Well this film was made over 15 years ago, but I get what you're saying.

I mean, the whole idea of Superman existed long before Superman himself. It was called "ubermensch."

I think by "brutal" the first user was referring to the thriller aspects to the Raimi movies and not the character deaths. Doc Ock killing all of the surgeons in the hospital still unsettles me.

The final redpill is realizing that Spiderman 3 is objectively the best Spiderman film

And it looks like my spidey sense is tingling... if you know what I'm talking about.. ;)

Please stop telling us about your bowel movements.

Except everyone around him thinks he's cool and bad as well, which fucks over the basis of your argument.

This 100%. It's one of the few scenes in the movie where Raimi is actually having fun and doing something interesting stylistically. People hating on this scene probably don't appreciate Raimi's take on Peter in the first place, which is that he's a huge dork.

Except no one thinks he's cool? All the people in the street look disgusted.

Harry vs Peter is great as well. certainly better directed than most MCU fights.

...No? Watch the scene again. Everyone's keeping their distance from him and cringing.

>ubermensch
that's just superman in german you fuck

The concept of the Übermensch had nothing to do with physical power you fucking yankees.

hawt panties on that skelyton

>one scene out of an entire montage is different
People are impressed by him.
Watch the movie maybe once. Or youtube the club scene, if you're that desperate to never actually watch the thing you're discussing.

That, and fucking everyone he flirts with falls for him.
The landlord's daughter (granted, she already had a thing for him), the reporter, Gwen.

Which Peter was the better dancer?

And superheroes aren't necessarily about physical power so fuck you.

>Everyone hated the dance scene in Spiderman 3 when it came out but loves it now.
Confirmed. In ten years or so, people on Sup Forums will be talking about how much they loved the dance-off in GotG.

>argument about Nietzsche's conception of the ubermensch
>could get good
>autist comes back swinging with capeshit
Fuck you /tv

I did like the dance off, superhero films aren't supposed to be serious. Say what you want but it was completely in line with his character

I agree, it was exactly the kind of goofy thing he would do. Not to mention that in the context it was a distraction which makes sense.

>a white man being confident and succesful with women = evil

it was very nice jew propaganda

This is a thread about Spiderman, not about Nietzsche. If you don't like it, get the fuck out.

Add to that:
>Harry getting amnesia
>Sandman's entire subplot and every scene he's in especially the retcon making him Uncle Ben's real murderer
>The scene with Eddie Brock in the church
>The fucking butler revealing to Harry that he knew all along what had actually happened to Norman but never said anything about it until after Harry tried to kill his best friend multiple times resulting in a serious head injury causing amnesia and another serious injury permanently disfiguring his face

alot of reddit children grow up in 10 years, sounds about right

Yeah, I truly do hope you grow up by then.

>all of these flaws and it's still a reasonably enjoyable flick with some good moments

more depth in one scene than in the entire dc & marevel cinematic universes put together,,,,

Really goes to show Raimi's skill as a filmmaker. The movie would have been excellent if they would have dropped Sandman and Venom instead focusing on the relationship between Harry, MJ, and Peter.

This is probably my favorite fight in the entire trilogy:
youtube.com/watch?v=DmdyydaGL-c

Plenty of films are easy to criticize but still enjoyable. Just ignore what the critics say and have fun.

>dropped Sandman
nah, a villain was necessary and Sandman was a good pick but they fucked him up by having him be the one who kills Uncle Ben. And I honestly wouldn't mind the Symbiote, but Venom should've been reserved for a later movie

>The movie would have been excellent if they would have dropped Sandman and Venom instead focusing on the relationship between Harry, MJ, and Peter
>the studios would rather cram Venom into the movie because that's what the fans wanted instead of a movie where Sandman is the main villain and Harry is brought ever closer to a conflict with Peter
It just goes to show how much more interested people are in action and colorful villains than they are in good stories that will stand the test of time.

I think I read somewhere that it ended up being shit because of studio meddling.

It's cool that we're going to get a Venom solo movie so Venom finally has room to breathe without being constrained by all the other villains like he was in SM3. Not to mention he's going to be played by the greatest actor of all time.

If not drop Sandman, then seriously rework him. Every scene he's in just feels like a complete distraction from the actual plot with the Uncle Ben retcon serving as a weak attempt to make him somewhat relevant. Harry is a much better antagonist and could have easily stood on his own as the film's main villain.

And I agree with you on the symbiote. It's an integral part of the movie, but Venom should have just been hinted at instead of tacked on at the end.

Wouldn't surprise me at all, knowing Sony. Especially after the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

>Harry is a much better antagonist and could have easily stood on his own as the film's main villain.
Not him but "literally just Green Goblin again" is boring from a visual standpoint and I can see why they didn't want to do that. Maybe if he had a different costume or new gadgets.

>greatest actor of all time
>not biggest actor of all time

I loved ex machina

I imagine the reason behind them not wanting to do it is less that it's visually boring and more that it's harder to advertise. Hyping up Venom as a villain is sure to sell tickets and get asses in seats, whereas it's much harder to sell Green Goblin 2 even if it would make for a much better film.

Tom Hardy is actually quite small. He had to wear platform shoes to portray Bane and they angled the shots so that he would look larger than he was.

Test.

Are you telling me he's not actually a big guy?

My whole school went to see this. Literally all the girls started laughing and making jokes about how faggy and emo spidey looked. I told them to shut the fuck up I'm trying to enjoy a Raimi kino classic in the making. There was only silence and I smugly ate my hotdog. They're all fat single moms now

yeah, i don't think there is even one full shot where you can observe the actual stature of bane in the movie. it's all angled shots, close-ups, or him crouched down. hilarious.

I can't find the gif I was going to use to answer your question so have a random one from my folder.

>Harry as the main villain
God, no they should've just gone with the Venom route, instead of only having a few scenes for it

They're making up for it with the Venom movie. It will be kino.

Why would making Harry the villain be a bad idea? He and Peter had a 2 movie long friendship that was now falling apart. Making him the villain eventually would have been a great way to end that arc between them because by that point we knew the characters well so the fight would have had a lot of weight and importance to it.