Admit it Sup Forums

your MASTAPEACE had quips everytime pic related was on scene

Those weren't immersion-breaking winks to the audience acknowledging how dumb and childish the premise is, though.

Lord of the Rings films are shit. Put me off reading the books for years then when I read the books I loved them. Jackson is a hack. The only reason people like them is because of the visual spectacle. Orlando Bloom is shit as Legolas and Viggo Mortensen is shit as Aragorn. The Hobbits in the film are annoying and Gay Gandalf is a bumbling old idiot, not the terrifying Odinic figure he should be.

Disagree and you're a fucking moron.

Never change /tv. Never change.

>reeeing this hard at the fucking lord of the rings movies

The only one that's a masterpiece is Fellowship.

Hey CUNT. How's it going, long time no chat. I founded rec.arts.books.tolkien and have never liked the Jackson movies starting with Fellowship. Glad you've read the books and are on board now. Really glad.

Gimli being warped into comic relief is but one flaw of these horribly flawed pieces of shit. One day, all of Sup Forums will be forced to realize that Christopher's assessment is correct.

This, Jackson doesn't even explain Aragorn's tax policy.
Seriously, what a hack.

this

Not only are they as bad as capeshit. I think they are actually the originators of capeshit. Or did some other movie start the trend of the invincible heroes cutting down dozens of faceless cgi mooks while quipping about it?

This

I agree except I like Viggo.

I am looking at your Google group now. Pretty good.

He's a good actor and I liked him a lot in Captain Fantastic. As Aragorn, though, whenever he speaks in a rousing manner, his voice has this weird, faint, retarded echo sound to it that a lot of Scaninavian people have like sucking their throat together when they speak. He sounds retarded.

>legolas slides down a stairway shotting arrows and downing enemies as he goes
LOTR was one of the original capeshit

That was one of the best scenes from the book though

was that in it? I do recall the competition of killing Uruks at the Hornburg is in the books; which kind of throws out the window the idea of Tolkien as being particularly squeamish about war scenes and violence

I do prefer the books by a pretty long shot, and do sort of wish I had never seen the films, as they readily get in the way of using my imagination while reading.

All that said the films used some pretty great special effects, stuck to a pretty low budget, and ultimately came out with as great an adaption of the series as could probably be put on film. It comes short in so many way, and in some ways they aren't particularly good movies

>Viggo Mortensen is shit as Aragorn
No. He was the one redeeming thing in the movies.

Just because you're a faggot who wants to suck his cock that doesn't mean he was good in the role.

I fucking hate peter jackson. It broke my heart when I heard he jewed his way into the hobbit rights because I knew he'd find a way to ruin a book about dwarves as much as possible while shoehorning in his elvish waifus

fpbp
Also, wasn't this scene deleted?

>jewed his way into
>someone else dropped out during pre-production

The movies holds nothing up to the literary work. But the movies themselves are part of the last breath of something from Hollywood which we will never see again in our lives.
I personally believe the movies are loved for that reason and not for their accurate portrayal. But that there was a love of movies and the craft in them.

The Hobbit trilogy proved how quickly things changed.