Why does this feel more like a "Spider-Man" movie than Homecoming?

Why does this feel more like a "Spider-Man" movie than Homecoming?

I can't quite pin it, but Homecoming feels a lot more like "another Marvel movie" when put next to both previous Spider-Man series.

Biggest thing that comes to mind is the music. Hot damn does the music just fucking sit there without being memorable in the slightest for Homecoming. There was -nothing- in Homecoming that was as iconic feeling as even the opening credits of TASM2. I keep comparing it to TASM 2 because it's regarded as the worst Spidey film yet I can recall more things that made an emotional impact in that film than I can with Homecoming, which I saw 2 fucking days ago.

Not saying Homecoming is -bad-, it's just...kind of blegh. I didn't walk away feeling like I had watched a Spider-Man movie.

where on the interweb can I watch homecoming?

At least it had the best spidey suit?

That's the best I can give TASM2

Unpopular opinion:
My top 3 Spidey movies are Spidey 2, Spidey 1 and TASM 2 in that order.

Homecoming was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Homecoming feels a lot more like "another Marvel movie"...
that's exactly what it is OP

You might be onto something with those ratings and those dubs, user.

i agree

Nah, it was a complete pussy move, they were just reacting to the backlash to the suit from the first ASM and made the most uninspired safest design possible. Yet they still fucked up every single other design in the movie. You see the green goblin? Fucking hell

They should just make a spider verse film and take the franchise in a new direction. That holland kid is gay and boring.

>I didn't walk away feeling like I had watched a Spider-Man movie

I can agree with that. It really suffers from "another Marvel movie" syndrome as you said. It was boring for lack of a better word.

Sure dude great idea, let's just reboot the series for the fourth time in 15 years

It's not rebooting the franchise at all.

I really missed Uncle Ben lads, the only problem i have with this movie is like he never existed in peters life

all the RDJ scenes = Ironman movie
All the Keaton scenes = kino
All the not rdj / keaton scenes = disney channel show

Yeah it seriously feels like another Marvel movie. I went into this one thinking I'd get something different, fucking nope. Everything about the directing is safe, the music is safe, the way the film LOOKS is safe, the characters are safe, etc. God...

I think he means another Amazing film.
And oddly enough, the guy that was signed to direct the Sinister 6 Spider-Verse film said it's still a possibility.

More Garfield?

>Why does this feel more like a "Spider-Man" movie than Homecoming?

Peter is more concerned with being like Iron Man than doing the right thing with his powers and being responsible.

Huge chunks of movie are devoted to a high tech Iron Man suit that has nothing to do with Spiderman.

A huge part of Peter is the struggle he has hiding his secret to protect the people he loves. In Homecoming they get rid of that almost immediately.

No Spidersense.

Ironman acting like a cunt casts a shadow over the whole film and Peters motivations. Peter tries to stop Vulture and gets punished for it by Ironman. Peter tries to stop Vulture again but is rewarded.

Supporting cast is incredibly weak one note characters.

>ASM2 Is a Spider-Man film
>Homecoming is Iron Man 4: Team Diversity Go!

Remember the first and only news we got about Homecoming for a long time was all related to the "diversity" of the cast. Priorities were fucked from day one at least ASM2 tried to be a Spider-Man film. (and has the best film costume)

>Why does this feel more like a "Spider-Man" movie

Because you know absolutely nothing about Spiderman and have never read a comic in your life so you think those shitty movies are good.

I haven't seen Homecoming, but there was absolutely nothing good about that movie.

Greetings. My name is Patrick Bateman™, and I have contacted you for important matters.

I have taken notice to your post. It is of high quality™, but it's not the contents of the post that I'm interested by, it's the post-number.

Your post-number is unlike any other that I've ever seen. It is unique, as no other will ever obtain your distinct strand of numbers, but that is not the only unique thing about it.

Look at the numbers at the very end. Take a close look at them, and you might even realize it, too. Your post-number has ended in repeating digits, that is why I am contacting you.

I don't want to seem like a bother, as I understand that you're very busy crafting hundreds of quality™ posts such as the one I am replying to, but this is a matter more important than posts. It's a matter of life and death.

Here on Sup Forums, it is the most important rule of all that repeating digits much be checked and kek'd, that is why I am contacting you. I am here to check and kek your repeating digits, for it is a matter of religious importance.

So, after all this patience and discussion, I will now check your repeating digits. Here I go: #Checked

Now that your repeating digits have been checked by me, it is now time for me to leave. I cannot spend all day checking your repeating digits, no matter how much I love them. The reason? More digits must be checked.

Spidey 2 > Spidey 1 = Homecoming > Spidey 3 >>>>>> TASM > TASM2

This rating is indisputable fact in the archive of kinos.

I would say Spider-Man 1 is better than Homecoming, but I like your ranking user

Marvel movies have bad soundtracks, bar Iron Man 1

I think the only track I remember is that Winter Soldier one when Cap steals a motorcycle and takes down a plane.

>Why does this feel more like a "Spider-Man" movie than Homecoming?

Because all the characters were their appropriate races.

I hate this board. Also check em

Spider-man 2 > Spider-man > Amazing Spider-Man > Amazing Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 3 > Spider-man: Homecoming

I liked homecoming , specially because the Vulture Is the only decent Villain of the MCU besides Loki

fuck off you and your capeshit and don't return

this has been said after every new Marvel flick comes out

The shared universe stuff ruins all MCU movies