MEH

MEH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gotta agree. Was really looking forward to it, but only a handful of things went to the beats of the song. You can't hype it up for it to be used sparingly

YOUNG MOZART WITH A GO-KART OVER HERE

>tfw all the kevin spacey quotes that are in the trailer but not the movie indicate that all his character development was left on the cutting room floor

Drive is for Sup Forums patricians while baby driver is for nu-chan plebbitors

how bad of a sense of beat do you have to think this?

His character was by far the most interesting

First 2/3 are fantastic, falls apart in the last third.

Ends five times like ROTK.

What's ROTK?

And yeah, after the ninth time Mad Man died, I was ready for it to wrap things up.

100%, the theater I went to sucked ass, so maybe that was part of the problem

return of the king, young man

>tfw no beautiful gf to wear qt dresses and sing for you and defend you in deadly situations

If wright could have resisted the 2nd and third ending and ratcheting the excitement level to 11 like every modern movie around it would have been a tidy little gem. He got greedy though and took a shit on it . shame. Still worth seeing.

>wrx
>doesn't vape

It definitely started too strong, though. The first heist/getaway was so smooth and made him out to be the best driver ever but in the other heists he kept fuckin up. Then at the end he can't even drive out of a parking lot without smashing into like six cars.
Also, what was up with him dissappearing into thin air? And being able to break into and hotwire any car in 3 seconds? It's like he's Batman crossed with CJ from grand theft auto.

Reposting for truth

>baby wants to bail out in the heist
>has the opportunity to call it off after the botched arms deal
>instead asks to continue with the heist, but still trys to run away a scene later.

Just like drive, all style no substance. Sup Forums are suckers for stylized bull shit.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said, especially the last part.

I guess his declining abilities can be explained by self-sabotage due to his autistic guilt. He does just magically evade the police like GTA at the end, though.

Yeah, I was wondering why he did this too. At first I thought it was for the money but then he did that thing with the tape.

youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
same

YMS gave it a 9, suck my wee wee

I have some problems with the second half of the movie but this is very obvious and not one of them. He already tried getting out. It's clear to him at this point that these kinds of people will never let him out. Kevin Spacey seemed to be a man of his word until he wasn't and forced him to do another job. Just because he was ready to end it doesn't mean anything, if he said no Bats would have gone apeshit right then and there and either forced him to or shot him for no reason, etc. He's stuck in that world and he knows his only shot out is to pretend like everything is fine, pretend like he's going to keep going, and then try to sneak off when everyone is asleep.

Needed more driving

So he can only do that by agreeing to do a heist he had not one, but two opportunities to get out of?

>okay lets call it off
>runs away

Seems simple to me. They just needed our protag to act retarded for the plot to reach a climax.

After the two successful heists, when he's getting coffee, he jumps into several people

I'm still trying to figure out its significance. Are they just expositioning his autism?

>he jumps into several people
can you clarify? i can't remember that

What a surprise, Sup Forums's opinion is fucking shit.

I think hes talking about when he shoulder-checked that guy. And just generally losing his mojo.

I mean bump not jump

It wasn't just that one guy. He bumps into several people the first coffee scene iirc

The first coffee scene is right after the first heist.

Idk maybe I misunderstood your first post.

And in the first scene he wasn't "bumping" into anyone per se. It was more like rudely moving in front/around them. He did show a blatant disregard for traffic though.

I wondered about it too - he almost has to convince them to continue with the plan, when he's supposed to want to get out of it.
I think he's supposed to be nervous about what will happen with the other crooks. Spacey would have been fine with it, but he knows Bats is crazy and
that the couple had talked about killing Bats.

>girl falls in love with him quickly, even though he's clearly autistic
>agrees to run away with him, even though she barely knows him
>doesn't cancel the heist when asked
>Spacey suddenly helps him at the end
>expert at noticing shit while driving, doesn't notice Jon Hamm exiting his car at the end before it gets pushed off the building
>pointless music that adds nothing to the film except make plebs pretend that they appreciated the obviously well-curated OST (/s), just like Guardians of the Galaxy right?

tl;dr movie made for reddit

>
u r a dumbo

Yeah, the soundtrack was weirdly inconsistent. GotG has more "personality" if you will; the songs fit together, adding to the atmosphere.

Although, Let's Go Away For Awhile was a nice touch, but it went quiet at the best part.

>"I'll pick you up at 2AM...tomorrow"

Literally resolved the entire second half of the film

>>girl falls in love with him quickly, even though he's clearly autistic
>>agrees to run away with him, even though she barely knows him
I was a bit bothered by that too but in the end I just accepted that she's autistic as well with the whole "I just want to drive off into the sunset" thing and he was her knight in a shining new car.

i almost walked out like 4 minutes in, by the end of the movie i wished i had.

cutting to the music is retarded. that's what 8th graders do when they first learn how to use editing software.

baby dancing around to music isn't a movie, it's a coke commercial.

only one cool car chase sequence and it's in the very beginning.

he's such an over the top good guy character it just makes me hate him.

what a pile of garbage. i knew it was going to suck as soon as i saw a trailer for it, but the rt score convinced me to give it a chance.

Is it a good movie to watch at a theater with the guys or will they call me a gay for suggesting it?

this movie should have came out a decade ago. instead it came out after movies like gotg and drive came out already

>Taking other men to the cinema
You don't have to worry about getting called a faggot by them because I'm doing it now

Saw it over the weekend. Fucking garbage at best.

>Kevin Spacey plays same role every movie. Too brand-name to take a risk so instead plays it safe.

>Black dude pissed me off to no end. Glad that idiot got spit-roasted

>Shane was in the movie for like 5 minutes. Really pissed me off. I actually like him.

>Latina chick was hot. Her boyfriend was pretty good. So the pair was definitely a plus.

>Main character looks like a little bitch. Turned me off first 10 seconds into the movie.

>Diner scene where he flirts with the girl the first time was the only good part of the movie. I've actually met several women like this but in different scenarios so I probably give it more credit than it deserves

Overall 6/10. I thought Transformers was better and even that was rehashed garbage.

>Fucking garbage
>6/10
fuck off

Do you go alone or not at all?

You will all be gay after walking out of the theater together.

I watched it yesterday and thought it was really good. I didn't even know it existed until I saw the trailer whilst watching GotG 2 and had nothing to do so went and watched it.

Maybe hype is a bad thing.

>Overall 6/10. I thought Transformers was better

You aren't allowed to have an opinion you fucking subhuman, let me guess you're a fucking chink.

Mozart in a go kart...Jamie Foxx...John Hamm...generic chicks 1&2...the critics are praising...yeesh

i think that was just part of his autistic dancing

Shouldn't you be running the country into the ground and licking the feet of kikes right now Mr. Trump?

I didn't buy the "cool" of the movie, it just felt like they tried too hard to be cool and funny and it landed on its face

The romance was also shit
>You like music?
>I like music too
>Let's run away together

Also
>Turning a 3 minute video to a 2 hour flick
At least Noel Fielding is much better than Ansel Elgort

I'm doing exactly what I've been told to do, okay? Why am I even responding to you? I'm president and you are not, butt-munch.

Yeah I agree. unfortunately it seems like this board has decided that that's going to be the go-to meme for criticizing this movie, even though it makes as little sense as the shit that Spacey's character is getting. Character motivations were not the issue here. I can maybe understand it if someone criticizes the film for having characters who had super convenient personality traits for the plot to unfold, but even then, this isn't a realistic film at all. The whole conceit of the film is that everything is incredibly measured and precisely positioned to Wright's vision. The meticulous construction is the whole damn film's most defining characteristic.

I honestly prefer it to all the garbled incoherent inconsistent trash that Hwood puts out, but at least it feels more sincere than romantic shit like La La Land and action shit like Fast & the Furious. Whether or not it deserves classic status is a retarded fucking question, cuz there's literally no way to know that right after it's released, and that's ignoring the fact that audience standards for what qualifies as a classic are pretty batshit. Then again, just yesterday I came across an article called "2017's best upcoming films (or maybe it was games)", so I guess it's best to not get too worked up about this shit. Either way, the movie is technically masterful. Seriously, I don't think most people will understand just how precisely choreographed the whole thing actually is, unless they watch it specifically for the editing and blocking, and these days who tf takes time to do that. Storywise it's nothing special but hey at least the characterisations are solid.

The two crackhead looking guys vaping was the best joke in the movie

re the girl - you might call it convenient, but this was backed by a few things she says in the laundromat. She literally gazes into his eyes and talks about how ever since her mother passed from cancer, she misses having someone to care for. Also didn't have any prospects at all. As autistic as baby was, I can totally understand someone like her finding him cute. And the biggest handwave explanation of all is that they're both young, stupid, and desperate to escape. It works.

As for the Spacey thing, he's genuinely a character that plays things close to the chest. He poses as a tough guy type, but there's a number of cuts (there's like 5 times that ppl like Bats and Bernthal are starting to give Baby shit, and they cut to Spacey's face and he clearly looks annoyed that ppl are picking on the kid), and I saw his actions at the end as him accepting that Baby was moving on. Above everything, if anything in the last act seems rushed or crazy or even inconsistent, Wright's got the excuse that everything got real crazy real fucking fast, so some of the characters made rash decisions and went back and forth between a couple different choices in the heat of the moment.

I think it's absolutely stupid to criticize Baby opting to go back for the tape. It's literally his only means to hear his mom's voice, and I'm not even going to bother addressing the importance of that for him, the film does a good job of establishing that very clearly on its own.

Didn't want Jamie Foxx to kill him

Don't agree with the "fucking garbage at best" part at all, and I ain't even gonna touch the bit about TF, but ignoring those retarded-ass statements the greentext points you made in your post are pretty much all accurate as fuck.

don't the speed lines on the poster make it look like he's going backwards?

Spacey's character most likely killed Bernthal for Baby, too. Goofy was getting way too aggressive, and probably WOULD intentionally put Baby in a position where he needs kill someone, since he disliked the kid. You could argue that Spacey acted off of this possibility alone, or that Baby shooting someone would jeopardize the heist, but it's there.

>Edgar Wright
Ugh... no wonder it's shit.

>automatic impreza
dropped

hory shet

lets see what the directors cut holds.

its not even an STI? or a SPEC-C?

When I first saw the poster, I LITERALLY thought somebody finally made a Supreme Gentleman's biopic

The black guy ruined it

This thread is not about your wife's pussy, user.

so was copying Drive and pretending they didn't part of their plan?

heh

I don't have a wife retard I'm 18. You should kill yourself.

>doesn't have a wife at 18
I think you're the one who should kill himself, you fucking loser.

How old are you like 30? Where's your wife faggot?

I'm 24. My wife died of ovary cancer last year. We'd been together 36 years happily married. I'm devastated ever since I lost her. She was my fundament - you know that? The fixture in my figment. I'm udderly at a loss without her so just keep quiet and don't have a cow, man.

all movie long it just gave me the impression of this movie trying to be new and innovative but it just feels like it copies everything that made good innovative movies good in the first place.
6/10 was entertaining but it felt old and most of the performances are shit tier

Kevin spacey needs to stop getting work
ansel elgort just plays an even most autistic driver
jamie foxx just plays funky jamie foxx
literally who actresses are bland and unreal

Shane? What?

Nice wife you had, nerd

Thanks. To be honest, I just like replying to dorks like you to try and elevate your level of self-awareness to the point where you can see yourself for what you are - pathetic, stupid, boring. You've got nothing fun or interesting to stay, but my god, you've got your pride! It makes me laugh, kid. It really does.

How new

I watched it with a friend, no homosex occurred afterwards.