Read Multiversity

>read Multiversity
>Superman is black
>The first justice league that appears is black
>Silver age Dr Fate is black

Is there a reason behind this? Why are there so many black people?

Other urls found in this thread:

4thletter.net/2008/08/i-call-my-brother-son-cause-he-shine-like-one/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>Superman is black
>>The first justice league that appears is black
>>Silver age Dr Fate is black
>Batman still white

Somebody's gotta be the token white guy.

Shouldn't that be Cyborg?

Same reason as this?

>Is there a reason behind this? Why are there so many black people?

Morrison is a huge cuck.

That's set in China.

That would be whitewashing

>citation needed

Multiversity

Not as funny as Batman still being white.

>a casual complains about diversity when he doesn't know morrison is literally referencing concepts from the 70s such as Nubia, Valtho Kryptonians and rejected Post Crisis revamps
I am getting really sick of this board.

Morrison likes black people

He also made Steve Trevor black in his wonder woman earth one

More like Multidiversity

>Is there a reason behind this? Why are there so many black people?
This may surprise you, but there are a lot of black people in the universe.

You guys look for triggers in everything these days don't you... you're like black people in the 90's it's hilariously ironic.

I get the feeling he's shitposting on purpose.

earth d was the world where white people were the minority.
multiversity starts on the modern version of earth d.

it was hilarious seeing the world where people automatically think lex luthor is evil though.

white luthor screaming i'm not a racist on a world where white people are the minority is kinda so stupid it makes you laugh.

Yeah but most have aids so can't be super heroes

Post yfw Batman remained white

I think he's just racist and hates black people.

Wrong on both counts. It's just weird when there's way more other people in the world

I don't think it was ever stated Whites were the minority.

I think the idea behind it is that its a world where the black heroes stepped into the lime light first after Black superman landed instead of Kal-El. All characters used are based on existing black ones hence why Bruce is still white.

Although this seems to imply that the green lantern ring is racist for picking Hal first over John.

just the concept alone of white luthor hating black superman just because hes superman and constantly screaming hes not a racist was hilarious.

Maybe Abin Sur just ended up landing near John instead

The GL ring chooses the closest candidate.

BLACKED
L
A
C
K
E
D

Shouldn't Cyborg be white then?

Also, Morrison in general seems to really like black people, dunno why.

>way more other people in the world
>on an earth where black people are more prominent
??????
fucking casuals man

>other earths have main black heroes

yes, earth 23 in fact

Couldn't they have used one of the Batwings? They're not technically Batmen, but close enough, surely?

He was?

I wish we lived in a world where you could make an alternate universe with all the superheroes are black or chinese or some shit and it wouldn't be weird or racist

JLA: Justice League of Africans
or
JLA: Justice League of Asia

>Superman is black
>The first justice league that appears is black
Because they come from Black People Earth.
Okay first of all, I don't know what you think "Silver Age" means. Secondly, how do you not appreciate how that's relevant to his story?

Weird on Sup Forums maybe

i wasnt aware personally, since he was wearing the helmet the entire time

All picks were based on Silver Age reps. I don't think Batman ever had a significant black replacement during that time.

And Superman may have been an original but the black part of Krypton is silver.

It's not just Multiversity.
If you go back and read most of Grant Morrison's 00's era work for DC you can see him experimenting with black science fiction, afrofuturism, and the way classic superhero tropes shift when filtered through the lens of the afro-american experience.

In Manhattan Guardian, Morrison cast Jake Jackson, a black disgraced ex-cop as the everyman of the Seven Soldiers
In Mister Miracle and Final Crisis, Morrison reinterprets all the new gods as black and Shilo Norman, the original MM's african american ward, is brought back into the DCU as Mister Miracle, the avatar of freedom.
>The whole idea with Mister Miracle, Mister Miracle was supposed to be a book where everyone was black and that was the idea. I wanted to do like, Metron as Sun-Ra. He’d sit in this big Sun-Ra chair with mirrors and stuff.
>But, it wasn’t drawn that way. And when they drew the second issue, they drew the homeless New Gods as white guys, don’t ask me why. ’cause everyone in that book was supposed to be black characters ’cause I wanted the whole thing to be based on Shilo Norman and his world. But, those guys shouldn’t be white, sometimes things just happen, artists tend to draw white guys
In Batman RIP, Morrison played the Magical Negro trope straight with Honor Jackson
He clearly loves his Obamaesque Black Superman from Vathlo island
He recast Steve Trevor as black in Wonder Woman: Earth One
>Steve Trevor was always sort of this boring, blonde, blue-eyed dude and that just didn’t cut it in the modern world. I wanted some diversity. But I also thought that was a much more potent idea to have Steve Trevor as a Black man. It’s much more powerful in the context of everything that Marston was doing and everything that Wonder Woman is about.
>In a story that has to do with chains and bondage, there is a lot more resonance by what we choose to do with Steve.

There's interviews and essays out there if you're really interested.

Did he just replace a boring white guy with a boring black guy?

Because it's a fresh concept. Go back to pol.

Back to Sup Forums with you.

The Scots like black people because the Caribbean and African immigrants to Scotland were really happy to join in on hating the English

Steve Trevor is always boring (even that one time he was voiced by Nathan Fillion) but I can appreciate what he was trying to do.

Eh, the historical slavery context plays well with the bondage themes of Marston's WW

>black science fiction, afrofuturism
didn't know that user, pretty cool actually.

white guilt

Doc Fate being black pissed me off considering he's suppose to be a mix of Kent Nelson and Doc Savage, neither of whom are black
Morrison has always been pretty liberal and pro black, but this is just dumb

>all these "shouldn't Cyborg be white" comments
Fucking casuals
The only character who got race swapped was Supes. The rest of them are actual black heroes like Nubia as Wonder Woman or John Stewart as Green Lantern

> implying their bodies don't beat the shit out of aids

user please.

Maybe that's why he has to wear a mask

>Characters are different in different universes

You just fly in from stupid town?

>the entire time
But he wasn't

pretty much, but he did it because he finds blacks more interesting, he finds blacks interesting for being black
he fetishizes them, old magical negro shit that's pretty racist itself

right, i forgot about that and saw it the second my post loaded hahahaha

Because every universe happens to have VIP negroes at the forefront

New to comics there friendo?

There's a universe where everyone's like 5 too, might be up your alley.

also if anything Steve Trevor being white makes more sense than it does him ever having to be black

What is Steve Trevor? he's the embodiment of "man's world" when he meets Wonder Woman
man's world of course meaning Western world, which is also "white man's world"

him coming as the man going to Paradise Island is total culture shock for him, he's now a 2nd class citizen there

blacks commonly aren't 1st class citizen apparently, so him coming from the western world to paradise island isn't much of a change for him

unless the idea Morrison is going for is blacks and women will be the ones to destroy "mans world" (or western civilization) rather than man and woman finding better unity when it comes to these characters

why make them always black?

Well I for one feel the black heroes look better. Blacks naturally generate more testosterone

he wears a mask because he's black?
that's even dumber

He's from a 1950s universe where almost everyone is white. Think about it.

Not all alternative universe characters are black

really makes me think

not all of them, but the ones who get race changed almost always get turned black

Because he was right

Not an argument.

They also get gender swapped a lot. ALTERNATE UNIVERSES Why is this such a hard concept for your retarded ass?

but really, why would he need a reason to wear a mask in a world of super heroes?
even his side kick who isn't black wears a mask

there are only 2 genders
there are dozens of race and ethnicity change choices
race isn't black and white

>earth d was the world where white people were the minority.

So basically every Earth besides KKK Earth?

>there are dozens of race and ethnicity change choices
Whenever they do, it's completely overlooked by most anons here anyway.

Yeah. I loved everything about the work he was doing during this era. If you find it interesting you should read this blog post by David Brothers:
4thletter.net/2008/08/i-call-my-brother-son-cause-he-shine-like-one/

I mean he did make Steve Trevor black so he could seem "powerful and primal" so.

Why not?

You have some kind of problem with black people, OP?

I don't know, they've been going all out recently
>Chulk
>Nova
>Ghost Rider
>Ms. Marvel
>Hugo Strange
>Vicki Vale's cousin
>Vicki Vale depending on relation
>Ancient One
>Mandarian
>Ned Leeds
>Ned Lee
>Liz allen (SS)
>Flash Thompson
>Aquaman

Totally different situation he was mocking the SJW and the concept of the black bull.

Morrison loves DIVERSITY, as in natural, organic diversity of characters. Morrison is a degenerate artist he hates any form of censorship.

People black the night yea but I tho wonder.

I think the idea was to challenge the Amazon's idea of "man's world" to begin with. Yes he's a man, but he's not "the man". It lets Diana (and Morrison) go out and explore the nuances of the world we live in.

>Aquaman

The character is still technically white and etlantian

In the comic itself he always came across as pretty vulnerable, and Diana was a hell of a lot more primal.

so that's why you make race changes? attention?

why change at all?

Anti-Africanization bat-spray

Batman with prep even beats Dr. Diversity's tumblr ray.

>Black Superman
>Asian Superman
>still no more Mexican superman

Reading Morrison when you don't get comics is like jumping into the deep end when you only take showers.

Depends on the writer I guess.

>Totally different situation he was mocking the SJW and the concept of the black bull.
Oh fuck off with this nonsense. Morrison isn't some epic 4channer.

Because why not?
There's literally nothing that's stopping it from being a thing.

So what you're saying is you just don't pay any attention unless you get triggered by black characters.

You don't know shit about morrison.

Singlehandedly turned it into DCuck comics

In Multiversity he made Thunderer abo but people think he's black anyway because they're dumb

He's too smart to be abo

Bruh, read Final Crisis and Morrison's Action Comics. The Superman from Earth-23 is from that universes' Valtho Island. The Earth-23 winner of the Wonder Woman competition is Nubia instead of Diana.

Morrison loves counter culture and alternate universes. There is no big conspiracy comics have just been historically filled with white dudes do you blame writers for wanting to get a different perspective?