MCU Will Start Dealing With The Multiverse

>With Infinity War coming, Feige plans for all the galactic and Earth-based Marvel films to start to relate to each other (“if you’ve been following along, it will all connect”) and the biggest piece of that puzzle lays with the upcoming Doctor Strange.

>“He [Doctor Strange] is certainly going to be much more involved in the MCU, I can confirm that is happening,” Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson said. “His function, what we’ve wanted from the beginning, was to bring in these other dimensions and realities, which is something Doctor Strange can do. The Marvel Cinematic Universe will become the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse.”

>The character who will do that will actually be Mads Mikkelsen’s Kaecilius, who is the villain of Doctor Strange. He is a combination of multiple Doctor Strange antagonists – according to Mikkelsen – who was developed “to allow us to introduce the idea of certain individuals who live in other dimensions, and we’ve done that,” Derrickson said, the closest anyone would come to mentioning classic Doctor Strange villain Dormammu. Mikkelsen himself was even more circumspect [and don’t even bother asking him about Star Wars].

Fantastic Four universe merging with the MCU when?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Multiverse/Universe_Listing
comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/24/scott-derrickson-says-doctor-strange-starts-the-marvel-cinematic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>they beat DC at their own game
DKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Marvel Multiverse has been better anyway.

The Flash has been dealing with the multiverse for 2 years now. There was also the multiversal/time travel scene in BvS.

Is it possible to have worse taste than this?

It's true.

There are people who like MoS and BvS

Said no one ever.

Name one good Marvel universe that isn't 616. Hint: the ultimate universe sucks

Uh, it sounds like they're just talking about extradimensional villains like Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath, or other Earths like Squadron Sinister.

Like I think the implication is that after Thanos, who's essentially the most powerful villain in the universe, the only way to go up is to go to the most powerful villain from ANOTHER universe.

Notice he says literally nothing about other franchises, just dimensions.

>N-no the T-TV shows are d-doing the multiverse and that scene with no context did it t-too
DCucks are pathetic. You really think your shitty rom dramas count? Go suck on Felicity's cock. Film is what counts.

You must be 18 or older to post on this site.

Well, Ultimates 1 and Ultimate Spiderman are far superior to any DC alternative universe, for starters.

And there's the x universe as well.

>resorting to name-calling because he was proven wrong
The high level of discourse here at Sup Forums would truly put the greatest scholars to shame.

Ultimate Universe doesn't suck though. It had great stories in it.

And marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Multiverse/Universe_Listing 90% of this list is great

>immediately goes to the ultimate universe
christ, this really is the worst taste. Why don't you read some magneto flooding new york?

>Well, Ultimates 1 and Ultimate Spiderman are far superior to any DC alternative universe, for starters.

MC2
Noir
Marvel Adventures

>Kaecilius, who is the villain of Doctor Strange. He is a combination of multiple Doctor Strange antagonists
Mordo, Kaluu, Dr. Druid....fuck this shit, this movie only gets worse.

KEK

Marveldrones actually believe this.

Source?

MC2
Future Imperfect
Killraven
Original Guardians of the Galaxy
Squadron Supreme
Supreme Power
New Universe
newuniversal

MCU Kaecilius is probably an amalgam of Kaecilius/Modred/Druid.
> Student of Mordo like Kaecilius
> Mindfucked by ancient deity like Modred
> Sort of ambiguous like Druid

Maybe he will be revealed to be a new evil character...

Shumadormachthonmarezom

I liked the MCU because they avoided this retconning multiverse shit.

Its a recipe for clusterfucks.

>The Marvel Cinematic Universe will become the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse.
Did someone said reboot? Because I think I've heard someone say reboot.

Reinventions, What-Ifs and Alternative Timeline Multiverses are better than "WACKY ADVENTURES OF CHARACTERS SIMILAR TO NEW/PRIME EARTH VERSION OF THEM" multiverses and you know it. Keep denying though.

And Marvel is a Megaverse so this is what makes it more rich in terms of content.

so that's how they plan to recast Iron Man

still won't work

>I have never read Multiversity the post

That's exactly what I was implying.

> Breaks free of Ike and Bendis
> Starts introducing retcon cancer into the MCU

Please Feige, look at the what the comics have become; a retconned fucked up continuity car crash.

>Reinventions, What-Ifs and Alternative Timeline Multiverses

That's exactly what Elseworlds are.

No that's

>"WACKY ADVENTURES OF CHARACTERS SIMILAR TO NEW/PRIME EARTH VERSION OF THEM"

>Reinventions, What-Ifs and Alternative Timeline Multiverses
DC has done all of those, quit cherry picking.

see
They're not talking about going into other Earths with other Iron Mans and shit. Just that you can bring characters like the Squadron Sinister who don't exist on the primary Earth.

>Just that you can bring characters like the Squadron Sinister who don't exist on the primary Earth.
Prepare for Miles and Gwen.

No they aren't.

Red Son
Justice Riders
Kingdom Come
Gotham by Gaslight
JLA: The Nail
New Frontier

These are all exactly what you described.

That's exactly what a What if? is.

>Answering to b8

Old Man Logan

this thread is GARBAGE

>Man-Thing and the Nexus of All Realities
>Squadron Supreme

HYPE

He said good

Great! God Emperor Doom 2035!

>The Marvel Cinematic Universe will become the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse.
CALLED IT
A
L
L
E
D

I
T

MAN-THING MOVIE FUCKING WHEN

>No source

Cool fan fic OP

>d.c. cucks don't use logic user

>Raimi-Man becomes canon
>FoX-Men becomes canon
>Evans FF ebecomes canon
>Cage Rider becomes canon
>Wesley Snipes becomes canon
>WAKE ME UP becomes canon

despite which multiverse you prefer it is undeniable that dc makes far more use of theres then marvel does.

I actually liked it for what it was but it's not a Man-Thing adaptation senpai.

>a combination of multiple Doctor Strange antagonists
oh god first the sjw bullshit that has infected marvel comics spreads its tendrils to the thor films and now this

its over people the MCU is dead

although i suppose its just 2 movies if dc has a chance to claw there way back up after there first 2 suck marvel can recover from a few fuckups

Lol

now now anons a faggot but we can stop pretending multiversity was anything more then a steaming pile of shit with a few good issues
convergence was far better

>people literally thinking OP is real without a source

Jesus fucking christ you guys. Use google ever? Fuck

The only thing Convergence is better at is being toilet paper from the sheer volume of issues it had

>mah meta

Countdown to Secret Wars?

Old Man McGuire Peter and High School Peter and Ultimate Peter all together? Cast the kid from Blackish as Miles Morales.

Fox finally lets the FF and X-Men join the larger MU?

Blade and vampires show up in Defenders?

wait op where the fuck's your source

people thinks Flash thompson is nigger without souce as well....

1602 Universe.

Why is google so challenging for you?

comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/24/scott-derrickson-says-doctor-strange-starts-the-marvel-cinematic/

...Explain?
What's SJW about Mads playing a composite?

The Squadron Supreme Universe.
What If: The Vision had Conquered the World
What If: Captain America had Formed the Avengers.
Guardians of the Galaxy future.
Age of Apocalypse was fun, but should have stayed dead.
Marvel Apes
Legacy World.
What If: The X-Men had Stayed In Asgard
What If: Secret Wars 20 Years Later

oh im not saying theres anything sjw about this new character i was just listing multiple ways in which the movies are going to shit.

i should have been clearer sorry