Pirate-mode Aquaman is literally the best depiction of the character. Prove me wrong

Pirate-mode Aquaman is literally the best depiction of the character. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YYz6qMbWpAw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not saying much

Someone hasn't watched Brave and the Bold

Quick, Sup Forums, what band does aquaman listen to?

Mastadon, obviously.

Meh

I want to give it a chance but idk. Honestly if he acts pretty much like Arthur in the movie and the rest of the DCEU and James Wan goes light on the horror influence, then I'll love it probably. But if they go full edge, I'm going to hate it. Because that's not even Aquaman by that point.

How is full edge not aquaman did you even read the stories from his pirate-mode phase?

He seems like a well intentioned guy at least. He brings fish to that town every year. He's probably kind of exiled from Atlantis because he's half human.

Uh, yeah I did. And not only did he not go full-edge then, but there are other runs and stories where he's not a fucking pirate.

>He seems like a well intentioned guy at least. He brings fish to that town every year. He's probably kind of exiled from Atlantis because he's half human.
That's what I like so far. What I don't like is him chugging down that bottle of whisky. That's trying a bit too hard imo.

But honestly, I'm really willing to give this version a chance, I really am. But I don't want them to go overboard in their mission to get casuals on board with the character after years of ridicule.

friendly reminder that aquaman will never be cool ever under any circumstances

Need to see him ride a great white shark.

You've seen about 30 seconds worth of him, most of which was grunting and swigging Jack Daniels.
Plus: Jason "I'M ACTING!" Mamoa.

You're very likely wrong.

If they were to attempt the clean cut version he'd look like a fucking dweeb.

I want to see him do some cool ass shit already. Give me a badass action sequence with him. Show him do something really awesome underwater.

And show us Mera in costume ffs.

Literally Water-Thor

They're gonna have to make Manta look hard as fuck if DC wants audiences to take him seriously as a threat to this depiction of aquaman.

Agreed. They're going for the GOAT Aquaman look and I couldn't be happier.

Sounds good to me.

Fuck, I hope not. Aquaman is NOT Thor.

He looks like a better thor than hemsworth

Black Manta's design is actually pretty cool already, or at least it is with just some simple tweaks. His helmet is great.

As if Snyder cares.
Or Johns for that matter.
>What can we do to make Aquaman cool?
>Eh, we scrap everything about his personality!
>Brilliant.

What personality?

>NOT MUH-

kys

O C E A N
M A N

I hope they don't fuck up Manta. Dear god I hope they don't fuck up Manta.

Thanks a lot Johns.

I cut myself on that edge, boy.

The Ocean Collective

Dethklok, but only Dethwater.

youtube.com/watch?v=YYz6qMbWpAw

Blue Oyster Cult

Aquabats obviously

It's because Jason Momoa is fucking hooooot

top kek

obviously

the only explanation i can think of as to why fanboys are STILL supporting Snyder is Stockholm syndrome

Do you think he'll lose his hand?

Pretty much

>OUTRAGEOUS XD

You love stupid shit

>What I don't like is him chugging down that bottle of whisky.

Not much else to do in isolated New England towns in winter.

I'm so god damn sick to death of people dismissing valid atempts at mature interpretations of a character with "edgy"
You people, you worthless sacks of shit.

Yeah they pretty much are.
Only key difference is that Aquaman feels much more of a need to be a leader to his people then Thor does even when he doesn't want it.

>I've never read Aquaman but I'm going to say definitively what the best version is

Or the fact that Mos of was incredible & Bvs was good.

>using reddit memes

Spot the DCuck.

>fishman can pick up a 210lb man casually
what is his power exaclty?

Nigga, Aquaman is a Golden Age Superman on land who's basically post-Crisis Superman underwater, on top of being able to telepathically control ocean life.

>pirate
y'know I never thought of it that way. pretty good.

He's about as physically strong as Superman.

Enhanced Strength
Thicker Skin (harder to wound)
Telepathic control of marine life

Sometimes he has other powers or his trident can do stuff. If he's missing a hand, he gets added tools/powers.

>hes pretty much superman

Just show him playing with a big ass Kraken that he keeps as a pet, as if you or I would play with a dog.

This is actually a pretty accurate description.

Literally nobody thinks haircut aquaman is cool.

>making him edgy caveman in order to make him relevant
kek

Super strength - Able to withstand pressures of the ocean floor, thus fast/strong on land, capable of jumping great distances

Can withstand extreme temperatures/cold, lava

Enhanced vision in the dark

Telepathic control of sea life, certain aliens/engineered creatures with similar dna

The power to swim at incredible speeds

The power to move you

That's cool and all, but does he have the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away?
WITH MIND BULLETS?

He can talk to fish and being redundant in the JL since they already have Superman

it was even worse when MM was there too

But hey, casuals don't like him therefore I like him and he is the best hero ever or something because I let other people's opinions define me

Knock it off Kyle, this is some serious shit

They're clearly going for a Poseidon themed king of atlantis thing here.

I've read Aquaman and the best version is bronze age

I'm sorry, but Aquaman doesn't even have the power of flight.
He just doesn't do anything for me.

Everyone in the JL is fucking redundant once Superman is in there.

Sup Forums is filled with contrarian faggots, but you'e trying too hard. A better example would be MCU haters or Batman/Joker haters.

Neither do you, hypocrite, you just levitate a little.

No they're going for an extremely edgy version of the already bleak David Aquaman

why is he so powerful? are all Atlanteans this strong?
and why isnt it known that he is so strong to those of us who avoid joke character comics

He's not a pirate until he gets the harpoon hand.

Just Conan of the sea now or whatever. Momoa did play Conan in that reboot.

>90's Aquaman is probably my least favorite version of the character

>Still excited because it's a valid interpretation andcan enjoy shit even when it's different sometimes

Was that village his father's?

A good deal of Atlanteans are strong, but not as strong as he is.

A lot of non-comic fans know what he can do from cartoons like Justice League, Young Justice, or games like Injustice.

Even a lot of the people who make "talks to fish" jokes know that, they just don't care. That doesn't mean everyone is unwilling to give the character a shot if you present them with a form of media where he has a main role. If that were the case, Batman would never make money with all the people who made jokes about him and Robin being gay and useless with no powers.

>Everyone in the JL is fucking redundant once Superman is in there
I love these "durr Superman can do everything" posts, shows how ignorant DCuck moviefags are.

what makes him the strongest atlantean

he is half human

I was making fun of the logic that people think a character is redundant for having similar powers or backgorund as another, like having two detectives on a team.

Calm the fuck down and stop using buzzwords.

He's outrageous.

Also he super dupe at swimming.

And he has a Trident which can wound (though not kill) New Gods, including Darkseid.

He is a king and he is blonde.

The king part is magic stuff and the blonde part is about being a mongrel freak that gaves him extra powers.

mfw

I cant

in fact seeing something like Injustice 2 with white bread Arthur in Momoas gear makes me sick to my stomach

I'm assuming so, but don't know yet.

shirtless slut Aquaman is my favorite

Pirate? I thought he was more like a rock star, and I dig it.

Phish

Not shirtless.

One fucking job DC.

Phish, clearly

He didnt chug a bottle of whiskey, it was a single beer.

He looks better shirtless

Honestly just get someone who looked that hot to play him IRL. Give him a bunch of shirtless scenes and make him an actual badass without over doing it. There you go, now everyone loves Aquaman, especially women and gay men. His marriage/relationship with Mera shouldn't hurt either.

Who hires Momoa for Aquaman and doesn't have him shirtless constantly?

>Ryan Gosling plays Barry Allen and Arthur Curry in the same movie

This is still bad, just take his shirt off

Give us some manmeat

>best depiction
You mean least awful. After all we are talking about Aquaman. In the top 5 somewhere would be when he was on Superfriends.

>Using cheap bait in an Aquaman thread

it looks like a hobo joke

>shirtless Aquaman staring at a wall for 5 minutes

Ryan Gosling would make a great either honestly. Shit I'd probably like him better as Arthur than Momoa.

Right is far superior imo

>Eva Mendes Mera slowly comes up from behind him, rubbing all over his chest and shoulders, taking in his scent
>This goes on for 15 minutes of near silence
>Finally they break the silence with "alright let's go save the world"

It's not bait, it's honestly.

The fact that the average Sup Forums browser can name ten depictions of Aquaman that aren't Superfriends makes it bait

I believe the reasoning is that since their bodies are subject to the huge pressures of the ocean that they're much stronger when on land.

You seem to think your niche superhero is popular enough for Average Sup Forums members to actually care for. He's Cyborg with fins and Green Arrow before the show. Flash & Hal Jordan invite him to their parties because he makes them less boring.

>What I don't like is him chugging down that bottle of whisky
Could be an adaption of the Thone of Atlantis scene where he is drinking due to his fathers death.